Outrage over government tweet linking Pride Month with rise in monkeypox cases

webfact

35 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Just a generic attack word now of the right wing to attack anything they don't like.

It did have an original very positive meaning coming from Black Americans but that has been so perverted by now as to make the original meaning irrelevant. 

The English language is dynamic and constantly morphs - the word 'gay', for example is an adjective that once meant 'joy' but now is accepted to decsribe sexuality. The adjective 'woke' is commonly used in the way I described, and its original meaning has faded into obscurity. We do need adjectives in the English language, and the left wing has plenty of much stronger adjectives they use to smear those on the right. Wokism goes beyond what you described anyway: it's a revolutionary manifestation of updated Marxism, created by the left to divide a once peaceful society (in this case gay and straight people living together as one, as the vast majority do).

Its interesting that the leftist woke creed seeks to change language constantly - what were adjectives are denounced by the woke as "attack words", to disorient their political opponents, shut down debate, and label opponents as extremists whose opinions should not be heard. 

Edited by sidneybear
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You think sexualiy active gay men hibernate for the other 11 months?

You think Pride month is just a cover for an orgy?

Not at all - gays are no different from anyone else, and they have sexual relations all year round. But we're talking simple cause and effect here: a festival where people (gay or straight) get together in large numbers and have a party is more likely to result in casual sex than at other times. This is the point that the health message was making - a point that would have been noted humourously by my many gay friends. Any message that stirs the emotions (humour or otherwise) is more likely to be remembered, so they shouldn't have given in to the woke mob. Who are these people to tell the rest of us what we can and can't say anyway?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, sidneybear said:

The English language is dynamic and constantly morphs - the word 'gay', for example is an adjective that once meant 'joy' but now is accepted to decsribe sexuality. The adjective 'woke' is commonly used in the way I described, and its original meaning has faded into obscurity. We do need adjectives in the English language, and the left wing has plenty of much stronger adjectives they use to smear those on the right. Wokism goes beyond what you described anyway: it's a revolutionary manifestation of updated Marxism, created by the left to divide a once peaceful society (in this case gay and straight people living together as one, as the vast majority do).

Its interesting that the leftist woke creed seeks to change language constantly - what were adjectives are denounced by the woke as "attack words", to disorient their political opponents, shut down debate, and label opponents as extremists whose opinions should not be heard. 

Another one promoting the antisemitic conspiracy theory of cultural Marxism. 

You and Ron DeSantis..

Thanks for explaining where you're really coming from.

I never really believed you really cared about gay men's health. This issue is just another chance to swing that anti woke hammer. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Marxism_conspiracy_theory

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, sidneybear said:

Not at all - gays are no different from anyone else, and they have sexual relations all year round. But we're talking simple cause and effect here: a festival where people (gay or straight) get together in large numbers and have a party is more likely to result in casual sex than at other times. This is the point that the health message was making - a point that would have been noted humourously by my many gay friends. Any message that stirs the emotions (humour or otherwise) is more likely to be remembered, so they shouldn't have given in to the woke mob. Who are these people to tell the rest of us what we can and can't say anyway?

The woke mob.

There you go again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Another one promoting the antisemitic conspiracy theory of cultural Marxism. 

You and Ron DeSantis..

Thanks for explaining where you're really coming from.

I never really believed you really cared about gay men's health. This issue is just another chance to swing that anti woke hammer. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Marxism_conspiracy_theory

Ahh, that didn't take long. 'Conspiracy theory' is another leftist tactic to smear opponents and shut down debate. Are you now going to start using words that end imn 'ist'? When will you say that I'm the reincarnation of Trump? You've already called me an antisemite - a smear intended to denounce me that's totally incorrect - my boss is Jewish, and I really like the guy, and look up to his because he's smart and brilliant at what he does. I've got loads of Jewish friends and colleages - I couldn't meet nicer a smarter people.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sidneybear said:

Ahh, that didn't take long. 'Conspiracy theory' is another leftist tactic to smear opponents and shut down debate. Are you now going to start using words that end imn 'ist'? When will you say that I'm the reincarnation of Trump? You've already called me an antisemite - a smear intended to denounce me that's totally incorrect - my boss is Jewish, and I really like the guy, and look up to his because he's smart and brilliant at what he does. I've got loads of Jewish friends and colleages - I couldn't meet nicer a smarter people.

Stop lying.

I never called you an antisemite.

I correctly pointed out that you're promoting an antisemitic conspiracy theory in your understanding of woke.

Cultural Marxism. 

There are some far right wing Jews doing the same thing.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

And they didn't even mention that during Pride Month there will be thunderstorms, and, possibly, a rise in Covid cases...

Not to mention many deep fried foods will be consumed and polluted air inhaled!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Just watched an opinion piece yesterday on Fox News, blaming Woke on Marxism... ????????

Fascist DeSantis has cited antisemtic conspiracy theory cultural Marxism in his campaign definition of woke.

The right wing loves to use antisemitic dog whistles. Cultural Marxism, Globalists, Internaional Cabals, Soros demonization, Etc.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 3
  • Love It 1