Thai citizen's overstay on British passport

10 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I wouldn't either. How can a Thai citizen be on overstay in Thailand?

Because she entered on a UK passport.  Easy enough to leave on the UK passport, pay the fine and re-enter on her Thai passport. Lesson learned.

4 minutes ago, marin said:

I have 25 year old twin daughters  who are dual citizens who come and go often with their work. Getting a new passport will not solve the problem she has now. She entered on the British passport. Cant enter on one and leave on the other. She has to rectify her situation if she ever wants to travel internationally again. 

To be honest I've never entered Thailand on a foreign passport and tried to get a new Thai passport. But the process of getting a new (replacement for expired) passport is very simple -just show the old passport. They don't check stamps on the old passport and I doubt they check immigration computer to see when you last left\entered the country using the Thai passport. That said, even if they do, I'm sure it can be solved.

Her Thai nationality trumps her UK passport/period of stay stamp.

There is f-all that can happen to her legally (except for the UK passport getting a mean red stamp if she decides to exit Thailand using it). Have her get a T pp if she hasn't already, and she's "good to go."????

Edited by Sandboxer

9 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

They don't check stamps on the old passport and I doubt they check immigration computer to see when you last left\entered the country using the Thai passport. That said, even if they do, I'm sure it can be solved.

Last post, you are wrong. Its all hooked up through biometrics. It does not matter what you are sure of mate.