What is going to happen to this forum when weed becomes ILLEGAL again?

Well people are allowed to discuss illegal products (dabs, oils, extracts, edibles, etc.) of cannabis here so who knows what might happen if/when Cannabis Flower's "legal" status is changed.

9 minutes ago, stoner said:

will be difficult to differentiate between what is considered medical use vs recreational. 

Cannabis is approved for a very limited set of diagnoses currently:

1. Nausea and vomiting from chemotherapy (chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting)
2. Epilepsy that is difficult to treat and intractable epilepsy

3. Spasticity in patients with multiple sclerosis
4. Neuropathic pain
5. Anorexia in underweight patients with AIDS

6. Improving quality of life in patients receiving palliative care or end-of-life patients

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

1. Nausea and vomiting from chemotherapy (chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting)

4. Neuropathic pain

6. Improving quality of life in patients receiving palliative care or end-of-life patients

as i mentioned in another post it will weed out weed for sure. not many doctors will issue for these conditions as few people will actually meet the requirements.  those conumers who cheered for pita are in for a big surprise. he tried to be reassuring knowing full well that making it medical will eliminate it. 

thanks for posting the eligible conditions... but what about glaucoma?

Edited by Pouatchee

22 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Well people are allowed to discuss illegal products (dabs, oils, extracts, edibles, etc.) of cannabis here so who knows what might happen if/when Cannabis Flower's "legal" status is changed.

4. Neuropathic pain

7. Vision problems.  Me no cyan see Meself a guh wok todeh.

pexels-darrin-dalley-13288502.jpg

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

as i mentioned in another post it will weed out weed for sure. not many doctors will issue for these conditions as few people will actually meet the requirements.  those conumers who cheered for pita are in for a big surprise. he tried to be reassuring knowing full well that making it medical will eliminate it. 

thanks for posting the eligible conditions... but what about glaucoma?

was at a hospital in bkk yesterday talking with our doctor. we are joining together to form a medical wellness division of our company. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Take two Paracetamol and call me in the morning.

Not on the list.

many here think they will be able to get scrip for glaucoma

my eye doctor already told me it was a no go

7 minutes ago, stoner said:

was at a hospital in bkk yesterday talking with our doctor. we are joining together to form a medical wellness division of our company. 

hope you get it. i will sign up for sure even if i cannot really toke any more

but i want a scrip just in case i ever do decide to toke despite my lungs

10 minutes ago, mikebike said:

So we all go back to the way thing were prior to delisting. Not ideal, but no biggy ????‍♂️

roadside urine test or surprise urine test in bars will get you arrested and fined up to 50 000 bht if memory serves me well... which can lead to deportation and ruin your name.

still think no biggy?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stoner said:

mods........

what if cannabis becomes only legal for medical purposes. will the discussion be allowed to continue if that is the case ? 

will be difficult to differentiate between what is considered medical use vs recreational. 

i identify all of my cannabis use as medical. 

It would have to be revisited, possibly moved within Health & Medicine forum and rules formed around its application and use. etc. You can play the "what if" game all day.

it doesn't matter how you view it, it matters how the law views it. ????

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

roadside urine test or surprise urine test in bars will get you arrested and fined up to 50 000 bht if memory serves me well... which can lead to deportation and ruin your name.

still think no biggy?

I still have 3 Dr's recs from when only THC oil was allowed. 1 with no expiration date.

If have to get a new one, "no biggie"

Fear mongering just because you hate something, is not cool.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Trippy said:

Fear mongering just because you hate something, is not cool.

Did i get you right? are you calling me a fear monger? getting the facts straight and getting prepared hardly is fear mongering. roadside urine tests here are a fact of life. you can play the ostrich and pump your chest up as much as you want, butif it everhappens to you you will deflate just as quick as all the other tough talking bubs

• Confused 3

22 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

They don't last long, 6 months tops!

what about that seed bank in iceland or wherever it is? is that a big fridge?

i have a dozen cousins around here growing medicine. they just need better seeds ????

#

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, roietfortress said:

i don't know of any story of the RTP piss testing tourists randomly?

first day in thailand in 2003, fresh off the plane i was stopped next kaosan road and tested by bib

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, roietfortress said:

i'd say one great advantage is now we have a stockpile of seeds. they were hard to find before last year.

Great seeds have been readily available for over a decade. Growing at home, not so much! 

• Thumbs Up 1

we can discuss prescription only medication on this forum, so if weed moves to that category we can still discuss which 'clinics' attitude towards dispensing

Kratom on the other hand, doesn't seem to have medicinal use they can hide behind on, but even before the decriminalization, some café with traditional medicine certificates are already serving brews with them

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, roietfortress said:

within the last 10 years? 2003 was a different time in LOS.

yes, it was the taksin regime. and his party will be in the coalition. what's stopping his cronies from pushing pitiful pita from telling the bib's to clamp down in order to please his main partner in the coalition?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/8/2023 at 9:11 AM, dingdongrb said:

I thought that pirating using torrents is illegal and yet that is openly discussed. 

I thought killing is illegal but yet every day there are new posts regarding murder.

I thought robbery/stealing is illegal but yet again another subject that is always discussed.

pirating using torrents?? That does exist? Must be very fringe application. Usually it is only used to share linux OS files or my cat videos in 4K

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, digbeth said:

we can discuss prescription only medication on this forum, so if weed moves to that category we can still discuss which 'clinics' attitude towards dispensing

Kratom on the other hand, doesn't seem to have medicinal use they can hide behind on, but even before the decriminalization, some café with traditional medicine certificates are already serving brews with them

I think Kratom has medical use: It is used to milder withdraw symptoms from hard narcotics, mild pain killer and for mild mental issues. There might be more but that are the ones I remember

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

yes, it was the taksin regime. and his party will be in the coalition. what's stopping his cronies from pushing pitiful pita from telling the bib's to clamp down in order to please his main partner in the coalition?

i only got paranoid when i was young ????

many of us [hypothetically] smoked in-country for many years.

things might change in the cities, but for the farang surrounded by rice fields and bananas, nothing much will change other than supplier.

the whole political debate is way past my interest level. i asked "within the last 10 years" and you mentioned 2003. i can't spend my days guessing at 'what ifs'. i have grass to cut (and smoke) ????

speaking of cutting the grass - 2x a week in the rainy season!

#

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1