Biden will address the nation from the Oval Office – his first time speaking to the country directly from that setting

Social Media

36 minutes ago, Tug said:

The gold standard for the worst most corrupt unqualified failed president in American history in that respect I agree with you 100%.

...and, given that, you think it is sufficient that Biden manages to clear that standard and that standard alone? You have very low expectations for Joe Biden, don't you? 

And I have to be honest with you- 2017-19 were pretty good years.  No new wars, low gas prices, good economy. My investments in the US markets were doing quite well. I could fly round trip from here to LA for 700 bucks.  So I honestly don't get the level of purple-faced rage that Trump generates. How was YOUR life in the days of Trump?

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It's about time you acquainted yourself with the logical fallacy known as "post hoc ergo propter hoc" which translates to "after this therefore because of this".

And then there's the issue of deficits, which seem to deeply concern you only when a Democrat is President.

Not at all. I am no fan of government overspending, no matter who is in charge. Previous guy screwed up on this as well.  The point is that Biden is in charge NOW, and did little to reign in the excesses of government largesse. He is at 4 trillion dollars added to the debt and counting so far in his term. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Not at all. I am no fan of government overspending, no matter who is in charge. Previous guy screwed up on this as well.  The point is that Biden is in charge NOW, and did little to reign in the excesses of government largesse. He is at 4 trillion dollars added to the debt and counting so far in his term. 

Ukraine. Interest on Trump debt.

You keep making the same tenuous argument that somehow any president should be able to magically fix the unfixable if they weren't so inept.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You keep making the same tenuous argument that somehow any president should be able to magically fix the unfixable if they weren't so inept.

Ukraine spending (which should be zero IMHO) is less than 200 billion, or in other words less than 5% of the deficit. 

Inflation drove interest rates up, which in turn raised the cost of servicing the debt. Which both parties gleefully add to when in power. Again, the increase is small- less than Ukraine.

Before Biden, the only president to run a non pandemic deficit of over a trillion dollars was Obama. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

...and, given that, you think it is sufficient that Biden manages to clear that standard and that standard alone? You have very low expectations for Joe Biden, don't you? 

And I have to be honest with you- 2017-19 were pretty good years.  No new wars, low gas prices, good economy. My investments in the US markets were doing quite well. I could fly round trip from here to LA for 700 bucks.  So I honestly don't get the level of purple-faced rage that Trump generates. How was YOUR life in the days of Trump?

Are you claiming that Trump was the cause of low global gas price, and not the state of supply and demand on the global market?

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

Ukraine spending (which should be zero IMHO) is less than 200 billion, or in other words less than 5% of the deficit. 

Inflation drove interest rates up, which in turn raised the cost of servicing the debt. Which both parties gleefully add to when in power. Again, the increase is small- less than Ukraine.

Before Biden, the only president to run a non pandemic deficit of over a trillion dollars was Obama. 

The invasion of Ukraine increased the global inflation which had already started post-Covid, in particular energy prices and prices of agricultural products such as cereals on the global market. As you perfectly know.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Much of which you conveniently ignore occured during the covid pandemic. And actually, Biden did manage to raise taxes to pay for the increase in coverage for Obamacare. Taxes would have been raised further but for the objections of a couple of DINOs.

On 6/3/2023 at 2:46 PM, BonnieandClyde said:

This is just the sort of event that is needed to regain some of the gravitas he lost doing that pratfall at the Air Force Academy.

Just keep him seated behind his desk in the Oval Office with his busts of César Chávez and Rosa Parks placed close behind him for support in case he does try to stand on his own feet.

When will this farce come to an end?

Probably the week after Trump stops telling lies. Around the 12th of never is my best guess.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2023 at 6:52 PM, placeholder said:

Given that by all accounts Biden was intimately and continuouly involved in the negotiations, your attempt to resuscitate that canard might find traction among fellow extremists, but those of us living in the fact based world know otherwise.

by all accounts ????

On 6/4/2023 at 11:04 PM, ozimoron said:

You keep making false claims.

Just now, ozimoron said:

Because interest repayments and funding the defense of Ukraine don't significantly increase further debt?

Because you assign all debt to Trump and total Ukraine funding is still less than 100 billion.

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Because you assign all debt to Trump and total Ukraine funding is still less than 100 billion.

Did I say all debt? Even Trump inherited debt from the GFC.

Donald Trump Built a National Debt So Big (Even Before the Pandemic) That It’ll Weigh Down the Economy for Years

The growth in the annual deficit under Trump ranks as the third-biggest increase, relative to the size of the economy, of any U.S. presidential administration,

The combination of Trump’s 2017 tax cut and the lack of any serious spending restraint helped both the deficit and the debt soar.

Trump’s tax cuts, especially the sharp reduction in the corporate tax rate to 21% from 35%, took a big bite out of federal revenue.

https://www.propublica.org/article/national-debt-trump

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Donald Trump Built a National Debt So Big (Even Before the Pandemic) That It’ll Weigh Down the Economy for Years

The growth in the annual deficit under Trump ranks as the third-biggest increase, relative to the size of the economy, of any U.S. presidential administration,

Try reading this and repost;

History of the Debt — TreasuryDirect

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Did I say all debt? Even Trump inherited debt from the GFC.

The combination of Trump’s 2017 tax cut and the lack of any serious spending restraint helped both the deficit and the debt soar.,

https://www.propublica.org/article/national-debt-trump

You said "Ukraine. Interest on Trump debt".

Now you say that Trump’s 2017 tax cut and the lack of any serious spending restraint helped both the deficit and the debt soar, but don't mention Covid, or Biden's total lack of spending restraint at all.

Away with you, varlet.

• Haha 1