Visas cost?

After 6 years of having a retirement visa, I now find that I can not get 1, can someone enlighten me on cost of getting a married visa at either Cambodia or Laos please or better still how to get a retirement without money in the bank Thanks

• Confused 2

A multiple entry Non O visa when married to a Thai costs 5,000 baht in Savannakhet. This visa provides 90-day permission to stay each time you enter Thailand for 12 months after the visa is issued. That means you must do a border bounce every 90 days (or apply for an extension at Immigration). Commonly, the extension applied for is the 60-day extension to visit your Thai spouse.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

OP, a non O marriage and subsequent extensions have modest financial requirements.

Basically 400k in bank for only two months for extension.

Then the money can be used. 

What is current status in Thailand.

Meaning have an extension from a non O? 

You can change from extension based on retirement to based on marriage. 

Don't have those funds use an agent as suggested by @scubascuba3 12,500b (Pattaya agent price) 

• Thumbs Up 1

Adding in don't mean to hijack thread sorry. 

Marriage visa,  is it the same as retirement particular in JOMTIEN

to renewal 30 days Prior in this case March 10th 2024, if it expires on 10th is there a grace period if one can't make it on 10th.

Plan to be out of country. 

Is Grace period anything like 90 days one get 7 days after. Thanks

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Extension means not first time! 

He meant the first time getting an extension with THAT agent, not a first time extension.

Also, it could easily be a first ever extension, your comment makes very little sense.

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Chook said:

After 6 years of having a retirement visa, I now find that I can not get 1, can someone

31 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

He meant the first time getting an extension with THAT agent, not a first time extension.

Also, it could easily be a first ever extension, your comment makes very little sense.

Try reading opening sentence, does that make sense now! 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Adding in don't mean to hijack thread sorry. 

Marriage visa,  is it the same as retirement particular in JOMTIEN

to renewal 30 days Prior in this case March 10th 2024, if it expires on 10th is there a grace period if one can't make it on 10th.

Plan to be out of country. 

Is Grace period anything like 90 days one get 7 days after. Thanks

If you are out of the country when your permission to stay expires, even if you return a day later, your extended permission to stay is dead.

You need to work around this. Sometimes it is better to apply for a new Non O visa while outside Thailand rather than trying to fit your travel plans around when you need to apply for an extension and being around at the end of the under consideration period.

Normal practice is to apply for the extension about 30 days before your current permission to stay ends (so there is plenty of time to react if there are unexpected new requirements) and plan to remain in Thailand until about 10 days after the end of the under consideration period (in case the approval is delayed at Division headquarters).

9 hours ago, cjinchiangrai said:

I have been wondering when they would start shutting down this scam.

That will never happen, the top brass in Immigration have too many financial advantages, and it is not a scam, it is only the members of the "afraid of your own shadow" brigade who say it is.

On 5/18/2023 at 11:46 AM, BritTim said:

A multiple entry Non O visa when married to a Thai costs 5,000 baht in Savannakhet. This visa provides 90-day permission to stay each time you enter Thailand for 12 months after the visa is issued. That means you must do a border bounce every 90 days (or apply for an extension at Immigration). Commonly, the extension applied for is the 60-day extension to visit your Thai spouse.

I may be missing something in your post.... I thought someone can apply for a 12 month extension of stay and do so every 12 months without having to leave the country or border bounce after originally holding the Non-Imm O visa based on Marriage to a Thai. 

(at least thats the way I did it a few years ago).

24 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I may be missing something in your post.... I thought someone can apply for a 12 month extension of stay and do so every 12 months without having to leave the country or border bounce after originally holding the Non-Imm O visa based on Marriage to a Thai. 

A non O marriage is a visa.

It provided a 90 day permission of stay and you then subsequent ongoing extensions.

A ME Non O marriage is a visa valid for 12 months. 

Two different animals. 

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

If you are out of the country when your permission to stay expires, even if you return a day later, your extended permission to stay is dead.

You need to work around this. Sometimes it is better to apply for a new Non O visa while outside Thailand rather than trying to fit your travel plans around when you need to apply for an extension and being around at the end of the under consideration period.

Normal practice is to apply for the extension about 30 days before your current permission to stay ends (so there is plenty of time to react if there are unexpected new requirements) and plan to remain in Thailand until about 10 days after the end of the under consideration period (in case the approval is delayed at Division headquarters).

Not the case here at all. My brother is on a marriage visa expires I believe it expires March

10th,  he will be back on 8th but is concern he has to obtain Bank statements 12 month which takes a few days or weeks which most likely exceed the 10th. 

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

What you mention is another option. I was simply replying to a specific query about using a multiple entry visa instead.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Not the case here at all. My brother is on a marriage visa expires I believe it expires March

10th,  he will be back on 8th but is concern he has to obtain Bank statements 12 month which takes a few days or weeks which most likely exceed the 10th. 

He should get the bank statements for the early part of the 12 months before leaving Thailand. The bank can give him statements for up to the last six months while he waits.

If he is within Thailand and applies for the extension late, it will depend on his local immigration office how they will react. If he is lucky, and he is only a couple of days late, they will allow him to pay an overstay fine of 500 baht per day and process his extension otherwise in the normal way. It is also possible they will tell him his extension is dead and he must leave Thailand immediately by air. Very unlikely, but possible if the officials are seriously displeased, they can have him arrested for the overstay.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

See an Agent. Manareet in Soi post office in Pattaya is good, and do not listen to anyone who says it is illegal, it is not.

My Mate got his non-imm O visa + 12 month extension from Manareet for 26k.  Glad the certified letter they arranged from Bangkok Bank saying he had funds for 3 months when he actually didn't is not considered illegal fraud, I was worried for him ???? 

Edited by Pattaya57