Will Monday, July 31st, 2023 be declared a national holiday?

guyfromtheweb2

Will Monday, July 31st, 2023 be declared a national holiday?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. This July, it looks like Friday, July 28th, is a holiday.  Some people I know have said that their jobs will let them go early on Thursday, July 27th.  Then there is the weekend, followed by Tuesday, August 1st and Wednesday, August 2nd which are holidays.  Will the Thai government just make Monday, July 31st, a holiday as well to give everyone a long weekend to "boost the economy?"

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/15/2023 at 05:00 PM

Immigration calendar shows August 1st and 2nd as holidays. both important bhuddist holidays with alcohol ban.

It does not show anything about Monday July 31st.

Bank of Thailand shows August 1st as holiday and not 2nd.

And what is a long weekend worth with two dry days

????

Screenshot_20230613_085330_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230613_085415_Chrome.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there an alcohol ban on Tuesday August 1, 2023 (Asahna Bucha Day) and Wednesday, August 2, 2023 (Wan Khao Phansa or Buddhist Lent Day) in all of Thailand?  If so, I assume this means all bars will be closed on those days.

I see it mentioned in The Pattaya News here and on the WalkAbout Sports Bar page here but no where else in the news.  Just trying to plan my upcoming holiday.

It looks like Thailand is encouraging people to take July 31st off.

"This year’s configuration of public holidays offers an unprecedented and extended break to those who wish to partake. The national Public Relations Department leverages this unique scenario, advising people to take an extra day off on July 31. A full six-day break can be enjoyed with little disruption to the standard working week."

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/extended-thai-public-holidays-offer-rare-six-day-break-amidst-kings-birthday