Immi wants a paper when i renew my passport

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Nope.

It all can be done online now.

I am really confused as to how the embassy can update your old passport when everything is done online. How exactly does this work?

6 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I am really confused as to how the embassy can update your old passport when everything is done online. How exactly does this work?

It's not an update, its a renewal.

You fill out the online application, print it out and send it to the Embassy.

4 minutes ago, Will27 said:

It's not an update, its a renewal.

You fill out the online application, print it out and send it to the Embassy.

So, the stamp in the old passport that indicates that it has been superseded by the new passport automatically appears?

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, BritTim said:

So, the stamp in the old passport that indicates that it has been superseded by the new passport automatically appears?

I'm not sure if you need a stamp.

Either way, the Embassy doesn't see your old passport.

Edit* Maybe a stamp is put in the new passport.

Edited by Will27

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

UK also stopped

I am now planning to get my UK passport renewed after my last extension on 20 June at Udonthani Immigration has been stamped in my passport.

Just wondering do you know if the UK Passport Office puts a stamp in the new passport like as mentioned here that some other countries do?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by vibration

54 minutes ago, vibration said:

I am now planning to get my UK passport renewed after my last extension on 20 June at Udonthani Immigration has been stamped in my passport.

Just wondering do you know if the UK Passport Office puts a stamp in the new passport like as mentioned here that some other countries do?

No.

Totally virgin pages. You need to visit Immigration to get your stamps transferred into the new passport.

14 hours ago, dsj said:

What Canada will do is put a stamp into your new passport stating that this is replacing your old passport.

Old Passport Stamp.jpg

It looks to me like this stamp was put into your old passport.

7 hours ago, vibration said:

From the post i read the passport is untouched. Immigrations are supposed to know that a letter is no longer issued, we can see what reports we get.

If you got the passport whilst in UK it would be stamped in on arrival

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Love It 1

On 6/8/2023 at 8:57 AM, DrJack54 said:

Which passport country?

Some embassies have stopped providing that "letter" 

Oz being one.

Think USA have also stopped.

Oz haven't stopped completely. If you go to the Aussie Embassy or consulate and leave your expiring passport with them, your new passport has a stamp in it to meet immigration requirements. If you renew your aussie passport by mail, and keep your current passport in your possession, then they DO issue the letter for immigration as the new passport is sent in the post and not collected.

This is the written information both the Aussie Embassy and consulate in CM have provided me with as I'm due to renew mine later this year.

• Love It 1

The Dutch Embassy stopped issuing these letters around January 2023.

A consular staff member said it was communicated to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs that no such letters would be issued anymore. I assume the MFA has the task to inform immigration.

21 hours ago, 41632584 said:

I assume the MFA has the task to inform immigration.

And then the information presumably needs to cascade downwards through the Immigration Bureau structure at an extremely leisurely pace in all probability, until it finally reaches immigration officers working on the coalface.