water heater trouble

tgw

2 hours ago, petermik said:

some die earlier.........how long is a piece of string?

normal actually has a meaning in maths, which is the normal distribution (statistics or probabilities), so something "normal" could be understood as being within one standard deviation from the average.

and me coming from the predominantly German-speaking part of the central European alps, I expect home appliances to last at least 25 years. So 7-8 years is quite underwhelming.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

A lot can depend on their running hours and the quality of the water. Your second heater had a valve that was hard to turn suggests that you may have hard water which means the heating element could also be well 'caked' and that's causing the boiling noises and/or drawing extra current causing the trips?

I don't recommend Mex but have had good experience with Ariston multi-point and more recently Midea single-point shower units.

Good luck with your new purchases.

thanks - yes water quality is not great, also there have been pipe building works in the building in recent years, and I had a lot of issues with sand/dust in the filters.

but there is enough pressure, as I am on the ground floor - pressure has ever only been a problem when the filters were obstructed.

Edited by tgw

2 hours ago, tgw said:

I got an error message on all my orders.

There were 6 orders with status "pending, awaiting payment".

It seems all my orders were registered, but without a payment method.

I had to go into "my orders", select "pay now" and then select "cash on delivery". Very strange.

Lazada has made some changes.You have to open your Order, click on "pay now" and choose your preferred payment option. Have placed two Orders today via COD.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

I don't recommend Mex

Neither do I... we had an earth leakage from a Mex water heater in one of our rental houses that travelled via the hot water to the mixer faucet in the shower... every time you went to adjust the hot water you received an electric shock!

In our own house we have Mazuma Redring units... never a problem in 15 years of use.

image.png.2f44215796cf9240135cebd14311cb

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tgw said:

I expect home appliances to last at least 25 years. So 7-8 years is quite underwhelming.

In Thailand?  I think I am on my 4th electric kettle here in 12 years.......

Even in England I would have been hard pressed to expect 25 years from most home appliances although I do have a vacuum cleaner that's older than that.