Subpoenas, spending bills and strategy sessions: House GOP plots multi-pronged attack on special counsel probe of Trump

onthedarkside

image.png.780f6cf530f95f60fb1d0182726e394a.png

House Republicans are mounting an all-out campaign to attack the special counsel’s investigation into former President Donald Trump and looking to use every tool at their disposal to undermine its findings – from subpoenas to the power of the purse strings.

House Judiciary Chairman Jim Jordan is exploring ways to force Jack Smith to testify or provide information about the special counsel probe of Trump’s handling of classified documents, according to multiple GOP sources familiar with his thinking.

Jordan has already demanded the Department of Justice turn over a slew of documents related to the scope of the probe, which Jordan said he wants first, and the execution of the search warrant for Mar-a-Lago. 

READ MORE

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/06/13/politics/republican-reaction-special-counsel/index.html

image.png.b1dabcdf0700813407d6f4a3730a356b.png

15 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Trump’s innocence or guilt is now a matter of judicial process.

Neither a witch-hunt or an inquisition.

Disagree of course ???? and the trial is being held in a Trump land area so the jury will be sorted.

7 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Disagree of course ???? and the trial is being held in a Trump land area so the jury will be sorted.

There’s no such thing as Trump-land.

Millions of Americans are neither Democrats nor Republicans, millions pay little attention to the news.

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Millions of Americans are neither Democrats nor Republicans, millions pay little attention to the news.

Yeah 75,000,000 wasn't much people.

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Where his being tried is a Republican state from what I heard on LBC radio so people from that state will be chosen to make up the the jury, get it.

Edited by Kwasaki

29 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Where his being tried is a Republican state from what I heard on LBC radio so people from that state will be chosen to make up the the jury, get it.

Yes I do get it.

Did LBC mention ‘voir dire’?

Perhaps the voter split in Florida isn’t what you believe it to be:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_United_States_presidential_election_in_Florida

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Yes I do get it.

Did LBC mention ‘voir dire’?

Perhaps the voter split in Florida isn’t what you believe it to be:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_United_States_presidential_election_in_Florida

As usual we wait and see, I reckon Trump will get off with a fine or suspended sentence.