Target removes some LGBTQ products after threats

Social Media

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And then, I guess, there is a huge group of people who just think life should go on without mentioning LGBT all the time.”

Surely this group of people must be getting sick of rightwing authoritarians banging on about LGBT all the time.

Apparently not. Perhaps because in reality it is the left wing that is always banging on about 2SLGBTQQIA+ issues. Most conservatives I know are content to let people be who they want to be. Just don't want "alternate" lifestyles thrown in their faces all the time.  

• Thanks 1

I find this whole thing very odd. There is a Target Sub on Reddit where Target employees talk about the working conditions and surprisingly many Target employees are invested in the "Pride menchandise".

Apparently much of the stuff was moved from the entrance to the rear of the stores, and the products have taken a hammering with the ir reviews online.

More to the point, why the FOK would target get involved in gender politics at all? Seriously, people go to Target for cheap crap, not gender affirmation.  

This whole thing is terrifying in the scope of its idiocy. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Apparently not. Perhaps because in reality it is the left wing that is always banging on about 2SLGBTQQIA+ issues. Most conservatives I know are content to let people be who they want to be. Just don't want "alternate" lifestyles thrown in their faces all the time.  

The constant stream of anti LGBT angsts coming out of the rightwing culture war mongers suggests otherwise.

I don’t recall ever having somebody’s ’alternate life style’ thrown in my face.

I suspect is a case of offended right wingers looking for something to be offended over.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, placeholder said:

Consumers exercising choice? Maybe you read another article? Here's some choice bits from this one:

US retailer Target is removing some items from its LGBTQ Pride Collection range after threats and confrontations in certain stores.

The company said on Tuesday the move would protect employees after what it described as "volatile circumstances" in some of its 2,000 shops...

"Since introducing this year's collection, we've experienced threats impacting our team members' sense of safety and well-being while at work," Target said in a statement.

Or maybe you think making menacing threats is a legitimate choice?

No i think you are being hyperbolic. i dont bekeive for a second target employess are in danger. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, n00dle said:

I find this whole thing very odd. There is a Target Sub on Reddit where Target employees talk about the working conditions and surprisingly many Target employees are invested in the "Pride menchandise".

Apparently much of the stuff was moved from the entrance to the rear of the stores, and the products have taken a hammering with the ir reviews online.

More to the point, why the FOK would target get involved in gender politics at all? Seriously, people go to Target for cheap crap, not gender affirmation.  

Target sell stuff that people want to buy.

I suspect, I might be wrong, there are people who want to buy this stuff.

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Target sell stuff that people want to buy.

I suspect, I might be wrong, there are people who want to buy this stuff.

i supect it is purely corporate virtue signalling. What portion of the target demographic do yo reckon is actually LGBTQ or even gves it any thought unless confronted?

26 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And then, I guess, there is a huge group of people who just think life should go on without mentioning LGBT all the time.”

Surely this group of people must be getting sick of rightwing authoritarians banging on about LGBT all the time.

Yes these fascists have a national movement to erase LGBT people and history especially in schools. They are obsessed with toilets and drag queens. Sadly they have passed scares of hate laws in states with fascist dominated governments. They have similar intolerant  attitudes to racial minorities and Jews. They spread ridiculous fake news about kitty litter being offered in schools for kids that identify as cats.

Needless to say this fascist movement must be resisted but I don't think it's fair to expect Target to lead on this.

It must come from the citizens to kick out the fascists from power.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I guess violent rightwing attacks motivated by their LGBT hatred aren’t a thing then?!

I guess you are being disingenuous.

So let me say it again:

No i think you are being hyperbolic. i dont beleive for a second target employess are in danger.

Edited by n00dle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, n00dle said:

If fascists opposed Jewish holiday items at Target would you say Target should cave?

Target caters to the entire population including LGBT people.

Pride month is well established.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, n00dle said:

So let me say it again:

No i think you are being hyperbolic. i dont bekeive for a second target employess are in dangerNo i think you are being hyperbolic. i dont bekeive for a second target employess are in danger

You're wrong.. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, n00dle said:

i supect it is purely corporate virtue signalling. What portion of the target demographic do yo reckon is actually LGBTQ or even gves it any thought unless confronted?

I don’t care what portion of Target’s customer base is LGBTQ, target are entitled to sell goods not prohibited by law.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Yes these fascists have a national movement to erase LGBT people and history especially in schools. They are obsessed with toilets and drag queens. Sadly they have passed scares of hate laws in states with fascist dominated governments. They have similar intolerant  attitudes to racial minorities and Jews. They spread ridiculous fake news about kitty litter being offered in schools for kids that identify as cats.

Needless to say this fascist movement must be resisted but I don't think it's fair to expect Target to lead on this.

It must come from the citizens to kick out the fascists from power.

i think you should be ashamed to draw this parallel. 

As for folks identifying as cats, why draw the line after only one biological impossibility?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

If fascists opposed Jewish holiday items at Target would you say Target should cave?

Target caters to the entire population including LGBT people.

Pride month is well established.

You mean establishe compared to millenia of Judaism?

i think this has nothig to do with Jews and your attempts to take the conversation there are laughable.

Edited by n00dle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, n00dle said:

So let me say it again:

No i think you are being hyperbolic. i dont bekeive for a second target employess are in dangerNo i think you are being hyperbolic. i dont bekeive for a second target employess are in danger

I’m not being disingenuous, violent rightwing attacks motivated by rightwing hatred of LGBT are acting.

I suspect Target know this.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, n00dle said:

i think you should be ashamed to draw this parallel. 

As for folks identifying as cats, why draw the line after only one biological impossibility?

Not ashamed at all.

The anti LGBT fascists are typically white nationalists who also hate non whites and Jews.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I don’t care what portion of Target’s customer base is LGBTQ, target are entitled to sell goods not prohibited by law.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

I thought you said they sold the stuff to make money? not becuse they were entitled to.

So which is it?

i think this has nothig to do with Jews and your attempts to take the conversation there are laughable.

The fascists are focused particularly on transgender as they found they get a lot of mileage with that but scratch most of them and you'll find that's the tip of the iceberg of their perverted ideology of hatred.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Not ashamed at all.

The anti LGBT fascists are typically white nationalists who also hate non whites and Jews.

You of course have evidence to back up this claim.  Understanding of course that minority groups like Hispanics are strongly Catholic (and often socially conservative), as are many black Americans (not Catholic but definitely religious and socially conservative). 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Correct me if I’m wrong.

You are right. Target can sell what they want. And their customers can boycott if they want. And people can protest if they want.  Free country and all that. 

But they may be making a mistake in a business sense.  

• Like 1

It’s an example of rightwing attacks on a minority, it has precedent in rightwing attacks on Jews.

You are defending the threats to Target on the matter of LGBT merchandise, it’s perfectly logical to ask would you defend such threats to Target for selling merchandise for other groups towards which the rightwing have a history of hatred?

• Thumbs Up 1