31% of Thais eye battery electric vehicles as next car choice

snoop1130

And...just like in Aus, where or what are they going to use to charge the ruddy things?

Julian Islet showed last month how he visited over 70 recharge stations and ALL but one were not working........????

Cost is prohibitive for many Aussies , how the hell are Thai going to handle that?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Idiots. EV are a dead end. Inefficient due to carrying Hughe battery load around all the time. A dead end because the batteries (like internet speeds) are 'up to'...range is up to 200 km on a charge....batteries last up to 7 years (or maybe only 3 years) then you need a half million baht

They are popular perhaps as people are hearing of the high acceleration and torque they can produce, so they can race off at traffic lights much better than the pickup truck they were considering! The fact it will be stuck immobile with a dead battery 5 km off has yet to be considered.. a couple of chop sticks a bit of wire should take care of it as the driver goes drinking for 3 or 4 hours. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Forget it....buy an ICE, preferably a diesel. Forget this EV and environmental rubbish.

You can't go saying that, the world wants to give you jail time for that. :cheesy:

I'm right with you mate, way to many lies being told on both sides to care anymore.

bring back plastic bags at stores, and keep up the burning of sugar cane, as the government won't pay you the difference in cost :giggle:

Right second coffee time. :thumbsup:

Edited by quake
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Idiots. EV are a dead end. Inefficient due to carrying Hughe battery load around all the time. A dead end because the batteries (like internet speeds) are 'up to'...range is up to 200 km on a charge....batteries last up to 7 years (or maybe only 3 years) then you need a half million baht exchange. who will buy a 3 year old EV car when the battery might give up at any moment....the buyer will have to give a warranty...and the buyer would be a fool to accept a warranty from a private seller. A dead end because what is going to happen to all the toxic dead batteries.....yes I'm sure that in Thailand they will all be perfectly recycled....or a cheaper alternative, fly tipped on waste land with risk to water supplies. Another dead end...cost of electricity and the number of stations with charging facilities in the next few years.

Forget it....buy an ICE, preferably a diesel. Forget this EV and environmental rubbish.

People are indoctrinated for the opposite, but I agree with you 100%.

See also all the reactions against you.

Edited by Peterphuket
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Stargeezr said:

If you are in a flood zone, do not own an EV.  They are not very good on handling water on the battery and

connections. Fires can be the result.  When they catch fire, it is not very easy to put out as well.

I will not be going electric until everything is in order. Charging stations all over, and the batteries 

have to be cheaper. Oh do you know that EVs are very heavy and the maintenance is high because of torque 

issues and worn out parts. Do not let teens drive these EVs for sure. Just my two cents worth of advice.

unless it is complete waterproof I would not use it in Thailand anyway....alone the moisture and the heat

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alien365 said:

31% is lower than I expected. I already made the decision 6 months ago to buy a new diesel, so I won't be buying another car for at least 10 years. I'll reassess the situation then.

My main concern from all these electric vehicles is that electricity prices will go through the roof as the government increase tax, making up for the loss of tax collection from fuel. My electric bill at home is already way too expensive over the last couple of months in comparison to previous years. 

Electric has gone up about 20%, if that, since I've been here/23 yrs.

Petrol has more than doubled, from ฿14 to ฿35 ... hmm

Has only gone up, with the increase of fossil fuels.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1