Impatient Thai People

11 minutes ago, bignok said:

I like silence and not shopping.

I belive you stay in  a different area.

Here in our village, (after some time) the people and especially the women know each other. They arte talking in a friendly and lovely stile ... about all what ist interesting (or not) in our daily life. I.e.: about where to buy good and cheap food,  a man or a lady who died, how to care for the dogs or cats, if they are sick, about idiotic drivers, good craftsmen, ... and not least about falangs ????.

On 5/30/2023 at 2:01 PM, scubascuba3 said:

They often race around in pickups or motorbikes, apart from that are mostly slow, never seen a fast walker

That's because they are usually on their smartphone while they are walking.

On 5/30/2023 at 7:51 AM, Dmaxdan said:

Interesting. Because after 14 years of living in rural Thailand I've yet to meet a Thai person with anything that even resembles what I would consider a high level of patience. In fact I've long suspected that their patience levels don't develop after they are 10 years old.

Lack of patience is also one of the major reasons so many of them die on the road each year. 

Running red lights and not waiting at U-turns are just a couple of examples of chronic impatience.

Absolutely. They are utterly dogmatic about time, breaking time down into 15 minute segments. Hear it from other 'farangs' married to Thais. I put it down to fact a lot of them end up being single Mums with just an elderly relative helping around childcare etc, so time and scheduling becomes of the essence! (Or in my dark humour moments I ask her if during WW2 Thais ran the Japanese POW camps)??????

If I'm out doing errands and in my Mrs' head she thinks I should be taking no longer than one hour then God help me on 61 minutes when my mobile switches to constant ringing even though I may be driving. When I answer the stock questions are, "Where you now? Why you late? Followed by the accusations I've sloped off for some Boom Boom with other lady!! (Bloody chance would be a fine thing)!

Same impatient attitude problems with her daughter, unsurprisingly. If something is not to her timeplan, (whatever it may have been as she rarely gives any advance notice), then "BOOM" off she goes like the proverbial bomb, aka: Thai psycho!

In essence urban Thais are so impatient, especially the female variety. It's why the husbands go and hang out with mates. Gives their wives something else to complain about instead of them trying to understand the psychology and effect of their actions. Ditto why globally men take up golf, fishing or crickey. A reason to be out the house for hours on end not just minutes!

Edited by Phil1964
Typo

35 minutes ago, Phil1964 said:

accusations I've sloped off for some Boom Boom with other lady!!

THIS!!!  My thai buddy seems to get calls from his gf all the time..I suspect THIS is why...

Another buddy would always be accused of this,,,,,the thai jealousy thing keeps me single

Or maybe just losing my mojo..aka hansum-ness  ????

• Love It 1