This is what tourists to Hua Hin will look like in 2033

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

(...) tourists who are most likely to visit Hua Hin and Thailand (...)

(...) and aimed to identify how 1.947bn travelers (...)

Are they all going to visit Hua Hin? I bet, if TAT representatives were there, they must have jumped joyfully up and down their chairs...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

6 hours ago, Don Chance said:

Normal travelers want nature which Thailand systematically destroyed in every new tourist trap.

The list left out travelers who come to Thailand for inexpensive sex. I would be confident that's a fairly large cohort.

We have been many times in Hua Hin so we know what is attractive there and what is not. We know as well people who live there since a long time and have an ongoing business.

In my opinion it is the best for a Hotel-based quiet holiday. To stay at the Centara is relaxing, But good restaurants are limited, there are a few bars but not too many and it is not really for sightseeing as well. The beaches are not really it - either because of the stones or the plague of yellyfish. On one of the beaches near the center even Sea Wasps have been spotted, which may be deadly. So back to the Hotel Pool.

So for a quiet holiday or a quiet seclusion to relax from the hassles of the big cities or Pattaya it is very good. But what shoud attract anybody else ?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

We have been many times in Hua Hin so we know what is attractive there and what is not. We know as well people who live there since a long time and have an ongoing business.

In my opinion it is the best for a Hotel-based quiet holiday. To stay at the Centara is relaxing, But good restaurants are limited, there are a few bars but not too many and it is not really for sightseeing as well. The beaches are not really it - either because of the stones or the plague of yellyfish. On one of the beaches near the center even Sea Wasps have been spotted, which may be deadly. So back to the Hotel Pool.

So for a quiet holiday or a quiet seclusion to relax from the hassles of the big cities or Pattaya it is very good. But what shoud attract anybody else ?

For a hotel based holiday I would pick Chiang Mai. Hotel plus good restaurants.

Didnt see many under 30yo in HH.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bignok said:

For a hotel based holiday I would pick Chiang Mai. Hotel plus good restaurants.

Didnt see many under 30yo in HH.

Agree, Hua Hin is for old (Nordic) people, plenty around.

Chiang Mai is for young people, also plenty around.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, bignok said:

"study identified four Traveler Tribes:

Pioneering Pathfinders: Young, tech-savvy travelers who are always looking for new experiences.

Memory Makers: Older travelers who are more traditional in their travel behaviors.

Excited Experimentalists: Travelers who are excited about the future of travel but are also concerned about the impact of technology on travel.

Travel Tech-fluencers: Travelers who are influential in the travel space and are always looking for the latest and greatest travel technology."

What about normal people?

So, why is Hua Hin, of all places, supposed to attract all these tech aficionados? Oh yes, the impractical digital-nomad visas...

4 hours ago, Captor said:

But it will not be possible to actually see the horizon due to the air pollution....

That's okay. They'll be too busy looking at their phone to notice.

Edited by John Drake

30 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Do you mean travellers who are scouting for their future brides hopping from bars to bars?

No normal people. Hire a car, take a train. Eat different foods. Don't care what is trendy or tech savvy. Guess we are rare now.

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Phipat will turn Hua Hin into the playground for the low life.

As he has done in Phuket and Pattaya

Hopefully he will just get the potholes filled in at the top end of soi 88 ????

When I visited Hua Hin in the past, every weekend the crowds of under 30s from Bangkok

showed up and could be seen on walking street, and a few other places. During the week

the old crowds could be seen around the city, and that was fine with me. Soi 88 used to get

very busy on Friday and Saturday evenings, with the live band and lots of young and old

enjoying dinner and the entertainment. Just remembering life before COVID.

Harvey

• Thumbs Up 1