My New Solar and ESS room

A totally insignificant update on the new solar panels.

Last night I had the bedroom aircon. running all night.

At around 10:00 am I had a look in the ESS room and, to my amazement the batteries were showing 100% full.

I was pleased but not to put too fine a point on it, The charge controllers are from China so that would be a Chinese 100%

Be that as it may. The batteries and solar panels seem to be performing almost as well as a Pattaya bar girl although I have to say solar has fewer options (or so I'm lead to believe).

I needed to do a bit of rice milling today. My mill motor start current takes quite a big chunk of electricity for a few tens of milliseconds or there abouts, so I normally switch over to PEA to do my milling.

Today I forgot.............

I remembered about 10 minutes after I had started the milling machine.

Well I didn't go into a complete panic but the thought crossed my mind that the milling machine didn't awt to have started.

I quickly switched over to PEA and carried on

The new solar panels gave me more than the old ones did that's for sure.

A quick mention about the mill motor. It's a single phase with start and run circuits and something in the order of three horses which is 2.24 kW when running under normal load conditions.

I don't think I will be relying on the solar to run it though because in normal use, the motor occasionally stalls and when it does it is for more time than the start duration.