E-Visa with thai address on passport

17 minutes ago, anotherfarangishere said:

?

Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 21.59.45.png

Seriously.

Read @Lemsta69 post.

Here is part of that ...

"You can either go back to France where your French passport gives you the "right of abode" or fly to a nearby country that accepts applications from foreign nonresidents."

SInce you are in Korea the best plan is to forget e-Visa and fly to country where you can apply for visa at a Thai consulate.

one example would be Saigon as flights might be an option. 

Having French pp you can visa exempt entry to Vietnam..

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Seriously.

Read @Lemsta69 post.

Here is part of that ...

"You can either go back to France where your French passport gives you the "right of abode" or fly to a nearby country that accepts applications from foreign nonresidents."

SInce you are in Korea the best plan is to forget e-Visa and fly to country where you can apply for visa at a Thai consulate.

one example would be Saigon as flights might be an option. 

Having French pp you can visa exempt entry to Vietnam..

Bear with me here, I've never applied for the thai e-visa:

So what if (whilst in Korea) the OP selects that he is in France, and completes the online form - is there any further interaction - do they send a visa sticker - I assume its all online and digital, so is it possible in theory?

4 minutes ago, Sigma6 said:

Bear with me here, I've never applied for the thai e-visa:

So what if (whilst in Korea) the OP selects that he is in France, and completes the online form - is there any further interaction - do they send a visa sticker - I assume its all online and digital, so is it possible in theory?

This question has been discussed previously. 

Just ONE simple requirement (in my understanding is flight from home country to Thailand) 

So many threads along lines of ..

"I'm currently in Thailand can I go to nearby country and apply for e-Visa (eg UK citizen) and then enter Thailand.

It's a loop hole to very poorly implementation of e-visa.

Some folk even inquired about METV that can only be obtained in your pp country.

Many folk trying to scam the intention of e-visa to Thailand. 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, anotherfarangishere said:

Well, eventually something making sense for me! No, I didn't start up an application on the e-visa website as first, I wanted to post on this forum.

So, the e-visa website is going to use my IP address to send my request to the Royal Thai Embassy in Seoul?

Many thanks for your help, BTW.

Why on earth would you think your IP address has anything to do with it. The first page of an E-visa application makes it very clear which embassy will handle the application, copy attached.

Stop challenging what gets said and make an application yourself to find out what is required. It does not need to be submitted and will be removed from the system in 14 days.

Official Website of Thailand Electronic Visa_1_Page_1.jpg

13 hours ago, Sigma6 said:

Yes it is possible and I know that to be fact but not out of the question for it to be an issue.

There can be further interaction, the application stated all documents must be in English so I sent the translation of my marriage certificate, they then asked for the Thai version.

They do not send a sticker, the E-visa is a printout sent by email and you just show to immigration when required. Normally annotated on entry stamp.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Why on earth would you think your IP address has anything to do with it. The first page of an E-visa application makes it very clear which embassy will handle the application, copy attached.

Stop challenging what gets said and make an application yourself to find out what is required. It does not need to be submitted and will be removed from the system in 14 days.

Official Website of Thailand Electronic Visa_1_Page_1.jpg

Thank you. So I shouldn't have problem to put French Embassy? If I'm correct, the e-visa - if country of residency selected - is delivered in 3 days? (I'm flying to Chiang Mai from Kuala Lumpur on July 1).

On 6/21/2023 at 7:04 AM, Red Forever said:

What a sneering reply. My EU passport definitely doesn't have an address line and my American friend and Thai partner with whom I am sipping coffee with have addressless passports. That accounts for 1 billion of the world population. 

Perhaps you could reveal which country your passport was issued in. If you can't then I call BS. 

from brianthainess:

"it was a simple question"...

from brianthainess

"Since when do PP have your address in them? place you were born yes but your address ? "

1. My passport is issued from a country part of the EU,

2. My citizenship is not your business,

3. Are you part of any "authority" I should be aware of?

4. The "sneering part" wasn't from me (cf. brianthainess posts),

5. Calling other people BS is "awesome"... it does show your level

Edited by Fab5BKK