1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

www.kasareviews.com/wise-debit-card-review-pros-cons/

A simple question to Bingle.

Are you trolling? 

You do realize that Google searches about Thailand usually end up here. 

A forum is an online discussion board where people can ask questions, share their experiences, and discuss topics of mutual interest. Forums are an excellent way to create social connections and a sense of community. They can also help you to cultivate an interest group about a particular subject.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Are you trolling? 

You do realize that Google searches about Thailand usually end up here. 

What are you on about. I simply Bingled a question to which YOU needed an answer and posted it to you.

Last time you get any help from me Mr Neeranam.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, pattaya1234was said:

No-they tell me I am on the waiting list. At the moment Thailand is not on their list of countries for Cards.

Is that for a card connected to a Thai Baht denominated account, or for delivery of a GBP or EURO denominated account.  Or is there no difference?  

I have a Wise card sitting in UK waiting for me to pick up when I next go visit.  Not in a hurry, so no personal involvement in this, but interesting nonetheless and have emailled WISE to ask if they will deliver a card to an address other than that registered with the account.

PH

Edited by Phulublub
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Phulublub said:

Is that for a card connected to a Thai Baht denominated account, or for delivery of a GBP or EURO denominated account.  Or is there no difference?  

As far as I can remember when I got my Wise card 4 years ago, I simply put that I wanted THB account, and there it was. I use it every month for my foreign transfer with very few problems.

6 hours ago, ArnieP said:

Spot on.

For anyone logging onto to their Wise account in Thailand then selecting ‘Card’ from the menu at the bottom of the screen there’s a message stating “Sorry, our cards aren’t available in Thailand yet.”

While that is correct, that is for Thailand Cards.  I had an answer to my query:

Hello,

Thanks for getting in touch.

For the Wise card, the delivery address doesn’t have to be the address on your account. For instance, you can order the card to your office, or to a friend or relative’s place.

Just be aware that the estimated standard delivery time may take up to three weeks to arrive, depending on the destination.

Read more: Can I get my new card delivered abroad?

Hope this answers your query. Do let us know if you have any questions.

Clicking on the link gives us:

International delivery is available for Wise cards for most regions.

Europe and UK

For the first order, personal cards can be delivered and activated in Europe only. Replacement cards can be delivered internationally.

Business cards have international delivery as an option for the first and replacement orders.

Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Singapore

Personal and business cards have international delivery as an option for the first and replacement orders.

Malaysia and Canada

Personal cards have international delivery as an option for the first and replacement orders.

USA and Brazil

International delivery is not available at the moment.

So, for the OP (and anyone else) in Europe, a replacement card can be sent here

HTH

PH

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

So, for the OP (and anyone else) in Europe, a replacement card can be sent here

... but with the following caveat from your link:

Europe and UK

For the first order, personal cards can be delivered and activated in Europe only. Replacement cards can be delivered internationally.

On 5/15/2023 at 9:06 AM, KannikaP said:

As far as I can remember when I got my Wise card 4 years ago, I simply put that I wanted THB account, and there it was. I use it every month for my foreign transfer with very few problems.

Is using the card better than using the phone app?

I just downloaded the app. 

The reason I want a card is for buying goods online and in shops, and possibly for funding/receiving my Revolut card, where I can buy/sell Bitcoin. 

On 5/14/2023 at 12:05 PM, Phulublub said:

I have a Wise card sitting in UK waiting for me to pick up when I next go visit.  Not in a hurry, so no personal involvement in this, but interesting nonetheless and have emailled WISE to ask if they will deliver a card to an address other than that registered with the account.

PH

Can you please post the Wise email contact?

I need to talk to them about what happens to my single name Wise account when I die, Can my wife still use it?

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I need to talk to them about what happens to my single name Wise account when I die, Can my wife still use it?

I recently helped my wife open a WISE account and I have my UK state pension paid into it, so that she can get used to using it. When I die her widows pension (from my private pension) will be paid into her WISE account.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

I recently helped my wife open a WISE account and I have my UK state pension paid into it, so that she can get used to using it. When I die her widows pension (from my private pension) will be paid into her WISE account.

Thank you for the information.

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Is using the card better than using the phone app?

Dooh. The phone or PC app is used to instigate transfers. The physical card is used to buy things.

Edited by KannikaP

On 5/15/2023 at 9:06 AM, KannikaP said:

You use your card for transfers? 

23 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

You use your card for transfers? 

Come Mr Tatlock, read the post I put above this one. The app is for transfers, the card for buying stuff, online or live.

Edited by KannikaP

28 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Come Mr Tatlock, read the post I put above this one. The app is for transfers, the card for buying stuff, online or live.

Your post says you use the card for transfers, hence the additional question. 

36 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

We're getting old when we can remember Albert Tatlock. 

He was on a good gig. Didn't really act or anything, just ordered a drink in Rovers and mumbled something or other. I suppose that's why I remember him.

Edited by torturedsole
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

He was on a good gig. Didn't really act or anything, just ordered a drink in Rovers and mumbled something or other. I suppose that's why I remember him.

Watch him on Buggernation Street on You Tube. Albert shines.

Anyway. back to Wise....best way I have found of transferring my monthly to Bangkok Bank, periodically.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, torturedsole said:

Not that old, he left in 1984.

There was a famous punk song about him????

Edited by Neeranam

6 hours ago, billd766 said:

I emailled from within the website after logging in, so don't know, and checked on mobile app where account -> Help -> Scroll down ->  Contact Us gets you to a similar  "Email Us" message box

The reply came from

[email protected]

which may get a response - but suggest you do as I did and send from within website or app.

PH

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Phulublub said:

I emailled from within the website after logging in, so don't know, and checked on mobile app where account -> Help -> Scroll down ->  Contact Us gets you to a similar  "Email Us" message box

The reply came from

[email protected]

which may get a response - but suggest you do as I did and send from within website or app.

PH

Thank you for your help.

I will try that tomorrow.

On 5/13/2023 at 12:31 PM, NoDisplayName said:

Always on PC for Wise, usually for Bangkok Bank.  Last night's transfer was on PC only.  Not sure why Bangkok Bank would code it as MOB, since I'm not involved with them in any way for the transfer from Wise.

Only use the phone app on rare occasions when I want to transfer cash from my main account without ATM card to my spending account with ATM card.

It's a lot faster now but a few years ago money sent to my wife's Krungthai account used to go to Bangkok bank fist then to her account. It may even have gone via Krungthai Bangkok fist but I can't remember. There were fees for all this as well.

As I say, much easier and quicker now