A Syrian refugee who stabbed six people, including four young children in Annecy, southeast France, was denied asylum in the country last month

Social Media

A Syrian refugee who stabbed six people, including four young children in Annecy, southeast France, was denied asylum in the country last month.

The suspect, who has been named as Abdalmasih H by French media, had his asylum request rejected because he has held refugee status in Sweden for the past 10 years.

French authorities rejected the request on 26 April but the suspect only learned of the decision on 4 June, French broadcaster BFMTV said.

The 31-year-old was arrested in connection with the attack at a lakeside park in which four children - two aged two, one aged three and a 22-month-old - suffered "life-threatening injuries".

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Should have deported him as soon as his fake claims were rejected. 

These hand wringing pearl clutchers who oppose the implementation of strong immigration policies make me sick. Let's hope the real victims can recover.

Do you have evidence of why he wasn’t deported linking to your alleged ‘hand wringing pearl clutchers’?

Or did you make that up? 

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

You think this is the first attack?

Immigration has a lot to answer for.

Link for article photo:

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/poland-no-muslims-no-terror-map-100-fake-news-48476/

Terror-map-768x595.jpg

Have you read the article? ????

The title is:

The Poland “no Muslims no terror” map is seriously misleading

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, 300sd said:

The men that were there watched. They must be identifying as something other than men! 

That's a bit harsh.

And also missing the point: migrants like that should never have been allowed in. I wonder if they checked his criminal background?

It's a migration failure, nothing to do with the men in the area at the time. You've been watching too many movies; this is real life.

I am sure we would all take a knife in the throat for our own children, but not others -- then who would take care of our own children after we die as a hero? Nobody.

If I didn't have a child of my own, I'd maybe risk my life in this situation.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2023 at 7:23 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

‘These people’?

I read the report, it was a single attacker.

While I agree that such generalisations don't usually help, it is still a fact that recent 'asylum seekers' to Europe are often (just) young single men in their 20s and 30s, paying large sums to people-smuggling rings, travelling on obscure routes to their 'favourite' country, where (as some admit in interviews) they can get 'rich' from welfare payments, while, possibly, improving their income in shady careers... - What 'real' refugee from war, or political prosecution does all that?

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Thanks 2

Sad storry. Hope the injured recover swiftly and fully.

From the OP's linked Sky article...

Annecy attack: British girl, 3, among six stabbed in French Alps park was there on holiday

The suspect has held refugee status in Sweden for the past decade, but had also applied for asylum status in France, Switzerland and Italy. Four children and two adults were wounded.

So Asylum shopping. Already granted refuge in a safe European country but wanted to try other countries. What does that say about the credibility of some  "refugees".

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Thanks 2

Just now, FruitPudding said:

That's a bit harsh.

And also missing the point: migrants like that should never have been allowed in. I wonder if they checked his criminal background?

It's a migration failure, nothing to do with the men in the area at the time. You've been watching too many movies; this is real life.

I am sure we would all take a knife in the throat for our own children, but not others -- then who would take care of our own children after we die as a hero? Nobody.

If I didn't have a child of my own, I'd maybe risk my life in this situation.

I don't watch television. Perhaps you are missing the point. This is a man killing children, doesn't matter where he is from! So called men standing around watching is pathetic.

Edited by 300sd
  • Sad 1