Pulse TV - twice changed subs payment details

ChrisKC

I have been a Subscriber to Pulse TV for more than a year and in that time, I have to change twice to a New Payee and a different bank.

Apart from issues I have had on my PC with streaming content with Firefox and Chrome, I asked them about the change to their bank details first time but this point was ignored.

This month, it happens again. Completely new individual person with no apparent connection to Pulse TV, the business.

I guess this is common to all existing Subscribers and I wonder if other Members here can shed light on the Company's legal status that brings up nothing from variously worded questions on the Internet.

I think there should be at least some information to its customers regarding something as important as who we are actually paying and why the changes!

Also, I find it odd, that I have to send customer services a copy of proof of payment, (and if I don't the system automatically just cuts me off when I have actually paid), rather than (him) them, that confirms payment received as every other payment I make on my phone indicates. Any transaction on my phone, in or out sends me notification of it - same as other recipients.

Thank you for any observations.

• Like 1

I share your concern, surely when you pay they would see the payment,  have to say i am not comfortable with their email, i have used them for the last 2years with no issues, i did wonder if the email was actually a scam, but it did have the correct date of when my subscription runs out.

• Like 1

I've been with PulseTV for 5+ years and renew each year by transferring money into their account as below:

Hi ***
Your current Viewing Subscription is valid till 13 January.

To renew, please make Payment of 10,000THB by Thai Bank Account (No Overseas Transfers accepted) to the following details and send a copy of the Payment here once completed - Your Account can then be updated with further Subscription

SIAM COMMERCIAL BANK

ACCOUNT NUMBER: **************

ACCOUNT NAME: MARK THAIN

As an alternative Transaction method, we are offering a 10% Discount on Crypto Currency Payments – Please confirm if you would prefer this method - Details & Instructions can then be sent to you.

Thanks in advance

Best regards

James Hunter

Pulse TV Sales
Edited by brewsterbudgen

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I've been with PulseTV for 5+ years and renew each year by transferring money into their account as below:

Hi ***
Your current Viewing Subscription is valid till 13 January.

To renew, please make Payment of 10,000THB by Thai Bank Account (No Overseas Transfers accepted) to the following details and send a copy of the Payment here once completed - Your Account can then be updated with further Subscription

SIAM COMMERCIAL BANK

ACCOUNT NUMBER: **************

ACCOUNT NAME: MARK THAIN

As an alternative Transaction method, we are offering a 10% Discount on Crypto Currency Payments – Please confirm if you would prefer this method - Details & Instructions can then be sent to you.

Thanks in advance

Best regards

James Hunter

Pulse TV Sales

But I received this two weeks ago:

New expiry date:  4 June.

Please note with importance that we will be changing the receiving Bank Account before your next Payment is due - New receiving Bank details are below, please do not make any further Payments to the Account you previously transferred to as Subscription cannot be added for this from now on.

For all future Payments, please Pay to the following details and send a copy of your Payment here once completed - Your Account can then be updated with further Subscription.

KASIKORN BANK

ACCOUNT NO: 1533978122

ACCOUNT NAME: THOMAS EDWARD

Thanks in advance

Best regards

James

40 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

But I received this two weeks ago:

New expiry date:  4 June.

Please note with importance that we will be changing the receiving Bank Account before your next Payment is due - New receiving Bank details are below, please do not make any further Payments to the Account you previously transferred to as Subscription cannot be added for this from now on.

For all future Payments, please Pay to the following details and send a copy of your Payment here once completed - Your Account can then be updated with further Subscription.

KASIKORN BANK

ACCOUNT NO: 1533978122

ACCOUNT NAME: THOMAS EDWARD

Thanks in advance

Best regards

James

There do seem to have been some changes.  My renewal was in January, so maybe the account has changed. The online/chat support is also being "upgraded" which seems to mean out of use!  

7 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

This month, it happens again. Completely new individual person with no apparent connection to Pulse TV, the business.

I guess this is common to all existing Subscribers and I wonder if other Members here can shed light on the Company's legal status that brings up nothing from variously worded questions on the Internet.

Never heard of it before but a quick glance on the website makes my think it might not be a legal streaming service. They could pirate the streams and resell it. That's why you wont find company info anywhere and for payments they use unsuspecting fools to use their private bank accounts. That only works for a while and then they have to switch to another one.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Never heard of it before but a quick glance on the website makes my think it might not be a legal streaming service. They could pirate the streams and resell it. That's why you wont find company info anywhere and for payments they use unsuspecting fools to use their private bank accounts. That only works for a while and then they have to switch to another one.

PulseTV has been around for around 8 years in Thailand.  It's reliable, fast and, up to now anyway, has great customer service.  Like all IPTV providers it's "legality" is a grey area!

According to my knowledge the only legal IPTV providers in Thailand are the local ones like True ID TV, AIS Play....

The international ones offering live TV from other countries are not legally registered and have no license to operate here.

This is why payments have to be done to private accounts or paypal. Despite that some of them work very well and are reliable,

others are not. And yes, PulseTV is known to work well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Like all IPTV providers it's "legality" is a grey area!

I doubt that. Pretty sure it's illegal, just that enforcement is minimal. Case in point: I was sitting in an immigration waiting area once where a TV was clearly showing a pirated stream of the latest Marvel movie ????

44 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

I doubt that. Pretty sure it's illegal, just that enforcement is minimal. Case in point: I was sitting in an immigration waiting area once where a TV was clearly showing a pirated stream of the latest Marvel movie ????

"Grey" in regard to Thai law, as their servers are not in Thailand so technically not breaking Thai law (so I'm told!).  But obviously not so grey in regard to the copyright content!

39 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

"Grey" in regard to Thai law, as their servers are not in Thailand so technically not breaking Thai law (so I'm told!).  But obviously not so grey in regard to the copyright content!

Yea those are old tricks they are trying to play to argument that they are not breaking the law. It's like saying someone sending canabis from Thailand to Singapore is not breaking the law because selling canabis in Thailand is legal.

They are sending streams to Thailand, they are collecting payments in Thailand, they are advertising to Thai residents, selling hardware here etc.

Crackdowns do happen sometimes: https://torrentfreak.com/thailand-arrests-brits-over-pirated-football-streams-170517/

1 hour ago, eisfeld said:

Yea those are old tricks they are trying to play to argument that they are not breaking the law. It's like saying someone sending canabis from Thailand to Singapore is not breaking the law because selling canabis in Thailand is legal.

They are sending streams to Thailand, they are collecting payments in Thailand, they are advertising to Thai residents, selling hardware here etc.

Crackdowns do happen sometimes: https://torrentfreak.com/thailand-arrests-brits-over-pirated-football-streams-170517/

I remember that well. 365sport had a lot of customers, but their problem was having servers in Thailand.  I queried this with Pulse at the time, as I pay annually up front, but they reassured me they would be OK.  6 years later, so far so good!

1 hour ago, sungod said:

At your own peril, there is a reason these sites are free.

Whats happening to your pc when you click the enlarge screen/unmute control multiple times and other sites appear? Hijacking, downloading dangerous software all all possibilities.

I tried it and there were quite a few pop ups etc.

Watchafl costs me about 4000 Baht per year.

Works every time and no pops up.

I know you can find most things available to stream but I can't really be bothered.

For me, its money well spent.

26 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I tried it and there were quite a few pop ups etc.

Watchafl costs me about 4000 Baht per year.

Works every time and no pops up.

I know you can find most things available to stream but I can't really be bothered.

For me, its money well spent.

Never see a pop-up, surly you are using a pop-up/add blocker?

2 hours ago, sungod said:

At your own peril, there is a reason these sites are free.

Whats happening to your pc when you click the enlarge screen/unmute control multiple times and other sites appear? Hijacking, downloading dangerous software all all possibilities.

Don't dis-believe you, can you show evidence of this? Used this site for years on my PC with no problems,  my deep scans using malwarebytes are clean

12 hours ago, Seppius said:

Don't dis-believe you, can you show evidence of this? Used this site for years on my PC with no problems,  my deep scans using malwarebytes are clean

Guess you have been lucky and the site you use ok.  Happened to me about 5 years ago, computer slowed down considerably, tried for hours to find the solution, in the end I just did a clean reinstall (which is not a bad thing ) .

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/16/2023 at 8:46 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

@ChrisKC Did this get resolved?  I'll be renewing my PulseTV sub later this year, so it would be good to know that the "new" payment processes are working.  Cheers.

No real resolution. I am sceptical of its legitimacy, so I have stopped completely. They haven't contacted me about this so I am happy with my decision. 

Sorry to keep you waiting for a reply

On 6/16/2023 at 8:46 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

@ChrisKC Did this get resolved?  I'll be renewing my PulseTV sub later this year, so it would be good to know that the "new" payment processes are working.  Cheers.

I renewed my subscription a few weeks ago, no issues working fine