The New Thai Government Re-Listing Cannabis as Narcotic is a Hypocritical Move, Says Cannabis Activist

webfact

40 minutes ago, AndyFoxy said:

Do you take cannabis?

Answer the qustion...do not deflect. Prove cannabis is dangerous and addictive? I guess if you cannot provide evidence we can assume foxy is telling porie pies. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, JackGats said:

Having availed myself of legal cannabis in Thailand over the past 8 months, I'm amazed at how little addictive it is. I stopped one week ago to allow for some washing-out of my system ahead of my flying back to Europe for the summer, and I feel no missing, craving or withdrawal whatsoever.

If I delay my morning coffee by as little as a few hours I get a stiff headache.

I drink one or two cups a day in the morning, no influence on me if I stop for a week. It is the amount that counts. 

Weed is more psychological for some, and they feel they do not function well without, or feel they function better when smoking, as well perform better be it climbing, yoga, being creative. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jonclark said:

Answer the qustion...do not deflect. Prove cannabis is dangerous and addictive? I guess if you cannot provide evidence we can assume foxy is telling porie pies. 

Do you take cannabis?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, AndyFoxy said:

No. Just trying to answer the guy's question. Although I have my suspicions as to why he won't answer mine.

He' still waiting for you to answer his question. It's only polite to answer the question that was posed first isn't it foxy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hummin said:

I drink one or two cups a day in the morning, no influence on me if I stop for a week. It is the amount that counts. 

Weed is more psychological for some, and they feel they do not function well without, or feel they function better when smoking, as well perform better be it climbing, yoga, being creative. 

For me its the quality that counts  every time ! 

I generally drink just one in the morning but  I do miss it when I occasionally run out but its not going to spoil my day

Regarding your take on the effects of weed, are you speaking from personal experience?    the use of "for some" implies you are not

In my personal experience, I have never felt unable to function without it , and I cannot say I ever felt any performance enhancing effects, or even the illusion of such,  I can't think of anything I can actually do any better after smoking

Certainly my perception seems heightened  resulting in a deeper enjoyment of music books or films for example in fact even mediocre offerings of the above  appear better, which for me at least, hints that any claims regarding benefits to creativity are questionable 

I can't say thai it makes food taste any better but It certainly increases my appetite                             Whilst I can certainly  vouch for its value in aiding relaxation and promoting a mellow feeling of general well being, I have never been that "relaxed" that I was unable to snap out of it easily when required, its not a tranquiliser as such

Neither does it particularly help me to  forget any problems as it does'nt black things out in the same way that alcohol can. although it does provoke a deeper thought process ,  and may consequently  help one arrive at a solution.

However its not the first thing I would reach for If I'd just found out the mrs had run off with my best mate for example 

As far as addiction goes, its nonsense I miss my morning coffee more, and I have quite an addictive personality   I've smoked cannabis for along time over 45 years although not always every day, I often, although  ( admittedly not exactly voluntarily)  go months with out smoking it at all with no withdrawal issues whatsoever

Other than that no signs of depression , lethargy, anxiety, paranoia, schizophrenia,violence, progression to "hard" drugs  or indeed    suicidal thoughts 

So bearing all that in mind I can't help but wonder what on earth all the fuss is about!                           In reality, for me  its not that much different to having a nice cup of tea 

What gives anybody the moral right or even a valid reason to attempt to make a criminal out of me and others like me?

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, AndyFoxy said:

I'm trying to but seems like we are going nowhere. 

Establishing whether he indulges or not is hardly going to help you prove one way or the other if cannabis is addictive and or dangerous.  Or may be it is

But as you two seem to have reached some sort of an impasse ( and I'm dying to read your answer) let me help move  things forward,

Lets assume he answered that he does not smoke cannabis  you can now continue with the rest of your answer to him based on the assumption that he does not smoke

I have already admitted that I smoke it so  If I ask you the same question Ie please prove to me that cannabis is dangerous and addictive,  you can provide your alternative answer to me , based on the very correct assumption that I do indeed smoke it

Are we getting anywhere now?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, jonclark said:

He' still waiting for you to answer his question. It's only polite to answer the question that was posed first isn't it foxy.

Just tell him you don't. I've already primed him up and I'm dying to hear his response

I've just told him I do, and he's hopefully going to tell me his other answer

7 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Establishing whether he indulges or not is hardly going to help you prove one way or the other if cannabis is addictive and or dangerous.  Or may be it is

But as you two seem to have reached some sort of an impasse ( and I'm dying to read your answer) let me help move  things forward,

Lets assume he answered that he does not smoke cannabis  you can now continue with the rest of your answer to him based on the assumption that he does not smoke

I have already admitted that I smoke it so  If I ask you the same question Ie please prove to me that cannabis is dangerous and addictive,  you can provide your alternative answer to me , based on the very correct assumption that I do indeed smoke it

Are we getting anywhere now?

And how long you been smoking?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, h90 said:

yes well documented.....try to stop cigarettes...relative hard or if you are addicted to alcohol stopping it can be even deadly (and I don't want to know how it feels if it is just a step easier than deadly)

I stopped smoking in 1970 and I was a heavy smoker. It wasn't that hard.

I quit alcohol overnight 3 years ago when I figured that I was drinking between 3 and 4 bottles of Hong Thong a week. If I was in the mood I could easily drink a bottle of Hong Thong a night

After abusing my body with alcohol for some 60 years, I figured that it was time to quit, so I did overnight.

Now if I am in the mood I will have one alcoholic drink a year on New Years Eve.

45 minutes ago, AndyFoxy said:

And how long you been smoking?

Right so your answer to your statement is for for me to tell you I smoke and have been doing so for years. Thus proving your point about it being addictive and dangerous?

Sadly such a hypothetical reply from me would not yield that reply.

So can you now provide the evidence to show cannabis is both dangerous and addictive? Or you gonna admit defeat?

Edited by jonclark
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

I generally drink just one in the morning but  I do miss it when I occasionally run out but its not going to spoil my day

Regarding your take on the effects of weed, are you speaking from personal experience?    the use of "for some" implies you are not

In my personal experience, I have never felt unable to function without it , and I cannot say I ever felt any performance enhancing effects, or even the illusion of such,  I can't think of anything I can actually do any better after smoking

Certainly my perception seems heightened  resulting in a deeper enjoyment of music books or films for example in fact even mediocre offerings of the above  appear better, which for me at least, hints that any claims regarding benefits to creativity are questionable 

I can't say thai it makes food taste any better but It certainly increases my appetite                             Whilst I can certainly  vouch for its value in aiding relaxation and promoting a mellow feeling of general well being, I have never been that "relaxed" that I was unable to snap out of it easily when required, its not a tranquiliser as such

Neither does it particularly help me to  forget any problems as it does'nt black things out in the same way that alcohol can. although it does provoke a deeper thought process ,  and may consequently  help one arrive at a solution.

However its not the first thing I would reach for If I'd just found out the mrs had run off with my best mate for example 

As far as addiction goes, its nonsense I miss my morning coffee more, and I have quite an addictive personality   I've smoked cannabis for along time over 45 years although not always every day, I often, although  ( admittedly not exactly voluntarily)  go months with out smoking it at all with no withdrawal issues whatsoever

Other than that no signs of depression , lethargy, anxiety, paranoia, schizophrenia,violence, progression to "hard" drugs  or indeed    suicidal thoughts 

So bearing all that in mind I can't help but wonder what on earth all the fuss is about!                           In reality, for me  its not that much different to having a nice cup of tea 

What gives anybody the moral right or even a valid reason to attempt to make a criminal out of me and others like me?

I have quoted your entire post out of respect for what you have said. You are right and the ignorant people are wrong. I've been smoking on and off for around 45 yrs. Having to purchase illegally is always a worry. Progression to harder drugs? Well I've had a few of them but my only addiction is nicotine. Alcohol I would say dependant but not addicted. There is a difference. I knew a brain surgeon (true story) who would have one shot of vodka in the morning and that was it but had to have that one shot. I don't need a puff to get through the day.

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, jonclark said:

Right so your answer to your statement is for for me to tell you I smoke and have been doing so for years. Thus proving your point about it being addictive and dangerous?

So can you now provide the evidence to show cannabis is both dangerous and addictive? Or you gonna admit defeat?

Don’t feed the Troll…

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I stopped smoking in 1970 and I was a heavy smoker. It wasn't that hard.

I quit alcohol overnight 3 years ago when I figured that I was drinking between 3 and 4 bottles of Hong Thong a week. If I was in the mood I could easily drink a bottle of Hong Thong a night

After abusing my body with alcohol for some 60 years, I figured that it was time to quit, so I did overnight.

Now if I am in the mood I will have one alcoholic drink a year on New Years Eve.

Well done for kicking the cigs     

To give up, what some would some call chronic and heavy alcohol use, overnight is to me pretty conclusive conclusive evidence that you were not actually "physically addicted to Alcohol"  you had by the sound of it developed a taste for Hong Thong and fallen into a habit  Not everybody becomes physically  addicted to alcohol ,

You didn't mention any withdrawal symptoms so I assume  that either there weren't any or they were so mild you didn't consider it relevant ? I'm guessing you must have felt something? even just a bit bored ot "at a loose end ! as they say ? Habits can be hard to break too especially as we get older. But the absence of unbearable symptoms and craving is a pretty good example of an absence of physical addiction

As indeed is your ability to chose to drink one at new year and leave it at that  basically alcohol is not physically addictive for you I guess you are a bit lucky  but quite a lot are not so fortunate

Most im guessing 99.99999% of cannabis users enjoy a similar  relationship  with their weed; some smoke more than others  some even to excess, whatever that means, some just now and again, and due to its inherently non addictive nature, a far greater percentage, close to 99.9999% suffer no problems of physical addiction  

There may be a few crawling out from under their rocks claiming to be physically addicted but this is only a very recent phenomenon     Im sure there will be research  and studies etc claiming otherwise but one has to understand that it's all by nature  "agenda driven" 

Not only that,  we have also  raised a generation or two  of "snowflakes and victims" these people  are offended at the drop of a hat, brought to a tearful rage when there sensitivities are triggered  and in the case of America aren't  considered normal if they don't have a therapist  by the time they are 14 years old ! do you honestly think they are capable of  displaying any old fashioned stoicism when faced with a bit of discomfort ? of course not  A quick whinge on social media and then off to rehab  just like their internet idols

10 hours ago, AndyFoxy said:

Addictive and dangerous.

It is a one of the great mysteries of modern medicine that no one has developed a cure.

the profits derived would clearly be enormous for helping society deal with such a dangerous substance

"Although medications to address marijuana/cannabis addiction are not currently available, recent discoveries about the endocannabinoid system offer promise in developing medications to ease withdrawal symptoms, block the drug's intoxicating effects, and prevent relapse."

https://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/addiction/marijuana-symptoms

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I smoked my share 4 months as 19, but my addiction was the environment, not the thc or the high. Lived at a drop zone skydiving at deland Florida where smoking and drugs was as normal as drinking, if not more among those who lived there.

I have friends who say they enter the zone and climbing better while smoking, and also other artists who claim creativity and entering the right place, same as others reach while doing meditation. 

There is tons of reasons why people self medicate, and there is more reasons why people do not. 

Pick your choice, personally I see no other benefits having a free marked for drugs, except getting them our of hands of criminals and make them available for those who needs them for any reasons. At same time protect mass influence on people who normally would not have any relations with drugs, who now might start believe this is the new religion. 

Seeing the use of emotions here in these threads shows how narrow headed some is when reading critics of what have happened in Thailand after decriminalization of marijuana. 

8 hours ago, jonclark said:

If you can focus long enough, I suggest you do some research.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, dinsdale said:

I've read all previous comments. One thing that hasn't been mentioned. You cannot die from a dope overdose. More to that no one has died from a dope overdose simply because you can't. Alcohol you can and nicotine you can.

Many have died from weed-related causes though, much like nicotine.

• Confused 2

44 minutes ago, jonclark said:

So you cannot support your own comments about cannabis being "dangerous and addictive" with evidence then? Well that's a bit embarrassing for you isn't it?

Next time I respectfully suggest you refrain from commenting on topics you clearly know very little about and let the big boys talk amongst themselves. Have a nice day and goodbye. 

If you can’t find the motivation to take a look yourself, then there isn’t much I can do to help. Next time, I respectfully suggest you refrain from writing off what the evidence clearly suggests. Have a nice day and goodbye.

13 minutes ago, AndyFoxy said:

If you can’t find the motivation to take a look yourself, then there isn’t much I can do to help. Next time, I respectfully suggest you refrain from writing off what the evidence clearly suggests. Have a nice day and goodbye.

Evidence that is so clear you can't find it ????.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, jonclark said:

Evidence that is so clear you can't find it ????.

I've got it, but you expect me to do your job for you? Seems like you can't face the truth or you've smoked too much and motivation levels are low. ???? Have a nice day and goodbye.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, dinsdale said:

I've read all previous comments. One thing that hasn't been mentioned. You cannot die from a dope overdose. More to that no one has died from a dope overdose simply because you can't. Alcohol you can and nicotine you can.

Of course you can die from an overdose....you can die from drinking too much water.
Only it is extreme unlikely....

• Confused 1