Advice on visa agency required

4 minutes ago, Father of Godfahter said:

Again - thank you, Dr.Jack54

Can you report back with your experience.

Visa exempt extension is straight forward but yes hot weather and currently Jomtien immigration seems busy from reports.

To prepare in advance you could ask your hotel for screenshot of their TM30 report.

Agent may request that and would save added trip. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Can you report back with your experience.

Visa exempt extension is straight forward but yes hot weather and currently Jomtien immigration seems busy from reports.

To prepare in advance you could ask your hotel for screenshot of their TM30 report.

Agent may request that and would save added trip. 

What if I stay in condo? What papers do I need?

1 hour ago, AAArdvark said:

The OP is obviously not a "regular" and using Soi 13/2 would have been less confusing b

He could have come back asking for clarification without being flippant about it.

And guess what comes up right on top when you search Google Maps for  "Maneerat Soi Post Office".

https://maps.app.goo.gl/TnrdGuRheNahiNBQ8

Basic stuff really.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dr Jack, I have another question for you. I left Thailand (where I lived for 3 years at one and the same location registered with the Jomtien immigration) 6 months ago. Now I came back. Can I now use my old address registration (as if I am still living there) and to avoid all the new address procedure registration or there is no choice but to register a new address with the Immigration?

2 hours ago, Father of Godfahter said:

Dr Jack, I have another question for you. I left Thailand (where I lived for 3 years at one and the same location registered with the Jomtien immigration) 6 months ago. Now I came back. Can I now use my old address registration (as if I am still living there) and to avoid all the new address procedure registration or there is no choice but to register a new address with the Immigration?

If you have returned on a fresh entry (i.e. not using a re-entry permit) a new TM30 notification is compulsory.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Father of Godfahter said:

I left Thailand (where I lived for 3 years at one and the same location registered with the Jomtien immigration) 6 months ago. Now I came back.

How did you return to Thailand.

Meaning did you reenter with new visa or visa exempt entry then you need to make a new TM30.

If you returned with  reentry permit then new TM30 not required.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

How did you return to Thailand.

Meaning did you reenter with new visa or visa exempt entry then you need to make a new TM30.

If you returned with  reentry permit then new TM30 not required.

Excuse me for too many question, but one more. What documents an hotel should provide me with to register my address with them at the immigration?

10 minutes ago, Father of Godfahter said:

Excuse me for too many question, but one more. What documents an hotel should provide me with to register my address with them at the immigration?

If you stay at a hotel, the hotel has to register you. They can provide you with proof of that registration, typically a screenshot from the online system. You can then take that along to immigration when you apply for an extension.

1 minute ago, Caldera said:

If you stay at a hotel, the hotel has to register you. They can provide you with proof of that registration, typically a screenshot from the online system. You can then take that along to immigration when you apply for an extension.

What if I just checked into the hotel the same day I am going to visit the Immigration?

23 minutes ago, Father of Godfahter said:

What if I just checked into the hotel the same day I am going to visit the Immigration?

If the hotel is cooperative (and does the TM30 notification online like almost all hotels) they should be able to do the notification and provide you with the evidence within a few minutes.

• Thumbs Up 1