Dog bites 5-year-old child, nearly severs ear, owner offers only 10,000 baht compensation without apology

webfact

1 hour ago, BritScot said:

The dog should be put down and compensation paid (million plus) as those are lifetime facial scares. I hate seeing dogs not on a leash because you never know. I hate idiots who say "I have total control of my dog" No you do not as the unexpected can happen. My dogs were always lashed unless working on a shoot.

I think you mean leashed, you don't sound like a cruel person who would beat his dogs. Very much a responsible owner.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Kiwiken said:

And the child approached with a plastic bag. Fluttering it or the dog thinking is is being attacked? What if the report was the 5 year old suffocated dog would that be ok for you.

The dog should be put down.  A child of 5 doesn't have the mental or mature capacity to understand carrying or waving a plastic bag would excite a response from a dog. 

Statistics show a person brain doesn't develope fully until late 20's it seem in my view your response reasoning isnt within that range of the statistics. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

This appears to be one of the worst, possibly rushed, translations I have read for a while!

Smart Thai Journalism 2023. Behold:

Thai news -> google.translate ->free rewrite using one of hundreds services on the Internet -> synonymization (also free) --> ???? --> ????

7 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

A dog should not bite, so in this case the boy must have been very cruel to the dog for that to pass, which I think is not the case.

Regarding the 200k. As for me, that will need no explanation. Let´s say the compensation will serve as a great memory for the owner to teach his dog better behavior.

Wrong. Lots of dogs bite without any provocation at all. Unlike present day humans who they invent a syndrome for, some are just bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Kiwiken said:

And the child approached with a plastic bag. Fluttering it or the dog thinking is is being attacked? What if the report was the 5 year old suffocated dog would that be ok for you.

Was that the reason the dog attacked on the previous occasions? Smarten up mate you either lock the dog up (not good for the dog) or put it down.

39 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Wrong. Lots of dogs bite without any provocation at all. Unlike present day humans who they invent a syndrome for, some are just bad.

In most cases this happens because the dog owners do not know how to raise and teach the dog. Dogs act very different from humans

and need a strong and loving leader who let the dog know what is acceptable behavier and know how to correct misbehavier in the right way. 

You can watch hundreds of youtube videos of dog trainers explaining and showing how to do that. I have some experience by myself with such a dog

which was raised incorrectly and tends to bite other people outside the family because it is very overprotective. It is possible to change that

with the right tools and knowledge of dog behavior. As mentioned in the beginning this works in most cases, not all. 

5 hours ago, Kiwiken said:

It would me - before or after the dog bit the child.

'Fluttering' it? I find it very distasteful for you to imply that the child might have been taunting the dog with a plastic bag and therefore the dog thought it was being attacked.

The child is five years old. The dog is vicious and needs eradicating. I'm sure the boy's mother would be wildly sympathetic to your view of the incident.

Blame anyone except the disgusting creature that bit the child!

3 hours ago, arick said:

200k in her dreams

If it were your child and you didn't have much money to care for a child that is the victim of a dog attack, what would YOU do?

You sound no different from the dog's owner. Denying responsibility so that compensation isn't paid.

She has to:

Take care of the child, change dressings, hospital check visits, transport to and from hospital, administer medication, purchase medication, lotions, lint, dressings, probably take time off work, worry herself sick that the dog might have rabies, worry that the dog might attack him again, face the relative who is denying responsibility, and possibly, many other necessary things that have turned her families life into a nightmare existence

She should be demanding 3 times that figure and you know it!

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Crate up the dog and send it to Vietnam:

undefined

Great picture - the future for all these disgusting, stinking animals. Alternatively minced and sold as cat food.... and vice versa.

"According to the WHO, rabid dogs are responsible for about 25,000 deaths per year throughout the world. Countries with large populations of strays see correspondingly high rates of rabies and about 36 percent of rabies deaths occur in India each year, most of which come from people coming into contact with rabid dogs.

The number of individuals who suffered from dog bites annually.  More recently, according to a randomized survey conducted from 2001-2003, an estimated 4.521 million suffered from dog bites each year."

Exterminate them all. No more dog sh*t......... heaven!

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

And the article clearly states that on those previous occasions the child's mother admitted that her son had instigated those incidents...the same child who was approaching the same dog with a plastic bag this time.  Perhaps...?

you obviously don't live in a village. Whilst i don't disagree with your comment, these are vile and nasty creatures through no fault of their own but due to their owners bad neglect and treatment. Very loving and normal dogs one minute and a dangerous ravaged dog the next. I've seen/known them kill chickens, cats, calves here in the village and no one does a thing. the bottom line is they are a danger to all children Dogs know that its a child and could just walk away but they are left to roam and have a pack mentality to inflict as much pain as possible. I am a dog lover but regrettably still think that all soi and uncontrolled dogs here need to be put down

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NONG CHOK said:

I seen a Pit Bull wandering aimlessly in my estate. There was no one to attend to the dog so I presume it was out for it's daily exercise alone.

For the reason beyond my comprehension those vicious bastards are often seen near kindergartens.

"Nice & kind maid" let the AST run around for almost an hour. She said it won't bite. Yeah, sure!

Another hipster let his rat-face pitbull roam near another KG. Seriously! Most disgusting things I've seen in Thailand, and I've seen a lot )

14 hours ago, webfact said:

She wanted her child, who was her aunt's grandchild,

Subject matter aside, I had difficulty in understanding the family relationships between the individuals. Especially that the 'bitten' child is actually cousin to the 'mother' ???? 

when the family's son was playing in front of their house and had a wooden stick in his hand.

In the first report the boy had a wooden stick!!! 

Who knows what was really happen. I saw more as one kid what tried to beat a dog or throw stones to them. Maybe this was here the same and the dog reacted in self defense.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kiwiken said:

Do you have a link or a report for that?

6 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

Not the child's fault nor the dogs. Having rescued Hundreds of dogs it's the stick that was the trigger without doubt because many adults are unkind and use them on dogs and leaving a child unsupervised is the parents fault not to mention dog owners taking no responsibility for their dogs and leaving them to free roam. There is no personal responsibility in this country and everyone lies to not make themselves accountable. 

Great plan. 

Just blame the 5 year old victim.

What about the 3 other times that the dog has bitten people.

Were they all at fault according to you?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Dene16 said:
6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

And the article clearly states that on those previous occasions the child's mother admitted that her son had instigated those incidents...the same child who was approaching the same dog with a plastic bag this time.  Perhaps...?

you obviously don't live in a village. Whilst i don't disagree with your comment...

What's where I live got to do with anything? 

You, obviously, cannot disagree with that comment of mine as it was a factual quote from the child's mother, it was not my opinion.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What's where I live got to do with anything? 

You, obviously, cannot disagree with that comment of mine as it was a factual quote from the child's mother, it was not my opinion.

I have already stated that your comment/quote was correct.

where you live has everything to do with it as your statement implies that the problem lies solely with the young boy. 

I doubt there is a village in Thailand where it is possible to walk the street in the dark hours of the night without being attacked by a pack of dogs

how many times do we hear in a year where children have been scared for life and ultimately lost their life

If you lived in a village your perception or opinion of the events would be completely different

Why would you quote this fact unless you are of the opinion that its the boys fault?

I guess you think he got what he deserved being all of 5 years old?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dene16 said:

where you live has everything to do with it as your statement implies that the problem lies solely with the young boy. 

No, it does not, it is irrelevant to my comments, the dog in question was not a stray or wandering around unattended, neither was it part of a pack of dogs, it was brought to the boy's mother's house/business by a relative.

You are right, I was suggesting that the boy could be solely at fault based on the fact that he has a history of instigating problems with this dog as confirmed by his own mother

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, RobU said:

I think you mean leashed, you don't sound like a cruel person who would beat his dogs. Very much a responsible owner.

Well lashing worked for Roya Navy sailors - that and rum, according to Winston Churchill. Plus something else we're not allowed to mention. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, billd766 said:

Great plan. 

Just blame the 5 year old victim.

What about the 3 other times that the dog has bitten people.

Were they all at fault according to you?

I clearly stated at the beginning of the thread that it's not the child's fault. But you have replied to what you thought I had said rather than what I actually said.

• Haha 1