Thai anti-establishment activists plan rally on Tuesday to pressure Senate

webfact

24 minutes ago, h90 said:

How is the party from an oligarch in an coalition with another oligarchs party not establishment as well?

It is just different groups of elites who struggle for influence.

Yeap.

But there different. :cheesy: 

Edited by quake
  • Haha 1

Just now, h90 said:

:cheesy: this time it will be different :cheesy:

Nah. dream on.

Blame game culture and  squabbling to come.

Before they hear that rumbling in the distance, and what will come round the corner. surprise surprise.  :cheesy:

Same same, but same. 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

anti-establishment group, is urging members of the public to rally in front of the Thai parliament this Tuesday at 5pm, to put pressure on the Senate not to vote against Move Forward party’s Pita Limjaroenrat

This could be as black flag as it gets. It could instead give the BS250 the excuse to say..."See this is what is expected of anti establishment"

1 hour ago, quake said:

Nah. dream on.

Blame game culture and  squabbling to come.

Before they hear that rumbling in the distance, and what will come round the corner. surprise surprise.  :cheesy:

Same same, but same. 

There are 60+ year old people who still believe that this time if only this party wins everything will change to the better :cheesy:
But maybe, maybe this time it is real a good guy :cheesy:

15 minutes ago, h90 said:

There are 60+ year old people who still believe that this time if only this party wins everything will change to the better :cheesy:

Change needs to come from within the Thai people.

Not just changing a government.

Do you think Thai people truly want to change themselves.

I don't think they do. I think they just want there turn at the trough.

I hope I'm wrong, but history says I'm right.

Good luck to the New kids on the block. 

Edited by quake

17 minutes ago, h90 said:

History says either another turn at the trough or a change to the much worse (when there are big changes it most of the time get much worse first).

I hope Thai people don't want to change themself, with all the problems the average life quality is pretty good here....Even being poor the over all life quality is better than being poor in US/UK/DE...etc

Yeap your right :cheesy:

Edited by quake

Timing couldn't be worse. MF hasn't been rejected as a government. Senators are concerned an MF government will lead to street protests. Now they will be proven correct.

Waiting to allow the MF party to get support from the Senate before these rash provocations. Demonstrations are hardly likely to convince that MF can lead. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Dr B said:

Can you please advise how much time you have spent being poor in Thailand, or in US/UK/DE etc, to allow you to reach such a firm conclusion?

It happens that I know some people and I studied without much money. But feel free to google the situation in US...with "tent" cities and trailer parks.

In Thailand you neither starve nor the winter hits you.

33 minutes ago, Purdey said:

Timing couldn't be worse. MF hasn't been rejected as a government. Senators are concerned an MF government will lead to street protests. Now they will be proven correct.

Waiting to allow the MF party to get support from the Senate before these rash provocations. Demonstrations are hardly likely to convince that MF can lead. 

I think and I could be wrong that at the end there will be PTP lead government and everyone but MF is happy.

14 minutes ago, h90 said:

I think and I could be wrong that at the end there will be PTP lead government and everyone but MF is happy.

Yes that now looks very possible. 

2 hours ago, h90 said:

D-e-s-p-e-r-a-t-i-o-n.

You have lost.

The quicker you get through the denial phase, the better off you will be.

Time to enjoy life in a democracy.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Purdey said:

Nonsense.

The people finally have their foot on the throat of the elites - time to ram the victory home.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

D-e-s-p-e-r-a-t-i-o-n.

You have lost.

The quicker you get through the denial phase, the better off you will be.

Time to enjoy life in a democracy.

What did I loose? I am no party member, no party fanboy and I am not Prayuth posting under a Farang name.....
I don't even loose much if red or yellow shirts (or new now orange) run amok again.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, h90 said:

I am not quite sure how you arrived at "everyone". 36% of votes cast on 14 May were for MF.

19 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Nonsense.

The people finally have their foot on the throat of the elites - time to ram the victory home.

Yes, the people have enough tanks and airplanes of course to rise against the military. Not.

The military has never backed down from a fight against unarmed young people. Thammasart 1976 for instance. 

Thai troops crushed a demonstration against the country's new military-backed prime minister in 1992 after opening fire on crowds protesting the arrest of a key opposition leader.

At least 24 people died in Bangkok as government troops shot civilians in 2010.

Yes, nonsense indeed.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Purdey said:

Yes, the people have enough tanks and airplanes of course to rise against the military. Not.

The military has never backed down from a fight against unarmed young people. Thammasart 1976 for instance. 

Thai troops crushed a demonstration against the country's new military-backed prime minister in 1992 after opening fire on crowds protesting the arrest of a key opposition leader.

Yes, nonsense indeed.

Watch…., and learn.

19 minutes ago, Purdey said:

Yes, nonsense indeed.

2010: Was that the red shirt protests....
Where the military lost several people due to gunfire from your civilians...had to fall back and get weapons.
The last 2 coups were without blood....but yes 30 or 50 years earlier it was a different world......But 1976 even Prayuth was young boy