Kiwi locked up in Thailand with no clothes, food or water

webfact

I'm sure there was a reason to take his clothes off. Maybe he was angry that they locked him up, acted aggressively, threw away the water bottle, threatened suicide,...

Sitting in the monkey house means everyone has limited access to food and drink. This is only 2-3 times a day. It's not a hotel.

Also, has the attorney been paid or is he still waiting for his money? The fact that he is ill with Covid is no reason not to call the court or send his help to help the New Zealander. But pending payments are a reason.

No embassy supports someone who has committed a crime. You have to help yourself. It's your own problem.

Surprising, on the photo him has his clothes on.

Edited by snowgard
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, steven100 said:

sorry ....   reprint :    nothing to do with corruption.   Drugs are not welcome in most societies.

I was pointing out the fact that corrution is widespread and its a scurge, its also illegal yet the punishements for those caught - rarely fit the crime.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:

I was pointing out the fact that corrution is widespread and its a scurge, its also illegal yet the punishements for those caught - rarely fit the crime.

yes ... so true ..... many things here don't make alot of sense ...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its clear that some are passing their excessive judgment without any compassion or understanding of how minor such an offence is. 

They are also missing the point that such treatment is a contravention of human rights - That said, we have one side of the story from the 'victim’ which may very well be quite the embellishment.

The cells ’should’ have CCTV and it ‘could’ be easy enough for an authority figure to find out exactly what happened... i.e. one poster pasted in comments (which I suspect are from a different source) which indicated that the ‘victim’ had in fact been throwng the water in his cell... 

... as that poster suggested, perhaps the ‘victims’ clothes were wet etc...  Of course, he should have been given spare - but this is Thailand, who pays for the spare clothes etc etc... 

Don't forget there recently was a story where a prisoner hung himself by his pants.

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Don't forget there recently was a story where a prisoner hung himself by his pants.

And the CCTV was not working...  :whistling:

I don't think the Thai police have blanked policy to strip their detainees just incase they use their clothes to hang themselves...  

On 5/11/2023 at 5:40 PM, keith101 said:

Absolutely disgraceful treatment for possession of just 2 tablets clearly for personal use (although illegal) and not a dealer who would have been treated better , SHAME on you BIB .

They were just trolling him. He had illegal drugs. Im against all prohibition but common.

19 hours ago, snowgard said:

No embassy supports someone who has committed a crime. You have to help yourself. It's your own problem.

A TV show has shown Australian Embassy helping Australians held by police. But I feel embassies don't do enough and probably do ignore most situations. From my experience Embassies are for renewing a passport and Australians needing other support are best advised to start up their own citizen embassies aside from the useless government setup ones.

2 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

A TV show has shown Australian Embassy helping Australians held by police. But I feel embassies don't do enough and probably do ignore most situations. From my experience Embassies are for renewing a passport and Australians needing other support are best advised to start up their own citizen embassies aside from the useless government setup ones.

Don't do drugs overseas.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bignok said:

Don't do drugs overseas.

I'm more concerned for people that haven't done drugs but have been falsely accused. Not that this particular case seems like that. I have been close to a person that was falsely accused of sex offenses. Luckily for him he had a good Thai lawyer that gathered enough evidence to make the police giveup on their show. Lawyer cost a ton though. His embassy offered nothing.

1 minute ago, TimeMachine said:

I'm more concerned for people that haven't done drugs but have been falsely accused. Not that this particular case seems like that. I have been close to a person that was falsely accused of sex offenses. Luckily for him he had a good Thai lawyer that gathered enough evidence to make the police giveup on their show. Lawyer cost a ton though. His embassy offered nothing.

They are all innocent according to them

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ralf001 said:
17 hours ago, stevenl said:

Allegedly.

Did the police ever produce the CCTV Footage they claimed as proof ?

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:
17 hours ago, stevenl said:

And the CCTV was not working...  :whistling:

I don't think the Thai police have blanked policy to strip their detainees just incase they use their clothes to hang themselves...  

On 5/12/2023 at 4:45 PM, BestB said:

i did not mention that for toilet there is a hole in the floor, in the middle of each cell, no flushing, hole is tiny, so most guys miss and spray all around it, then as there is no flush, everyone gets to enjoy the smell. Of course for number 2 is even bigger problem, putting aside the smell and no privacy, there is no toilet paper or the bum gun

everyone sleeps on the floor, no pillows or blankets, at night almost impossible to find a spot, like sardines in a can

Hotness level? imagine being in a sauna? this is about right, so everyone very lethargic , can hardly move around

On the plus side, because cut off from even a day light, get to sleep and relax, as there is nothing you can do or want to do ????

All the rubbish gets thrown into one corner and gets collected may be once a week if lucky, so on top of all the rest, get to smell rotting leftovers

That sounds uncomfortable. However, don't forget they are criminals those inmates. They are not in a hotel. So they shouldn't complain.

If you come to Thailand as a foreigner you are to accept the rules.

Also, about cruelty. Is it so? What about Guantanamo or Abu Ghraib prison? 

We are here in Thailand, not in those areas where e.g. soldiers committing crimes continuously without any responsibility in court. Those soldiers are sacrosanct? But that is another chapter to discuss.