Two Indian Men Report Their Expensive Gold Necklaces Were Stolen in Pattaya by Transgender Thieves

webfact

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Fair enough - I do actually stand corrected, that gold is facet of Indian culture. 

But, no one has suggested they drop or forget their culture - people have suggested that they not place themselves at risk of theft by not wearing gold....

.... and that as this is seemingly such a frequent occurrence in the news here how come more don't know about this issue? they don’t get to hear about this back home?...  or do they believe it just believe it won’t happen to them?

Not sure about their culture, but I reckon that in recent years very many Indian and Chinese people have started travelling overseas, when it's something that they've never really done before. They're not experienced overseas travellers.

3 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Most (like 90%) of ladyboys haven't had the full sex change operation. That was according to a (real woman) bargirl who I spoke to in Patpong many years ago.

Must be right then!

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Must be right then!

It kinda makes sense:
1. The financial cost of the op.

2. The worry that whatever they end up with might not 'function'.

3. Not wanting to go under the knife anyway (especially not down there!☹️).

20 hours ago, KannikaP said:

No, that was for blokes who were still just that but batted for the other side.

Did transgender operations happen in 60s & 70s.?

When was the first one I wonder?

I don't know about when the first one happened, but I met a guy in Houston TX in 1978 that complained bitterly about being denied a sex change operation.    He claimed the psychiatrists did not think he was not a good candidate for a sex change operation due to his mental state. 

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, radiochaser said:

I don't know about when the first one happened, but I met a guy in Houston TX in 1978 that complained bitterly about being denied a sex change operation.    He claimed the psychiatrists did not think he was not a good candidate for a sex change operation due to his mental state. 

The most famous TS in Britain had the op in 1960.

On 5/13/2023 at 8:07 AM, Mickeymaus said:

Strange somehow. Why don't the many real ladies on the Beach Road do the same. I have never heard of a case.

They just do it differently - they rip you in the room.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/13/2023 at 4:03 PM, BenStark said:

Apparently these AN posters never learn that different cultures have different beliefs and social practices.

In India gold is considered a symbol of status, luck and prosperity.

So they should forget about their culture because they visit a country on holiday, where there are mentally challenged people with too long fingers?

I thailand "culture" gold is  valuable and is seen by some as a very thievable commodity so clearly if they value their gold  the answer to your question is a resounding  yes.     Only an idiot would think otherwise,  People should leave their "culture" at home and as it didn't bring them any luck on this occasion  maybe they should now reevaluate at least one of  their "beliefs"

Edited by Bday Prang

8 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

The most famous TS in Britain had the op in 1960.

Bet that turned out well    probably looked like the result of a serious industrial accident

Edited by Bday Prang

On 5/13/2023 at 3:52 PM, ThailandGuy said:

Apparently these people from India  never learn not to wear a gold necklace? Why show off your wealth?  With what purpose?  Here is the -->>>  ...... <<<---  you can rob me !!

No problem really  they probably share the necklace between them  like they share their drink, so if six of them club together to buy a new one it won't work out too expensive for each of them

On 5/13/2023 at 11:10 PM, jaywalker said:

I have no idea what you are saying, but you quoted me.

I have a gay nephew and a gay cousin....That's just the way God made them.

I love them the same as my straight relatives = I DON"T CARE!

They were both adults when they decided they were attracted to men. You can fly to the moon, or dive 7 miles deep in the Mariana Trench when you are an adult.

Keep it out of the kids' (especially my kids') faces until then.

Otherwise I tend to get upset. My son it 28, straight & married. My Daughter is 18 & straight.

If either them turn homosexual.....well OK. Not my prefered path but I'll still love them.

yep your kids are your responsibility until 18...as would be mine if I had any....

i would have no problem taking them to storybook time with drag queens to teach

them tolerance and acceptance......you seemingly would not

kids seem to accept more than adults do imo as we are taught to hate and judge

reminds me of a banner i had in my room as a kid--children learn what they live...

On 5/13/2023 at 6:52 PM, ThailandGuy said:

Apparently these people from India  never learn not to wear a gold necklace? Why show off your wealth?  With what purpose?  Here is the -->>>  ...... <<<---  you can rob me !!

Gold chains are expensive too. I bought a 60 baht Buddha and black cotton neck cord instead.

On 5/15/2023 at 9:53 AM, Essaybloke said:

...and why was it necessary to use the label 'transgender'?

...and the victims not labelled 'heterosexual', or whatever their predilections?

Victims could be bi or gay. Who knows. 

5 minutes ago, bang saen guy said:

Why only trans and why only Indians? Something is amiss me thinks

Indians are frugal, they are the ones that stroll beach road looking for company. 

Beach Road is saturated by Ladyboy's, the ladyboy's fondle the Indians and make friends with the Indians, the Indians get excited. 

Indians are looking for love and the ladyboy's are looking for wealth. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2023 at 1:01 PM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

THIS! I want to go to home pro..buy some link chain and gold spray paint and set up the trap!

Side note do Indian men NOT talk to each other about this seemingly daily occurrence???

Obviously they do talk to each other then race out to buy "gold" chains????

On 5/14/2023 at 12:39 PM, smew said:

latest Indian scam: fake gold and claim insurance. Pays for nextThai vacation... everyone wins, but the nsurance company 

Nobody wins cause the non-scammers have to pay higher insurance.The insurance company wont lose.

On 5/14/2023 at 10:42 AM, Fairynuff said:

Because a certain type of person seems to be threatened by it and can’t stop whining.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....................................All Day..........................24/7.....................................365....

hence my posting of a quote that seemed to fire up those types of people....

Could be that they are angry not that THEY are now the minority and a dying breed....

I wonder if they found out that I marched in the CM Pride parade even though im straight=oh the humanity!.....Ive been corrupted by the ladyboys and Id better get to church for re-education

• Thanks 1

An Aussie friend of mine told me the first thing to do is rent a room a short walk from where you will be doing your late night boozing. He was experienced as he hit Pattaya in the mid 80's and came here for at least 4 months every year until his death in 2015. He also said don't wear anything expensive, keep away from the beach side of Beach Road and don't use motor bike taxis. I first hit Pattaya in the year 2000 and I've never once been caught up in a confrontation. Thankfully I heeded his words.