Shopee Aircondition experience

h90

I ordered an AC with installation at Shopee.
They came, saw and told we should cancel, too difficult.

There was an AC before which we removed. Need thru 2 thin walls but the holes are already made. The electric is already there. Easily within the 4 meter they offer to have the tube, and I wouldn't have much of a problem if they would need some extra money for some troubles I don't recognize. Maybe slightly more difficult than direct on the wall, but with the holes already made it might be just the same.....

Is this normal?? Or bad luck?
Normally shopee is good on refunds so no problem beside the wasted time. But if it is normal I might not need another company on shopee??

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Shopee is not a shop.???? Nor is it an installation business.

OK, I ordered at a shop that is on the platform Shopee an AC+Installation.
I thought that is clear even with my sloppy form of explaining...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, h90 said:

Is this normal?? Or bad luck?

You probably need to order from an actual AC company, shopee is only an agent. A real AC company will actually inspect the location that you want the AC installed, 

We have a company that send round the actual install technicians then quotes a price, at the moment we are waiting for the unit we decided on to arrive, it is due any day now then the install will take place.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, h90 said:

There was an AC before which we removed. Need thru 2 thin walls but the holes are already made. The electric is already there.

Maybe post some pictures for better advice.

1 hour ago, h90 said:

I thought I could save some money and with only 5 star reviews I can't be wrong. obviously not as simple as I thought.

5*s can't be trusted, i have first hand experience of that with Lazada when buying TV boxes, seller was desperate for me to give 5* when i gave 1*, full refund then i gave 5*, so ratings may not be as they seem

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

5*s can't be trusted, i have first hand experience of that with Lazada when buying TV boxes, seller was desperate for me to give 5* when i gave 1*, full refund then i gave 5*, so ratings may not be as they seem

Yes.....I always try to read the low star comments, but that does not help very much....only if there are hundreds of comments. I always assume that the first 5 comments with 5 stars are the friends of the seller.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I will only buy electrical items from a shop, can always go back to them if a problem. even small items i want to physically see the lead/plug is 3 pins, on non-double insulated items, like rice cookers, kettles......:coffee1:

I had endless battles to have that earth wire installed in the house...every "professional" electrician meant it is not needed or put in some look a like so that pesty farang shuts up.

If something is sensitive....like washing machine where people may stay barefoot on wet ground....double check with a multimeter I have several 3 pin plugs, where the cable has only 2 wires inside. And I have a few where the connection from the pin to the wire is broken inside.
And I had a plug where the electrician connected earth and zero wrong....and things still worked. (And one case where the housing was on the phase but that was an industrial machine....off topic here)

42 minutes ago, h90 said:

I had endless battles to have that earth wire installed in the house...every "professional" electrician meant it is not needed or put in some look a like so that pesty farang shuts up.

If something is sensitive....like washing machine where people may stay barefoot on wet ground....double check with a multimeter I have several 3 pin plugs, where the cable has only 2 wires inside. And I have a few where the connection from the pin to the wire is broken inside.
And I had a plug where the electrician connected earth and zero wrong....and things still worked. (And one case where the housing was on the phase but that was an industrial machine....off topic here)

Yes it is very important that some appliances have earth wires. Here the installations of one of my aircons. There is an earth wire. The other ones have an earth wire too.

16854342910081.jpg

16854342247010.jpg

Edited by Mickeymaus

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Plus as many folks probably know, business owners can often pay for positive reviews.

One very famous one Tr.pxxnnnnn.

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

how much? they seem to charge more based on BTU not sure why

I think it was 2kbht .............. but the air-con was an absolute bargain from the Haier store on Lazada.

Worked out at least 3k cheaper in total than the local homePro/Mall/etc.

12kBTU inverter for 9,100bht delivered.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Reviews on Shopee or Lazada aren't worth the time it takes to read them.

99% of the reviews are given the day the item was delivered, so they don't have even used it.

Negative reviews get hidden. Been there got the t-shirt

I'm not sure they get hidden? i always check the worst reviews, mostly ignore 4* and 5*

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

Yes it is very important that some appliances have earth wires. Here the installations of one of my aircons. There is an earth wire. The other ones have an earth wire too.

16854342910081.jpg

16854342247010.jpg

yes on all my aircon installations here it is NOT connected and a while ago I repaired the outside unit and when I touched it I got a nice shock, as either the fan or the compressor was short to the metal housing. Prime example why we need it. In the previous company I worked you couldn't touch the computer they had all electric on the housing...not terrible much but not nice.

4 hours ago, h90 said:

Before wife bought the Aircons at local HomePro or similar....They always came and installed it without any questions.

But from time to time an installation was leaking...so not too perfect

I thought I could save some money and with only 5 star reviews I can't be wrong. obviously not as simple as I thought.

Those places do not do their own installs either though HomePro is better than some.

My suggestion is to go to an actual AC shop. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Plus as many folks probably know, business owners can often pay for positive reviews.

One very famous one Tr.pxxnnnnn.

Was once a bit in touch with hotel business...yeah common...all your 20 friends book 1 day and leave a 5 star review.

I've had great success ( 4 units )  and  would highly recommend  Home Pro ( Hua Hin )

timely /  fast,  effecient / neat / and polite..  I aso have them come clean the units every  6 months

no comparison to the local shops ( which also double as ditch diggers ) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BenStark said:

Reviews on Shopee or Lazada aren't worth the time it takes to read them.

99% of the reviews are given the day the item was delivered, so they don't have even used it.

Negative reviews get hidden. Been there got the t-shirt

If I buy a brand name device I read the reviews on Amazon....don't carry the average number but what people write.

On Aliexpress it is only worth if >100 reviews and than you get only rid of the worst of the cheaters (like fake products)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, h90 said:

yes on all my aircon installations here it is NOT connected and a while ago I repaired the outside unit and when I touched it I got a nice shock, as either the fan or the compressor was short to the metal housing. Prime example why we need it. In the previous company I worked you couldn't touch the computer they had all electric on the housing...not terrible much but not nice.

I had exactly the same problem. I touched one that was not even running and got a shock. Since this time I check all electric installations afterwards. Earth wire is a problem in my condo complex especially since we removed almost all metal water pipes. But you shouldn't use them anyway. 

At computers and other devices it often helps if you turn around the plug when you plug it in.

Edited by Mickeymaus
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, h90 said:

I just ordered one more on Shopee but next one will be HomePro as so many recommend it.
Before wife always did HomePro....

I just had a look at the Homepro app for an AC and install, very extensive options, looks good,very clear, says removal 750 baht

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Haier air-con I purchased from lazada was without installation.

Paid a local guy to install it. 

Yes .....  this is quite ok and common practice with Thai's.   Buy an AC on Lazada or wherever and a local install guy will come and install it for 1,000-1,500 usually.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jaideedave said:

Yes I very nearly did the same.I almost ordered an a/c unit from Lazada then thought better of it.We bought one from a local shop.If it f____ up we go see them not Lazada

Bingo. I thought and did the same recently.

Price difference w/shipping & install was minimal if any.

• Like 2