Cannabis addiction -- let's discuss

19 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

That's hilarious.

Well I do try to find the humor in all posts.

So if you think it, that proves it, right?

No. I do not.

Per your own statements you don't use every day, nor did you use to use every day and quit. Quitting over and over and changing your mind when you decide to get loaded is not quitting. 

I think we have a disconnect on words like "addicted" and "quitting". You seem to require continuous daily use over some period, then stopping continuous daily use forever, until death presumably.

Which I am entitled to. 

Yes, you are entitled to express opinions. No one said you weren't.

That you think (or pretend to think) you fit either of the categories I mentioned is more of a "tell".

11 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Everyone that uses it every day knows it's not addictive. 

Most of the people that used to use it every day and quit, know it is addictive. 

I did use it every day, and I did not know (or think) it was addictive. So that's a 'yes', I think?

I did use it every day, I did quit. I did not know (or think) it was addictive. So that's a 'no', I think?

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Haha 1

Just now, bamnutsak said:

Well I do try to find the humor in all posts.

No. I do not.

I think we have a disconnect on words like "addicted" and "quitting". You seem to require continuous daily use over some period, then stopping continuous daily use forever, until death presumably.

Yes, you are entitled to express opinions. No one said you weren't.

I did use it every day, and I did not know it was addictive. So that's a 'yes', I think?

I did use it every day, I did quit. I did not know it was addictive. So that's a 'no', I think?

Yeah, I'm not an alcoholic, I quit every night when the bars close!

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

Yeah, I'm not an alcoholic, I quit every night when the bars close!

OK, that's a pretty simplistic and juvenile response.

I guess I expected more, but since you never addressed my questions, while I made a sincere effort to address yours, you did not exceed expectations.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

So how many years has it been since quit? 

Can't say I ever quit, obviously, but some really long non-smoking intervals, from 30 days to 6 months to 10 yrs.

Mainly didn't smoke, as refuse to pay silly prices for something that really doesn't matter to me.   When I did smoke quite a bit, it was free, as I had a small franchise ????  I would buy & sell enough to friends, to simply smoke for free.  Buy a 1/4 pound, sell 4 ounces, smoke one .... repeat.

Rarely bought weed just to smoke, as such a waste of money at the silly prices people, inclusive, sold it for.  Price gouging, as I knew what bulk pricing was.  One hell of a mark up, for 1/4 lb, lb, kg to sell ounces or less.

When I bought it, it was gone the next day, as I simply sold 3 ozs for the price of the 1/4 lb, so my oz was free.  Some weeks or months, I had to buy a lb, to keep up with my smoking ????  Always the same though, sell 3/4 of whatever, and keep 1/4 for myself.  Restock when needed.  Never profit oriented sales, so cheapest in town, and simply didn't waste my money to smoke weed.

That's just stupid.

Knowing so many people, in that 'trade' and if wanting to, could have retired in a few years, selling a variety of products.  Too moral, along with, no desire to do a long stretch in prison.

Weed is a pretty victimless crime.  The other stuff, people get addicted to, nah, can't do it, as they will find a way to get money to buy, and didn't want nothing to do with those folks.  

Edited by KhunLA

Upon reflection, and it may have already been written here, we probably need to agree on definitions, and associated words?

Addiction: Physical or Behavioral (psychological)

Outcomes: Negative or benign

After effects: Quit or remission

IMO, responsible cannabis use, daily or more infrequent...

is not physically addicting. We can debate whether it is behaviorally addicting. I'm leaning towards no, but can see a case being made here. Some contend that it is or can be physically addicting.

has a benign outcome, but can see a case where there could be some bad outcomes (respiratory effects).

means one can stop consuming cannabis for brief to extended periods without suffering any negative effects. (This excludes medical applications obviously).

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Upon reflection, and it may have already been written here, we probably need to agree on definitions, and associated words?

Addiction: Physical or Behavioral (psychological)

Outcomes: Negative or benign

After effects: Quit or remission

IMO, responsible cannabis use, daily or more infrequent...

is not physically addicting. We can debate whether it is behaviorally addicting. I'm leaning towards no, but can see a case being made here. Some contend that it is or can be physically addicting.

has a benign outcome, but can see a case where there could be some bad outcomes (respiratory effects).

means one can stop consuming cannabis for brief to extended periods without suffering any negative effects. (This excludes medical applications obviously).

To be clear, I never meant to imply I believe it is physically additive.

I also do not think cocaine is physically additive. 

That said, the physical component of addition is the easiest to overcome. 

34 minutes ago, mogandave said:

To be clear, I never meant to imply I believe it is physically additive.

I also do not think cocaine is physically additive. 

That said, the physical component of addition is the easiest to overcome. 

Every drug creates a dependency, even marijuana, but cocaine creates a steong physical dependency to

People who struggle with addiction usually develop physical dependence on a drug in addition to mental changes. Dependence involves changes to how neurotransmitters are released by the brain. Once a drug releases more serotonin, dopamine, or other combinations of neurotransmitters, the brain is less likely to continue this release process on its own and will begin to need the presence of the drug to reach equilibrium

https://americanaddictioncenters.org/cocaine-treatment/is-it-physically-addictive

10 hours ago, Hummin said:

Once a drug releases more serotonin, dopamine, or other combinations of neurotransmitters, the brain is less likely to continue this release process on its own and will begin to need the presence of the drug to reach equilibrium

this release can come from other *drugs* too

skydiving and what not

exercise

power

eating

sex

gambling

many different ways the human body releases more of these chemicals.

32 minutes ago, stoner said:

skydiving and what not

exercise

power

eating

sex

gambling

Yes, but most all of them require actually getting off the sofa, if only to answer the door....

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, stoner said:

skydiving and what not

exercise

power

eating

sex

gambling

I have done all of it except and  gambling did not have much effect on me at all. Cocain a fe times a year for a decade, and I understood this I could not do to much, because it was to good.

Next on list which gave high doses was base jumping, but not even close to cocain. Some few mexican strains was quite good to of marijuana, but still. 

Cocain is the closest to redicolouse teenage love and sex in overdose, same as extasy wich I also understood I could not play with, so I left it with just a few times. 

• Haha 1