Two Indian Men Report Their Expensive Gold Necklaces Were Stolen in Pattaya by Transgender Thieves

webfact

1 hour ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

THIS! I want to go to home pro..buy some link chain and gold spray paint and set up the trap!

no point .....  they won't come near you ,  they know straight away if it's fake gold.  

I've had Thai's tell me immediately in the supermarket if someone is wearing a huge fake gold chain.

• Sad 1

There seems to be a pattern emerging here recently:-

Pattaya - Indian -  Ladyboy - Gold Necklace - Gone! 

These people should know better than to flaunt their expensive jewellery in such places - it has happened so many times before.

Or maybe, knowing the reputation that Indian businessmen have for "seizing an opportunity", could be grounds for excessive Insurance claims? 

Reminds me of an old joke, which hopefully the Mods will allow on here:-

Einstein and an Indian businessman were sitting beside each other on a long flight. Einstein suggested they play a game to pass the time. He said to the Indian - "You ask me a question and if I can't answer it correctly, I'll give you $100. Then I'll ask you a question, and if you can't answer it correctly, you give me $5."

The Indian thought about it for a minute and then agreed to play the game. So Einstein said "OK - you start". So the question was:- 

"What goes up a hill with 4 legs, and comes back down with only 3?"

Einstein thought and thought, and eventually said "OK, I give in - I have no idea - here is your $100. So what does go up a hill with 4 legs and comes back down with only 3?"

To which the Indian replied:- 

"I have no idea - here is your $5" ???? 

• Love It 1

Reported posts using vulgarities, Trolling Meme photos as well as off topic posts and those trolling and baiting others have been removed.  The topic is not about being liberal, progressive or anything else. The Op is about:

Two Indian Men Report Their Expensive Gold Necklaces Were Stolen in Pattaya by Transgender Thieves

2 minutes ago, ThailandGuy said:

Apparently these people from India  never learn not to wear a gold necklace? Why show off your wealth?  With what purpose?  Here is the -->>>  ...... <<<---  you can rob me !!

Apparently these AN posters never learn that different cultures have different beliefs and social practices.

In India gold is considered a symbol of status, luck and prosperity.

So they should forget about their culture because they visit a country on holiday, where there are mentally challenged people with too long fingers?

Surely no insurance company is paying out on this epidemic of Indians claiming on stolen gold chains? I imagine a verifiable receipt would need to be produced as well as being mentioned on the insurance policy. I wonder if police are viewing any of the security cam footage that might capture alleged theft?

13 minutes ago, BenStark said:
24 minutes ago, ThailandGuy said:

Apparently these people from India  never learn not to wear a gold necklace? Why show off your wealth?  With what purpose?  Here is the -->>>  ...... <<<---  you can rob me !!

Apparently these AN posters never learn that different cultures have different beliefs and social practices.

In India gold is considered a symbol of status, luck and prosperity.

So they should forget about their culture because they visit a country on holiday, where there are mentally challenged people with too long fingers?

No.. thats not what people are saying at all... Thats your ‘hyperbolic virtue signalling strawman argument’... 

What people have been suggesting is that the theft of gold necklaces from Indian guys in Pattaya is now such common place how have those who are travelling to Thailand not heard about it ?????

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

No.. thats not what people are saying at all... Thats your ‘hyperbolic virtue signalling strawman argument’... 

What people have been suggesting is that the theft of gold necklaces from Indian guys in Pattaya is now such common place how have those who are travelling to Thailand not heard about it ?????

Well Mr Straw man, didn't the poster to who I replied say these people from India never learn not to wear a gold necklace? Why show off your wealth?  With what purpose?

He didn't mention the word Pattaya or even Thailand. He clearly indicated that they should not adhere to their cultural beliefs.

And according to your straw men opinion, 1.4 Billion people in India should know what is happening in Pattaya. Right?

Edited by BenStark
  • Love It 1

18 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Or it's an insurance scam?

Transgender has always been there. Maybe a few hundred years back they were burnt at the stake like witches, I don’t know. I do know that in Victorian society it was very  common , lots of books referring to this, films etc. Some very influential people were known to be of doubtful gender.  They weren’t nice times for the poor or people who were different.

one would hope that today attitudes are different !  They’re not all hookers in Pattaya or the numerous back streets around the world. From what I’ve seen Thai airways employed many , compared to other airlines.  Why would it bother anyone ?
my brother who is 84 went to school with a «  tomboy ». Poor girl was ignored in class and in life. A quiet nice person that I knew as she / he was a neighbour of my grandmother.  I’ve seen an aged lady walking around our town in the south of France for nigh on 50 years. Obviously not a woman but not a man either.  It’s a hard lonely life for most. 
Acceptance would be nice. 

• Like 1

Seems to be a common occurrence now and again - same town, same Nationality victims, same thieves.....I guess there's no issue strutting at 2am in Mumbai or New Delhi or elsewhere........

I doubt that Indian travel insurance continues paying for stolen necklaces. So why are those people taking the chance ? Maybe it’s because certain people like to show off their jewelry, lots of people do. I personally take no jewelry with me when leaving Europe. And even in Europe do not wear it evenings. 

25 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Well Mr Straw man, didn't the poster to who I replied say these people from India never learn not to wear a gold necklace? Why show off your wealth?  With what purpose?

Correct he did.. because many Indians seem not... How is it so many Westerners know that Beach road is a hotbed of theft, yet Indian's repeatedly get their ‘gold chains’ ripped off the necks there.... its such a common occurrence its become a stereotype. 

He didn't mention the word Pattaya or even Thailand. He clearly indicated that they should not adhere to their cultural beliefs.

Since when did wearing a gold necklaces in India become a ‘cultural belief’... you’re going down the rabbit hole attempting back up your flawed response. 

And according to your straw men opinion, 1.4 Billion people in India should know what is happening in Pattaya. Right?

That response highlights an absence of intelligent critical thought 1.4 Billion Indians do not visit Thailand. 

But, it would be reasonable to expect that those visiting Thailand would find out about the risks before travelling - its seems many don’t. 

In the same manner when you take a LB back to your room you know to lock away your wallet in the safe or you’ll be robbed. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Toby1947 said:

Puffs

No, that was for blokes who were still just that but batted for the other side.

Did transgender operations happen in 60s & 70s.?

When was the first one I wonder?

Edited by KannikaP

5 minutes ago, geisha said:

I doubt that Indian travel insurance continues paying for stolen necklaces. So why are those people taking the chance ? Maybe it’s because certain people like to show off their jewelry, lots of people do. I personally take no jewelry with me when leaving Europe. And even in Europe do not wear it evenings. 

That kind of begs the question, why wear jewellery in Europe ??? is it showing off there?

Of course, I think not...  people just like to wear nice things that they enjoy, but also, we have to be sensible about our security, just as you are by not wearing expensive items if going out in the evening etc.

Personally, I’d feel more at risk wearing a Rolex in London than I would in Bangkok or Pattaya... I suspect the guys who wear gold necklaces in places like Pattaya are under a false impression that its safer in Thailand...   it certainly feels that way in most places in Thailand. 

But.... there are lot of stories of necklaces being snatched - So, just like all the other scams, how have tourists not heard about this ???...   

Just like guys going for a shower and getting robbed by the girl they just brought back. 

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:
34 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Since when did wearing a gold necklaces in India become a ‘cultural belief’... you’re going down the rabbit hole attempting back up your flawed response. 

Here you go, and no need to reply because I don't see your future posts any more.  Bye

https://www.bankbazaar.com/gold-rate/significance-of-gold-in-indian-culture.html

https://www.royalmint.com/invest/discover/invest-in-gold/gold-and-indian-culture/

• Like 1