Long Stay For A Ghanaian

I lived in Ghana for a number of years and ( not formaly) adopted a family,helped with their living and paid school fees etc....the mother,..there is no father, is very ill and will not live much longer.

One of the sons ..he is 21..visited here last year aned stayed 4 months...tourist visa + extensions...and then returned to Ghana to attend to his mother.

I am now considering having him here to live with me...I am getting older by the day and would welcome his daily help....I have a retirment visa.

Although I have ploughed through the back pages of these visa queries I am not at all sure just how to go about the visa problem.

If I understand them ??? he can get a tourist visa which will allow him the 3 months then have visa runs?? and again I dont completely understand the mechanics of these...or he goes to KL where we have friends and gets another tourist visa ...and repeats...and repeats....

So perhaps the "visa brains" on this forum can come in with their suggestions.

There is no consular office in Ghana for him to get any visa there,so it would be either at KL or Hong Kong Thai consulates.He can fly to HK without the need of a visa but needs one for Malaysia.

If with “visa runs” you mean border runs for visa-exempt entry I’m afraid that nationals of Ghana do not qualify for visa-exemption. That leaves tourist visas, as long as Thai consulates are willing to give him a new tourist visa every 90 days. Some consulates in the region have become very restrictive, others continue to issue repeat visas without any problem.

--

Maestro

Nor are nationals of Ghana on list A country list (which obtain 60 days on a tourist visa entry). He will only receive 30 days on a tourist visa entry. I have no idea if visa issue in Hong Kong would be a problem but suspect it may be problematic for repeated use with a Ghana passport.

Nor are nationals of Ghana on list A country list (which obtain 60 days on a tourist visa entry). He will only receive 30 days on a tourist visa entry. I have no idea if visa issue in Hong Kong would be a problem but suspect it may be problematic for repeated use with a Ghana passport.

I agree Lop.