Thai Buddhist monk’s daily life TikTok goes viral (video)

webfact

image.jpeg

A video showing a day in the life of a Thai Buddhist monk went viral, garnering over 600,000 views within hours, as the TikTok vlog gained praise from netizens and increased interest in monastic life.

Yesterday a Thai Buddhist monk using the TikTok handle @mek_tc posted a video blog (Vlog) offering a glimpse into the daily life of a monk. The caption, translating to “Who said being a monk is leisurely? Come, see for yourself!” captured the attention of viewers. The Vlog shows the monk’s morning routine, featuring activities such as chanting, washing laundry, hanging clothes, and sweeping the temple grounds.

In less than a day, the video attracted over 600,000 views, generating a flood of comments from curious netizens, many of whom expressed their interest and requested more content related to the life of a monk. The popularity of the post caught the monk by surprise as they tweeted, “didn’t expect so much attention, I am not ready for this!”

by Samantha Rose

TOP PHOTO via TikTok/@mek_tc

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/monks-daily-life-tiktok-goes-viral-exceeds-600k-views-in-one-day

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-06-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

@mek_tc ใครบอกเป็นพระแล้วว่าง มาดูนี้นะโยมมม ???? #พระสงฆ์ #monk #พส ♬ got nothing in my brain - user101010101010*-*

Would be more inspiring if they actually stuck to their own rules eg not owning money, not driving, not eating after 12 as well as the more publicised crimes of a few. The constant vanity building is something they need to stop wasting money on. All our local Wats are constant construction sites and they start another needless building before finishing the last, soon they will have filled up all the car parks as well. I don't think a film about them doing housework is very interesting.  

I just read about the monks sitting around drinking. I don’t think this video should all the stuff about the monks fishing about all the snacks to have in the room to eat any time they feel like it is a lot of fake things here in Thailand TIT