Brit stabbed to death with sickle by Thai neighbour, inquest hears

webfact

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, MarkyM3 said:

You say that but she bought the land and built the house without telling you, according to the earlier post. Pretty selfish from her side imo and not what I'd expect from a relationship. 

Perhaps you can suggest an arrangement where you split time between Bangkok and the village. Otherwise you will flip at some point. 

You are correct re: the buying of the house...........and in my mind I have played with exactly that thought as my "I'm not to blame"..........

The idea of BKK would not be a runner for her.......but I am going to look at more trips and longer trips to the UK and possible house sits in SE Asia.

Cheers

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Road Warrior said:
On 5/25/2023 at 12:23 PM, Kwasaki said:

Usually the loud music comes from Thais.

Don't understand how they got into a situation that ended in his death.

i agree 100% 

A mentally deranged murderer who was recently released from a institution is how... 

The men could have been sat there having lunch in the middle of the day....  it could have been a couple of other guys sat in a different house nearby watching the world go by.... 

A seriously unhinged mentally deranged psychopath just happened to be in the area when in any healthy society he would have remained removed from public areas for the protection of society. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

A mentally deranged murderer who was recently released from a institution is how... 

The men could have been sat there having lunch in the middle of the day....  it could have been a couple of other guys sat in a different house nearby watching the world go by.... 

A seriously unhinged mentally deranged psychopath just happened to be in the area when in any healthy society he would have remained removed from public areas for the protection of society. 

There are mentally challenged people in our village, in Thailand they are released after being put on drugs and sent back to their family to take care.

People need to know this and it was reported loud music cause the confrontation.

The situation was handled badly and tragedy ensured.

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Because this is an ‘out and out cold blooded murder’ of a British Citizen and the British government can now pressure the Thai authorities to apply the most stringent sentencing of this murderer. 

The Thai authority know that again why the autopsy

4 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:
23 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Because this is an ‘out and out cold blooded murder’ of a British Citizen and the British government can now pressure the Thai authorities to apply the most stringent sentencing of this murderer. 

The Thai authority know that again why the autopsy

The obvious cause of death might seem to be almost having his head cut off......but imagine the embarrassment if it was later established he was already dead and had actually died from cyanide poisoning.....

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Will B Good said:

The obvious cause of death might seem to be almost having his head cut off......but imagine the embarrassment if it was later established he was already dead and had actually died from cyanide poisoning.....

Yeah I agree an autopsy should be performed I am just hving trouble understanding why the UK would fly the body all the way back to there and then perform a second Autopsy instead of looking at thw the Thai governemtn did. 

Is this normal for the UK that all suspicious deaths get a second autopsy seems like a wste of resources.  To me dead is dead 

If they have charged the guy with murder or such then that is it until the trial.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Yeah I agree an autopsy should be performed I am just hving trouble understanding why the UK would fly the body all the way back to there and then perform a second Autopsy instead of looking at thw the Thai governemtn did. 

Is this normal for the UK that all suspicious deaths get a second autopsy seems like a wste of resources.  To me dead is dead 

If they have charged the guy with murder or such then that is it until the trial.

He got 20 years plus about 1000 baht fine reduced by half as he pleaded guilty!!!

6 minutes ago, DPKANKAN said:

He got 20 years plus about 1000 baht fine reduced by half as he pleaded guilty!!!

That sounds about right for Thailand.  My question though still stands un answered why do they hve to do an inquest in the UK.

On 5/25/2023 at 1:38 PM, FeelsLikeFlying said:

Amazing tokill someone because of missing sound-insulation in your home for windows walls and doors but expecting everyone to cut down their lifestyle. If a Bluetooth speaker bothers- then something is wrong with your own place. Hope this Thai will rotten in Prision.

Yes beause every Thai in Nakorn Nowhere has full sound insulation throughout their homes (which are mostly shacks). Welcome to the platform newbie. 

The unwritten rule is to turn it down after midnight. Pity the Brit didn't kno this, or was just being an a-hole. 

Edited by DavisH

On 5/25/2023 at 2:36 PM, kingstonkid said:

Why did they have to do an inquest in the UK.  I am sure that a full report would have been done in Thailand. The crime was in Thailand.  Why is the British government involved.

I believe if the death was sudden, unexpected, accidental or violent (which covers almost every scenario anyway) the coroner in UK can decide if an inquest needs to be carried out after receiving the documentation from the coroner here. 

On 5/28/2023 at 8:10 AM, DUNROAMIN said:

Wow, Thais are allowed to have parties with 2 miter high wall of speakers vibrating your windows 2 sois away, but a farang not allowed to have bluetooth speaker. 

bit of a massive generalisation there lol  But that's ok, all farangs do that ^_^

On 5/27/2023 at 7:28 PM, DavisH said:

Yes beause every Thai in Nakorn Nowhere has full sound insulation throughout their homes (which are mostly shacks). Welcome to the platform newbie. 

The unwritten rule is to turn it down after midnight. Pity the Brit didn't kno this, or was just being an a-hole. 

Most local ordinances include "quiet times." A typical ordinance prohibits loud noises between 11 p.m. and 7 or 8 a.m. on weekdays and 11 p.m. or midnight until 8 to 10 a.m. on Sundays and holidays.

It is worthwhile to check your local ordinance before making formal complaint so that you can cite the law.