40 police officers to be transferred over overloaded truck bribe scandal

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

“It is about time that the highway police cleaned house,” said Jaroonkiat.

I guess the people taking bribes will be hoping they put the election committee people on it , they are likely to die well before the investigation is done or even started

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Oh please Jaroonkiat, get real, you can fool some of the people some of the time but...................!

• Like 1

The next government should establish an independent civilian body to oversee investigations of corruption within the RTP. Having the RTP investigate themselves seems like a failure.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

And then burn the house.

And do not hire Suthep to build a new police station.

• Haha 2

Every policeman in the highway division must have been aware of the scheme, the great majority would have honoured it (funny word in this context I know), and a slightly lesser number financially benefited. They need to sack the senior organisers, discipline the less senior, disband the whole division and try to reconstitute it such that there are hints of competence and integrity. But I won't be holding my breath.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

to transfer the commissioned and non-commissioned officers out of the division.

To where?  The Inactive Post building is full.  a couple of months down the line all will be forgotten by the Senior Goldfish of RTP.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol Maj-Gen Jaroonkiat Pankeaw, commander of the Police Counter Corruption Division, in his capacity as acting commander of Highways Police Division

that statement..., you knew about it didn't you. And now you have to act on it because it was made public by MFP member, right?

"Clean house", more like "tear it down!"

Difficult to arrest the lower ranks as they know the one ordering the transfers is perhaps not that white. Transfers mean they can continue to earn for the next boss. 

I read the headline, completely skipped the article and comments. I would have done the same thing 100x and be happy to be transferred as soon as I got caught,  Spread the Word!  No penalty!  No blood, no foul. Just get relocated and keep the corruption train on the right track. 

Transferred???? Transferred????? Indict the scumbags and their senior officers and then send them to jail for a long time. What about the safety of other road users, what about the destruction of the roads due to overloaded trucks?