Ducted Air-conditioning out door unit

whereyougo

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

What you actually need is an aircon repair man to check out exactly what's gone awry.

They did and the compressor is shot . Its a 15 year old compressor so not worth the 11k repair cost due to aging plumbing etc and I prefer to get a new invertor unit but I cant find anywhere on line that sells them . 

9 minutes ago, whereyougo said:

yes I guess I could buy the combo and just use the compressor bit?

s1.PNG

Compressor (outside unit) and inside unit work together

recently geckos fried the control board of our outdoor unit and thus it wouldn’t turn on anymore, the indoor unit kept blowing air but it was not cold because the compressor wouldn’t turn on, so they are a team.

we had the same kind of setup in our old condo, but we replaced it with a wall mounted inverter unit. 

Edited by MJCM

Just now, MJCM said:

Compressor (outside unit) and inside unit work together with the outdoor unit.

recently geckos fried the control board of our outdoor unit and thus it wouldn’t turn on anymore, the indoor unit kept blowing air but it was not cold because the compressor wouldn’t turn on, so they are a team.

we had the same kind of setup in our old condo, but we replaced it with a wall mounted inverter unit. 

Thanks thats what I will do I think

46 minutes ago, whereyougo said:

Im trying to purchase the outdoor unit only but my go to is home pro being a farang friendly website but they only sell wall unit combo. Anyone know of a website that sells outdoor unit only?

Any friendly specialty AC shop can order the unit for you.

The places like HomePro have the two units already ordered together and the don’t want he problems involved in custom ordering an outside unit only.

The problem is that you need to know the referent used in your system (likely R22 that is phased out) and a compatible outdoor unit. Matching the new to the old is an easy job for a real AC technician, but if it is actually cost effective is a very different matter.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Any friendly specialty AC shop can order the unit for you.

The places like HomePro have the two units already ordered together and the don’t want he problems involved in custom ordering an outside unit only.

The problem is that you need to know the referent used in your system (likely R22 that is phased out) and a compatible outdoor unit. Matching the new to the old is an easy job for a real AC technician, but if it is actually cost effective is a very different matter.

Thanks good advice 

Newer replacement units should be bought as a set if R134A is no longer allowed (new R22 is banned in most of the world). The refrigerant pressure is roughly double the previous and requires more robust design. The current ones are R410a and soon R434b.  R434b is listed as flammable and requires a little more care.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1