British man found dead on roadside in Bangkok, Thailand

webfact

image.jpeg

Photos via MGR Online / T News

by leah

An 80 year old British man with Alzheimer’s disease was found dead on the side of Ratchaphruek Road in Bangkok, Thailand, yesterday.

At 4pm, Pol. Lt. Col. Chumphon Phurahong from Bang Khun Thian Police Station was informed that a foreign man’s body was discovered lying on the roadside near a small park by an island on Ratchaphruek Road in Pak Khlong Pasi Charoen subdistrict, Phasi Charoen district.

Police, forensic doctors from Siriraj Hospital, and rescue workers from the Por Teck Thung Foundation travelled to the scene.

Police found the body of 80 year old John Boisclair, identifying him by the passport found in his pocket, reports MGR Online. Bosclair was wearing a white T-shirt and brown shorts.

Scratches on Boisclair’s arms suggested he had fallen. Doctors estimated that he died eight to 10 hours prior to being found.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/bangkok/british-man-found-dead-on-roadside-in-bangkok-thailand

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 10

Sad to think he may have got lost while out and about and got dehydrated.

Thus becoming faint and falling over.

Sad to think he couldn't ask for some assistance or was not found before passing.

• Like 2

Mad question , but if you have alzheimers haw do you know you want to be in Thailand ? And how could you apply - knowingly - for a visa ? I know someone with this illness and whilst quite mild, his wife never leaves his side, so I would have to question some negligence on this

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Mad question , but if you have alzheimers haw do you know you want to be in Thailand ? And how could you apply - knowingly - for a visa ? I know someone with this illness and whilst quite mild, his wife never leaves his side, so I would have to question some negligence on this

My auntie had AZ back in the UK.

She was always slipping away from the secure housing they put her in.

It appears to me some AZ victims are really good at evading capture or confinement.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, bignok said:

News is always deaths, car accidents etc.

Be nice if it was happy news instead.

Not quite true! , for every sad news story , there is always a feel good story of someone (usually a taxi driver) handing in a wad of cash found in the back seat of their cab to some farang tourist who has left it there by mistake , should be one incoming now! ????????

• Haha 1