Australian Man Faces Several Legal Charges After Road Rage Incident in Phuket

webfact

Some racial slur posts have been removed along with replies:

15. You will not discriminate or post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments on the basis of race, gender, age, religion, ethnicity, nationality, disability, medical history, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, paternity, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other irrelevant factor.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Tough to understand why police is handling a case like this as if it was murder?  

Especially in a he/she said case in which a mirror was broken. Charges being filed and case being forwarded to Prosecutor which is unusual I suspect police threw out a payment amount that the Aussie wouldn't pay! 

What a total waste of time!  

Totally agree. These road rage incidents happen every day, maybe not damaging mirrors etc, but arguments and being aggressive etc.

Surely if the Australian paid for a new mirror to be fitted that would be the end of it, why go to all the trouble of charging the guy and going to court, pretty sure the cops must have better things to do in Phuket?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

Right it seems it was 2 guys having an argument and a side mirror was damaged? Surely if the Australian offers to pay for a new one, it should be the end of it?

The Ozzie said he couldn't see himself doing that....

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, renaissanc said:

I look at the way the Australian is sitting and I think: "He's a disrespecful man and no wonder he finds himself in this situation."

Its what I thought as well. Arrogant australian who has the entitled feeling about himself- despite the fact that he comes from Paramatta in the syd western suburbs

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Totally agree. These road rage incidents happen every day, maybe not damaging mirrors etc, but arguments and being aggressive etc.

Surely if the Australian paid for a new mirror to be fitted that would be the end of it, why go to all the trouble of charging the guy and going to court, pretty sure the cops must have better things to do in Phuket?

Thanks. Why not top it off by calling Big Joke to fly in with his private jet to settle the matter.  I'm sure the courts were agree. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I just do my driving and don’t antagonise.... 

I  get bored and antagonise them on purpose.

Surprisingly many are fairly restrained in reaction... the ones that are not take it to extremes though.

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

had a few who really didn’t like that I didn’t give way and did the ‘aggressive swerving etc’ then pulling up along-side and shouting....   They seem not to like it when I smile and wave back !!!... 

Antagonizing them?

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I just do my driving and don’t antagonise.... but there are still some really unhinged morons out there,

Oh.