House speaker position belongs to Move Forward : Piyabutr

piyabutr.jpg

The Move Forward Party must not lose the House speakership to other coalition parties if it wants to avoid problems in tabling any amendment to the lèse majesté law in the Parliament.

Piyabutr Saengkanokkul wrote on his Facebook page that politics is the art to make the things people think are impossible possible.

Piyabutr and other former Future Forward Party executives were banned from the politics for ten years after the Constitution dissolved the party in 2020. He is, however, regarded by many as the brains behind Move Forward.

Top photo caption: File photo : Piyabutr Saengkanokkul/AFP

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/house-speaker-position-belongs-to-move-forward-piyabutr/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-05-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Move Forward Party must not lose the House speakership to other coalition parties if it wants to avoid problems in tabling any amendment to the lèse majesté law in the Parliament.

I'm sure things were sorted out in the MoU

15 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

He isn't wrong in his view.  The leading party in the coalition should have the PM come from inside the ranks and then the house speaker should also be from that group as well. That is generally how democracy works.

But.......Thai democracy doesn't resemble any reasonable version of democracy.

Never has.

They should grab what they can (if they can at all despite winning the election). Then we will see what positive change it will bring with it. But the more I hear and read about it I would not hold my breath. And for the procedures: As someone said in a previous post somewhere: "Not from the democratics handbook". Much more questionable than what I read about the US. And this is "questionable" enough. What a sad world this is today. Or was it always like this and I did not notice ?

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

That makes sense, but PTP should get first ministry choice, then alternate, and consider throwing BJT a ministry. They did come in third.

How about giving the BJT the Ministry of Funny Walks, its promotion of marijuana would be an advatage!!

(for those who do not know - a UK TV Comedy show)

Art-Sci: And Now for Something Completely Different: The Ministry of Silly  Walks