Two Indian Men Report Their Expensive Gold Necklaces Were Stolen in Pattaya by Transgender Thieves

webfact

9 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Fair enough - I do actually stand corrected, that gold is facet of Indian culture. 

But, no one has suggested they drop or forget their culture - people have suggested that they not place themselves at risk of theft by not wearing gold....

.... and that as this is seemingly such a frequent occurrence in the news here how come more don't know about this issue? they don’t get to hear about this back home?...  or do they believe it just believe it won’t happen to them?

8 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Khatoeys,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Everyone understands that!

Always beware, and have your knee/foot ready to hit them hard--very hard --in the balls!

my feeble attempt at what you would call a 100% woman...

8 hours ago, jaywalker said:

My kids by definition, have ZERO right to complain I have a BOY a have a GIRL

They are brother and sister. If that is difficult to understand......99% of people have been this way since the beginning of time...

Well I have a hard time believing that I am a problem. I'm not & never will ask a teacher to say that being heterosexual is the only option....I think katoeys are "THERE"

PLEASE never try to influence young kids, that are not adults yet, would cool.

freewill and parental discretion?..some choose to take their kids, you choose not to.....

1 hour ago, Foreign Jim said:

If only ladyboys could find decent jobs, they wouldn't have to resort to sucking and stealing.

Ive seen many working cosmetic counters at fancy stores.....also cabaret shows, models...

one even won a beauty pageant and then let the cat out of the bag!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

no point .....  they won't come near you ,  they know straight away if it's fake gold.  

I've had Thai's tell me immediately in the supermarket if someone is wearing a huge fake gold chain.

So whats youre saying is......THIS could be a ladyboy DETERRENT??????...

I might have to try this out as it could literally solve the problem

All that glitters is not gold..the indians get to look flashy without all the thieving!!!

Done and done!

• Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Even back in 1985, I was advised that it was best not to walk along the footpath on the beach side of Beach Road after dark. (Even if you didn't have anything expensive on you!????).

i was told that but when i had a bit to much to drink and bars closed (early 1990s) i would find myself doing that, we called it the walk of shame ha ha

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

No.. thats not what people are saying at all... Thats your ‘hyperbolic virtue signalling strawman argument’... 

What people have been suggesting is that the theft of gold necklaces from Indian guys in Pattaya is now such common place how have those who are travelling to Thailand not heard about it ?????

How about the jet-ski scam that went on for decades....That recived Vast media coverage...How was that possible? Yet it went on and on...

I peronally think many/most of these gold chain stories are scams but but not all of them..

17 hours ago, edwardflory said:

It amazzzzzes me how many men from India wear gold chains late at night ( early morn ) while they go for a stroll.

During the last round of a lot of Indians coming, I tried to tell quite a few of them to be careful, as they were putting a lot of gold on display. My real irritation is,  I suspect the thieves are really a small group of LBs that just keep repeating the same easy crime... lets face it, the police are rarely about. A bit of proactive action is needed.... an offender should be banned from the streets, then policing should be harassing LBs, and any with a ban on record, locked up for the night.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

The Pattaya News notes that the incident was five meters from a police box.

What's a police box?  It's quite close to the Den of Iniquity AKA Beach Road Police Station which will be full of  invisible, sleeping police after a hard three hour shift.

17 hours ago, KannikaP said:

No, that was for blokes who were still just that but batted for the other side.

Did transgender operations happen in 60s & 70s.?

When was the first one I wonder?

Most (like 90%) of ladyboys haven't had the full sex change operation. That was according to a (real woman) bargirl who I spoke to in Patpong many years ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, redwood1 said:

How about the jet-ski scam that went on for decades....That recived Vast media coverage...How was that possible? Yet it went on and on...

I peronally think many/most of these gold chain stories are scams but but not all of them..

Indeed....   I guess there are still so many around who consider ‘it won’t happen to me’...

Lets face it, how many of us ride motorcycles yet read the news of so many accidents ???

- it won’t happen to me because I don't speed, while drunk, in the rain, at night, don’t jump lights etc etc... (cutting down the risk I suppose, but that doesn’t eliminate it).

Thus, those who want to enjoy jet-ski’s just think he scam won’t happen to them, or they are completely unaware... 

Walking with necklaces etc.. I suspect those who wear them are always aware of a potential risk, but the ‘want’ to wear it and show it is greater than the concern that ‘it may happen to them’... 

21 hours ago, jaywalker said:

Not real sure why all the transgender stuff is now front amd center, but ifyou want to put an end to humanity, then they are on the right track.

Because a certain type of person seems to be threatened by it and can’t stop whining.

• Love It 1

10 hours ago, Darksidedude said:

i was told that but when i had a bit to much to drink and bars closed (early 1990s) i would find myself doing that, we called it the walk of shame ha ha

It makes sense. It's a long distance with lots of dark areas on the beach side for unseen people to loiter in.

I spent most of my time living in Bangkok. An American friend called "The Walk Of Shame" the area on Sukhumvit Road between Soi 3 and Soi 5. There's a bus stop along there where there were always LB's & hookers loitering (pretending to be waiting for a bus?????).