Thai females average weight now 63kg!!!!

3 hours ago, sharksy said:

I suspect that these nationalities are probably lower in height than Thai.  My Thai lady is 48KG and comes up to my shoulders.  In Vietnam, many locals there came up to her shoulders

you're right but its not significant. average of the other countries is around 1.55 with viet nam 1.58 and thailand 1.59

1 minute ago, stoner said:

you're right but its not significant. average of the other countries is around 1.55 with viet nam 1.58 and thailand 1.59

Isaan average be under 150. Lots of Thais in Chiang Mai over 165.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, it is what it is said:

yea, like the average european/american is a healthy lifestyle role model. glass houses.

I'm not saying that the American/European lifestlye is a healthy role model, far from it, I thought the topic was about Thais.

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Myth, i eat loads of sugar when exercising, 150g in my water bottle today, I'm not sugar phobic and fit and slim. Main issue is fatty junk food, pastries, chocolate, ice cream, crisps etc etc

You may well have high sugar tolerance yourself, but to dismiss high sugar intake as a myth is very irresponsible; the effects apart from the obvious one of weight gain, include higher blood pressure, inflammation, diabetes and an increased risk of heart attack and stroke.

Ironically, you dismiss added sugar intake as a myth, and then list as the main issue, fatty junk food, pastries, chocolate and ice cream, all of which contain very high levels of added sugar ¯\_()_/¯

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

You may well have high sugar tolerance yourself, but to dismiss high sugar intake as a myth is very irresponsible; the effects apart from the obvious one of weight gain, include higher blood pressure, inflammation, diabetes and an increased risk of heart attack and stroke.

Ironically, you dismiss added sugar intake as a myth, and then list as the main issue, fatty junk food, pastries, chocolate and ice cream, all of which contain very high levels of added sugar ¯\_()_/¯

all contain high levels of fat which people like you ignore and instead blame the sugar 

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

all contain high levels of fat which people like you ignore and instead blame the sugar 

Classic deflective whataboutery; and please point out where I have ever said that I ignore the fat content of food; conversely, you said that added sugar being a health risk was a myth. Not only is that completely inaccurate, it is also irresponsible to peddle such nonsense.   

Hopefully most posters on this forum will have the good sense to ignore your fatuous claim.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Classic deflective whataboutery; and please point out where I have ever said that I ignore the fat content of food; conversely, you said that added sugar being a health risk was a myth. Not only is that completely inaccurate, it is also irresponsible to peddle such nonsense.   

Hopefully most posters on this forum will have the good sense to ignore your fatuous claim.

Sugar and carbs in reasonable amounts is just fine if healthy, same salt, overweight, obese etc different story. What's your weight \ BMI? too many overweight people on here telling people what to eat

On 5/15/2023 at 4:54 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I blame the western diet and 7 Eleven

I ate home cooked thai food for a few months and put on some quick flab on the waist. i quit that diet and just ate red rice topped with 7-11 curried meat and lost it all even quicker.

it's the white rice, cheap cooking oil, msg and sugar that's giving the lovelies their chubby shape...

1 minute ago, cncltd1973 said:

it's the white rice, cheap cooking oil, msg and sugar that's giving the lovelies their chubby shape...

doubt it they've been eating that for generations and were slim

Edited by scubascuba3

I just luv the comments by the farang armchair critics on here who stay home in their apartments all day being critical of Thai ladies eating & exercise habits.

I am 5 kg heavier than I was at 18, now 72 & 60KG.

In saying that if they are over 50 KG, forget it

11 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Yes sugar can cause a bunch of health problems. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, bignok said:

Sugar can cause diabetes. Its bad for you in excess. BMI has been discredited. You keep peddling the same nonsense. A 95kg man can be twice as fit as a 75kg man. Elite sportsmen can be 105kgs.

A 50kg marathon runner is skinny yet isnt more healthy than a 90kg swimmer. This BMI stuff is nonsense.

Agree all footballers weigh 95-100 KG and they are not fat they train every day and are as fit as a fiddle 

My Thai Missus turned 45 a couple of days ago. She is a shade over 5 feet and her weight is around 8 stone plus or minus a single kilo. Her eight never varies more than a kilo. We don't eat bread, red meat, or fast food or fizzy drinks. I still enjoy an occasional steak if we eat out. She goes veggy for a few weeks every few months. She is always doing stretching exercises, we also walk a lot and it works for her. Not so much for me!

9 minutes ago, rasg said:

My Thai Missus turned 45 a couple of days ago. She is a shade over 5 feet and her weight is around 8 stone plus or minus a single kilo. Her eight never varies more than a kilo. We don't eat bread, red meat, or fast food or fizzy drinks. I still enjoy an occasional steak if we eat out. She goes veggy for a few weeks every few months. She is always doing stretching exercises, we also walk a lot and it works for her. Not so much for me!

Red meat isnt fattening.

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

Red meat isnt fattening.

Red meat is high in saturated, unhealthy fats and energy, and so has often been focussed on as a target food for causing weight gain. Although red meat also provides valuable nutrients and is a good source of protein, it is often consumed in large quantities and can thus be a key factor in weight gain.

Just now, still kicking said:

Red meat is high in saturated, unhealthy fats and energy, and so has often been focussed on as a target food for causing weight gain. Although red meat also provides valuable nutrients and is a good source of protein, it is often consumed in large quantities and can thus be a key factor in weight gain.

Nonsense.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5598025/

People lost more weight eating 4+ a week versus restricted.

6 hours ago, still kicking said:
Saturated fat does not clog the arteries: coronary heart disease is a chronic inflammatory condition, the risk of which can be effectively reduced from healthy lifestyle interventions

Coronary artery disease pathogenesis and treatment urgently requires a paradigm shift. Despite popular belief among doctors and the public, the conceptual model of dietary saturated fat clogging a pipe is just plain wrong. A landmark systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies showed no association between saturated fat consumption and (1) all-cause mortality, (2) coronary heart disease (CHD), (3) CHD mortality, (4) ischaemic stroke or (5) type 2 diabetes in healthy adults.1 Similarly in the secondary prevention of CHD there is no benefit from reduced fat, including saturated fat, on myocardial infarction, cardiovascular or all-cause mortality.

2 minutes ago, bignok said:
Saturated fat does not clog the arteries: coronary heart disease is a chronic inflammatory condition, the risk of which can be effectively reduced from healthy lifestyle interventions

I don't won't to argue, I eat red meat as well in small portion (well everything in small portion) I don't eat a lot of vegs because everything you buy at the supermarket comes wrapped up in plastic, being single, it is not the way to go for me I am not a big eater. People say don't drink alcohol it will kill you, I used to drink all my life but now just drink a few glasses of red per day and I am still alive at 76. So, it all comes down to moderation.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, still kicking said:

I don't won't to argue, I eat red meat as well in small portion (well everything in small portion) I don't eat a lot of vegs because everything you buy at the supermarket comes wrapped up in plastic, being single, it is not the way to go for me I am not a big eater. People say don't drink alcohol it will kill you, I used to drink all my life but now just drink a few glasses of red per day and I am still alive at 76. So, it all comes down to moderation.

I agree moderation. Variety makes food fun too. Even if beef 6x a week was good for you I wouldnt do it. I try to eat beef 3 or 4 times a week and enjoy it. 

3 minutes ago, bignok said:

I agree moderation. Variety makes food fun too. Even if beef 6x a week was good for you I wouldnt do it. I try to eat beef 3 or 4 times a week and enjoy it. 

As I said I don't buy a lot of fresh food anymore since being divorced and single now I buy a lot of canned food which is as good as fresh food.

4 hours ago, still kicking said:

Agree all footballers weigh 95-100 KG and they are not fat they train every day and are as fit as a fiddle 

Not really, there are exceptions, the thing is fat people try to discredit it to make them feel better about being fat

The problem with fat people is they all have bad mirrors....

Here is your typical farang......

A Fat Man Who Sees Himself Differently In The Mirror Royalty Free SVG,  Cliparts, Vectors, And Stock Illustration. Image 18309803.

And your very overweight Thai Lady....

Fat Woman Looking Mirror Seeing Herself Stock Vector (Royalty Free)  157691288 | Shutterstock

But the funny thing is skinny women all think they are too fat...

Slim Girl Has Low Self Confidence And Esteem Anorexia Disorder Skinny Woman  Looking At The Mirror Seeing Herself As Fat Body Care Stock Illustration -  Download Image Now - iStock

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1