US passport renewal and transfer of stamps

When I renew my passport, what is actually transferred over to the new passport by Thai Immigration? I assume the original "Non-Immigrant 'O'" marriage Visa won't be moved, so do I need to bring my old passport and new passport when doing extensions and 90 reports to show the old Visa every year for extensions/90's? Because I believe they want to see that original Visa when doing extensions and 90-days, etc. Thanks for any help guys.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Visas are not transfered however information about them is transferred to first ages of  new pp.

Reentry permit etc will be transferred.

You will require various photocopies from old pp.

That depends on which immigration office.

Previously USA embassy provided a letter to authorize transfer.

They no longer do that.

There is a form to fill in.

There is/should be no charge. 

Hi DrJack, 

Thank you for the info, will I also need to bring the old PP when visiting them, or will the photocopy of the original Visa be enough?

Thanks again.

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Have the old one with you.

BTW dont forget to at some stage update your Thai bank account details. 

Things such as TDL not urgent.

Note there is no urgency to transfer stamps.

Can wait till you have a need to attend immigration. 

Thank you, I'll keep the other information in mind, but I think the Bank accounts, Car license, and Motorcycle license are showing my Pink ID number. Not sure if my passport number is on any of those items, hopefully not an issue, but I will check.

What is transferred to your new passport is:

(1) A stamp which basically details your old passport number, issue date of that old passport, etc.;

(2) A stamp which shows when, how, and where you last entered Thailand; 

(3) A stamp showing your visa class (in my case simply says Non-O, date it originated, and permission-to-stay date);

(4) And they'll put (transfer) a new stamp for your permission to stay (in my case, Non-); and

(5) If you have a still-operative Re-Entry Permit, they'll typically transfer that.

In Chiangmai, besides the Form to transfer stamps, they wanted:

(1) A copy of the photo page and every filled-out page of the old passport;

(2) A copy of the photo page of the new passport and any other stamps that might be in the new passport.  Don't remember if they wanted a copy of my TM30 Receipt of Notification or the TM47 Receipt of Notification (which I or they simply stapled into the rear part of the new passport). 

• Thumbs Up 1