March Across Thailand: 50,000 Signatures Sought to Keep Cannabis off the Narcotics List

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The Future Cannabis Network is marching across Thailand in a campaign to gather 50,000 signatures opposing the reclassification of cannabis as a narcotic, confident that the new government will listen.

Add a couple of naughts you might get some attention.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, h90 said:

What is out of control? And why is control needed. There are no Cannabis dealer that force it down our throats. There are no Cannabis overdose deaths on the sidewalk.

Who, like me, does not like Cannabis should simply not buy it, not use it. No law is needed to help me not buying it. And it is far less addictive than alcohol or cigarettes so no excuse for a law there.
Yes...only tolerate it, ban advertising for it, ban public smoking of it, and of course ban driving car intoxicated with it.  Everything else is not the countries business

It is out of control, young children can order cake, cookies and THC rich gummies  COD, and will want to try it. Some edibles are so strong that even I can eat only half.  I ordered 100 grams of KTKD 2 months ago for a mere 900 baht, also COD, and the mailman gave it to my 9 year old daughter. Here on Phuket, there are now more coffeshops than schools. Totally out of control.

• Confused 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Oralush said:

Simple, do not buy it then or have it delivered somewhere else.

I do agree with everyone in some ways. 

The whole issue of cannabis and the problems people are encountering are due to a lack of regulations. A new bill should be passed to regulate the industry, not kill it. I totally agree with the shops not being allowed within certain distances of schools etc.  Yes, it can be very easy for someone underage to get hold of it, but so can alcohol and cigarettes, which as previously mentioned I believe are much more addictive.

As for edibles; this I agree on. I browsed some edibles not long ago in a shop nearby and was shocked to see cookies which they advertised on the packaging at 100mg. When I asked them about it, they simply replied with a shrug of the shoulders. I went to another and they had something similar. Either they do not know anything about edibles or they simply don't care. This is 1 area which needs to be carefully regulated due to packaging etc. 

Get rid of the street sellers and the cowboys - Yes, but don't kill it just because someone doesn't like the smell. I hate tobacco smoke, yet I don't cry about it when I smell it in the street. 

Clear packaging regulations are also needed to limit things like edibles from looking like yummy sweets. 

The problem is they don't need to look very far to see how it should be done...

My 1st post, wow. Have a great day.

I would be for no laws at all. But a compromise would be no advertising and no delivery service (or delivery in a way that only adults can take it, would be easy....for things like that the delivery guy must make a photo of the ID card).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Sure, as long as the same goes for other legal drugs like alcohol and cigarettes.

The roles laid out at the moment are already good enough and a bit too much.

1. No under 20 -✔️

2. No pregnant\nursing women - I would agree to this if the same rule was for alcohol and cigarettes as well

3. No driving under the influence ✔️

What else do you need?

4. no open advertising
Point 2: is really strange: Do women loose mental capacity when they get pregnant so they need a Legal guardian?

But OK I think everyone can live with such rules.

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It seems the anti-weed Reefer Madness brigade for questionable political reasons is going to insist on getting their pound of flesh. The main question at this point is just how far down the onerous rat hole they go.

Depressing really. They really did a smart thing being the weed pioneer in Asia. A few tweaks here and there might be in order, but clearly there are forces that want to throw the cannabis baby out with the bong water.

The only good thing I see is that with the hysteria about weed the Kratom is off the radar.....
Anutin should have legalized Opium as well, than everyone would now hysterical focus on that and weed would be ignored.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, h90 said:

4. no open advertising
Point 2: is really strange: Do women loose mental capacity when they get pregnant so they need a Legal guardian?

But OK I think everyone can live with such rules.

The problem with that is for the sellers. Are they supposed to ask every female for a doctor certificate that she's NOT pregnant? Are the supposed to squeeze female customers boobs to make sure they're not breastfeeding?

12 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

What support systems are in place for addicts?

You mean alcohol addiction? Gambling Addiction? Methamphetamine addiction?

For Methamphetamine, if caught one one pill there is a diversion program. If two or more the support system is called "prison".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

You mean alcohol addiction? Gambling Addiction? Methamphetamine addiction?

For Methamphetamine, if caught one one pill there is a diversion program. If two or more the support system is called "prison".

No it's a rhetorical question laced with sarcasm

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Holland, Schmolland and those canals that drunken hooligans piss in.

Look to the new world. 
COLORADO is a better model. 

A decade after legalizing cannabis in Colorado, here’s what we’ve learned | CU Boulder Today | University of Colorado Boulder

Also published in 2022:

"Markets evolve slowly when cannabis is legalized, but it is more than just the opening of dispensaries that gets expanded in some jurisdictions. In jurisdictions with for-profit entities licensed to sell, legalization comes with a robust industry promoting high potency cannabis products, which have been associated with psychosis symptoms. In Colorado, there was a positive association between the number of dispensaries (medical and recreational) and rates of psychosis ED visits across all...."

Impact of cannabis legalization on healthcare utilization for psychosis and schizophrenia in Colorado  https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0955395922001049

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Also published in 2022:

"Markets evolve slowly when cannabis is legalized, but it is more than just the opening of dispensaries that gets expanded in some jurisdictions. In jurisdictions with for-profit entities licensed to sell, legalization comes with a robust industry promoting high potency cannabis products, which have been associated with psychosis symptoms. In Colorado, there was a positive association between the number of dispensaries (medical and recreational) and rates of psychosis ED visits across all...."

Impact of cannabis legalization on healthcare utilization for psychosis and schizophrenia in Colorado  https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0955395922001049

Prohibition ending increased alcohol harms too. But it was better than deadly gang warfare in city streets and FBI poison hooch by a country mile! 

Same for all drugs really. There's always a percentile who can't handle their highs. 

• Thumbs Up 1