Foreign Man Shot in a Car in Phuket, Suspect Flees

snoop1130

4 hours ago, J Branche said:

I know nothing about this man or his dealings in Thailand.

Regarding Russian citizens.  It shows a basic lack of understanding when you blame

the citizens for a War they did Not vote for and many do Not want.

Plenty of Russians in my city that I play tennis and frequent there restaurants.  

The ones I have contact with are accepting, helpful, friendly, and I believe just want to get back to living a normal life without fighting.

The leaders decide if a country fights with another country or people.

The citizens wear the burden for another person's actions and agenda.

I am from the US a country with one of the largest military budgets but also

A country with a crime problem, high housing costs, high deductible and premium Healthcare, high food costs, high labor costs for Plumbing, Electrical, AC technicians, and a society of people who mostly think of themselves first, and act with few morals or values.

So now the perspective is a little clearer on reality.

Ah didums 

• Sad 2

Amazingly fast. somebody snitched or there's something missing. but really fast!

My bet is was just a business dispute that went too far.
however hitman almost 50? Nah, I don't think so!

As for specific case - we probably won't see the truth, just as it happened about 20+ years ago in Pattaya to the owner of russian restaurant "Rasputin": hitman from Estonia shot him through the windshield almost point blank. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Sorry but I have little sympathy for a nationality being shot whilst their nation continues to bomb and and kill innocent children of another country

what a stupid statement

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not an expert on firearms, but surely a bullet will be rendered far less lethal by travelling through a laminated car windshield - borne out by the fact that the victim wasn't even immobilised after being hit several times!

I think that this was an amateur attempt.

5 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Yer recon, maybe it was a bloke on a motor bike with a red helmet......

Well he shouldn't be to hard to find, just look for the only person wearing a helmet, should stick out like sore thumb..........????️

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, London Lowf said:

I'm not an expert on firearms, but surely a bullet will be rendered far less lethal by travelling through a laminated car windshield - borne out by the fact that the victim wasn't even immobilised after being hit several times!

I think that this was an amateur attempt.

It may have been a small calibre weapons such as a .22 with low striking velocity after penetrating the windshield. No mention of cartridge cases being found at the scene indicates a revolver.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

A foreign suspect was arrested at Phuket International Airport after a Russian businessman was injured after being shot while he was in a car in Cherng Talay at a local cafe.

He didn't plan his escape too well.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dukeleto said:

The BiB will have the perp in hand shortly. Obviously he doesn’t read news here. They find out eventually even without the victims help. They will be parading him around shortly with him reenacting the scene at the same spot.  

You have missed the critical comment "POINTING"

10 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Sorry but I have little sympathy for a nationality being shot whilst their nation continues to bomb and and kill innocent children of another country

Why is it the fault of every citizen what the leader of a country does? 

Maybe this guy is vehemently opposed to his countries leader.  Maybe if he could vote their leader out he would. 

13 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:
13 hours ago, sumongkhwai said:

Hmm, 3 center mass and one missed head shot. Reckon the shooter's done this before.

13 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

He missed the one to the dome.

Sounds like an amateur.

I'd say very much an amateur. One who didn't realize that bullets fired from a hand gun through a toughened windscreen will flatten and be considerably slowed down. That's probably why the victim survived.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/7/2023 at 7:48 PM, J Branche said:

I know nothing about this man or his dealings in Thailand.

Regarding Russian citizens.  It shows a basic lack of understanding when you blame

the citizens for a War they did Not vote for and many do Not want.

Plenty of Russians in my city that I play tennis and frequent there restaurants.  

The ones I have contact with are accepting, helpful, friendly, and I believe just want to get back to living a normal life without fighting.

The leaders decide if a country fights with another country or people.

The citizens wear the burden for another person's actions and agenda.

I am from the US a country with one of the largest military budgets but also

A country with a crime problem, high housing costs, high deductible and premium Healthcare, high food costs, high labor costs for Plumbing, Electrical, AC technicians, and a society of people who mostly think of themselves first, and act with few morals or values.

So now the perspective is a little clearer on reality.

Fact is they are responsible for their government, and MOST ARE for the war and the genocide and rape and murder and. Displacement of millions of innocent Ukrainian people! 
and another thing!

putin ain’t shootin!

It’s the Russian people who are committing these crimes !????

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Northstar1 said:

Fact is they are responsible for their government, and MOST ARE for the war and the genocide and rape and murder and. Displacement of millions of innocent Ukrainian people! 
and another thing!

putin ain’t shootin!

It’s the Russian people who are committing these crimes !????

Facts are, yes, they can vote for their leaders, but like many other countries, what the leaders do when they are in office is up to them. They are in charge of the military, and if they are indeed power hungry narcissists, as this one is, they are the one who decides what the military does. The military, all militaries, have to follow orders from those above them , or they can be court martialed of killed. This isn't the people's choice, killing, raping and displacement. It's the decision of those power hungry dictators, and the people that are with him in his power. They are people, but soldiers, and have to follow orders. How can someone make a guess that MOST are for the war and genocide unless you have facts to back that up? That would mean a poll of thousands who aren't afraid to speak.