EBike Conversion

carlyai

Nice choice of components.  I went the easy route, hub motor for my conversion.  Assumed you watched a YT vid or 2 on converting.  If not, see below.

Good Luck

Edited by KhunLA

12 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Nice choice of components.  I went the easy route, hub motor for my conversion.  Assumed you watched a YT vid or 2 on converting.  If not, see below.

Good Luck

Thanks.

I tried to contact you before but someone said you were in Asianow jail. :)

3 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Thanks.

I tried to contact you before but someone said you were in Asianow jail. ????

That seems to happen a lot ????

Hub vs mid, I avoided the mounting of, but aside from that, it's really easy, just take your time, swapping out parts.  Mine (Schwinn) all slid off/on fairly easy I still haven't mounted the PAS module, as didn't think I'd use, plus don't have a 'crank' tool.   Regret that, though have another bike for exercise, and may actually start using ???? May peek at it/PAS again, see if I can mount without tool.

Once done, just take it easy cruising, and don't max out on your speed, as your bike probably isn't made for 40ish kph or more.  My suspension & brakes (non disc) definitely aren't, so I keep around 25-30 kph, if not less. 

Also attracts less attention, as passing PoPo on the road isn't the best look.

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

That seems to happen a lot ????

Hub vs mid, I avoided the mounting of, but aside from that, it's really easy, just take your time, swapping out parts.  Mine (Schwinn) all slid off/on fairly easy I still haven't mounted the PAS module, as didn't think I'd use, plus don't have a 'crank' tool.   Regret that, though have another bike for exercise, and may actually start using ???? May peek at it/PAS again, see if I can mount without tool.

Once done, just take it easy cruising, and don't max out on your speed, as your bike probably isn't made for 40ish kph or more.  My suspension & brakes (non disc) definitely aren't, so I keep around 25-30 kph, if not less. 

Also attracts less attention, as passing PoPo on the road isn't the best look.

Hahaha...not likely this old fella passing much. :)

My wifey and her gang are biking fairly regularly in between work. A few days ago 80 km! So I can join them but 30km is my limit as next day back broken.

So I though a motor for extra km....back in the gang, the snowey haired one.

Still with the helmet, glasses, etc. the dogs still recognise this Falang.

Great vid Johnnerdo...thanks again.

you.

You know of vids on how to use the thumb speed control and gears?

See your solar posts and getting ready to do it soon.

Still toying up if I'll build my own batteries, so might play around with the bike batteries first.

Thanks again.

56 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Hahaha...not likely this old fella passing much. ????

My wifey and her gang are biking fairly regularly in between work. A few days ago 80 km! So I can join them but 30km is my limit as next day back broken.

So I though a motor for extra km....back in the gang, the snowey haired one.

Still with the helmet, glasses, etc. the dogs still recognise this Falang.

Great vid Johnnerdo...thanks again.

you.

You know of vids on how to use the thumb speed control and gears?

See your solar posts and getting ready to do it soon.

Still toying up if I'll build my own batteries, so might play around with the bike batteries first.

Thanks again..

You'll love the PAS mode, you'd be pedaling stress free.  they be huffing & puffing  after a while.   How does he do it.

Should have 3 modes

... simply off, you're pedaling

... PAS (pedal assist system) ... sensor will note you're pedaling, speed of, and monitor motor speed to assist.

... full electric,  using 'thumb' accelerator, simply push down & hold down, instead of twisting.   Same on my controls.  Don't pedal, just enjoy the ride.   Save that, and the battery, for the return leg.

No need to do anything, except turn on if not just pedaling.  When on, when pedaling, it will sense that, and assist.  Just use throttle for full electric.

• Thumbs Up 1