Do I need to print tourist visa?

I just got my tourist visa by email from the UK Embassy. I applied one month ago but we had huge difficulties. 

I fly in a few hours and don't have time to print. 

Is it okay to just show immigration my phone in Bangkok or do I need to a print copy? 

Thanks

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Nonmop said:

No not essential to have it printed.

Flew into Thailand last month without a TV from London, it had been applied for but it hadnt arrived before the flight. Told the airline (SIA) the visa would hopefully be there when I landed but if not I would enter 30 days visa exempt.

As I landed the approved visa was in the inbox and I only had to show the email on the ipad to the IO.   I believe the visa when agreed is on a central database and all the IO needed was a number from the email to bring up the details.

Certainly not my experience in February when I flew into Saigon from Bangkok.

Granted not same as your route and the OP.

Only posting as for eVisa travel have a print out of visa. 

Good to know the OP got through with no problems.

Interesting to know that even the UK visa site only ADVISES to print a copy. Its not a requirement, not mandatory, not a rule, not an instruction, its advice.

Also I have found  a printed paper copy of the visa is required when applying for a 30 day extension to the 60 day tourist visa. Thats when the immigration offices in Thailand work more with actual paper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nonmop said:

Good to know the OP got through with no problems.

Interesting to know that even the UK visa site only ADVISES to print a copy. Its not a requirement, not mandatory, not a rule, not an instruction, its advice.

Also I have found  a printed paper copy of the visa is required when applying for a 30 day extension to the 60 day tourist visa. Thats when the immigration offices in Thailand work more with actual paper.

Now that IS useful to know ????????????as one might assume that logically one could destroy any original printout having entered Thailand. 

(I'm assuming they need to scan the QR code when you do an extension.) 

Same as I've often been told to keep my boarding pass when entering the country although I've never actually been asked to show it.