Farewell rarbg

bendejo

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

An absolute nightmare to remove. I'm stuck with the download file that I can neither open or remove.

Download "Unlocker"

Unlocker is a free application that lets you force delete, move, and rename locked files on your Microsoft Windows PC when error messages appear. The lightweight program is developed and published by Cedrick Collomb for Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems.

Unlocker.jpg.dfd23c57042688e56f7bc05f13d87a58.jpg

:thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/1/2023 at 5:35 AM, HappyExpat57 said:

FWIW, due to the writers' strike, decent television shows have dried up. Time to start reading books again?

Or dig around for some of the older shows, the ones from 15, 20 or more years ago. There are many gems that were missed at the time.

3 hours ago, Daffy D said:

Download "Unlocker"

Unlocker is a free application that lets you force delete, move, and rename locked files on your Microsoft Windows PC when error messages appear. The lightweight program is developed and published by Cedrick Collomb for Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems.

Unlocker.jpg.dfd23c57042688e56f7bc05f13d87a58.jpg

:thumbsup:

Just before you try that, make sure you're logged in as an Administrator and / or try booting Windows in "Safe Mode", then delete the file(s)

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

Forget torrents, the best sources for movies and TV and games are Direct Download sites. Go install the free Jdownloader 2 app, then buy a 1-year subscription for $25 at alldebrid. There's heaps of DD websites out there (here is an example), you just click on the links and in just a minute or two you have an entire 4K movie. Way faster, and more reliable ( *for new stuff ) than torrents. It's possible to use these DD sites without a subscription, but the links will download super slow to the point where you won't want to do that very often. $25 is a very worthwhile investment to suddenly have access to all this content.

28 minutes ago, clokwise said:

Forget torrents, the best sources for movies and TV and games are Direct Download sites. Go install the free Jdownloader 2 app, then buy a 1-year subscription for $25 at alldebrid. There's heaps of DD websites out there (here is an example), you just click on the links and in just a minute or two you have an entire 4K movie. Way faster, and more reliable ( *for new stuff ) than torrents. It's possible to use these DD sites without a subscription, but the links will download super slow to the point where you won't want to do that very often. $25 is a very worthwhile investment to suddenly have access to all this content.

There is no ‘$25’ 1 year subscription option. Why make it up as you go along? Is it that difficult to check before posting?

Why the need for the Jdownloader2 application?

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

My guess it’s a download manager like FDM or IDM

free
https://www.freedownloadmanager.org

paid (has 30 day trial)

https://www.internetdownloadmanager.com

I know what it is ???? I asked why the need. The only reason I can see is for the automatic unpacking. Other than that, a rather unnecessary extra interface. Perhaps there is something I’ve missed…

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/1/2023 at 5:35 AM, HappyExpat57 said:

Truly bad news, they were my go to.

For movies, Google "YIFY" followed by the name of the movie. It's hit and miss, about 80% consistent.

For general show searches - https://x1337x.se/

I used this for The Late Show when rarbg was a little behind: https://eztv.re/search/?q1=&q2=1372&search=Search

Of course, these guys are still alive and well: https://thepiratebay.org/

FWIW, due to the writers' strike, decent television shows have dried up. Time to start reading books again?

I must say by mentioning these 2 sites, you just picked out the "dirtiest" that is out there.... I always have to clean out my computer after visiting "1337" and "piratebay"......

The absolutely number one first class is "Torrentday" no doubt... and my opinion is based on 15 years of download experience,....

Torrentday need an invite as mentioned before. If PM me I can sacrifice one for you guys..

Good luck...

On 6/1/2023 at 12:58 PM, bedbugy said:

i will miss the korean tv series and movies

no one else did it better 

I hated that <deleted> that starting to be all over the place; korean <deleted> and all that animated crap from Japan....... Would prefer if somebody at torentday stopped those uploads..

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, glegolo18 said:

so what???? I always also use magnet.. and do it on different sites. Can you download at that link you gave??????????????????????????

Yes you can - why not try looking at the site, and searching, it's as easy as Google, rather than simply being an argumentative ar$e...

Edited by pkrv

1 minute ago, pkrv said:

Yes you can - why not try looking at the site, and searching, it's as easy as Google, rather than simply being an argumentative ar$e...

woah you seems to be a nice guy... take a coffee now and relax......