Trump denies exposing secret Iran paper in heated interview with Bret Baier – latest news

Social Media

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Also from the same interview, Trump tying himself up in knots over saying he would pardon Alice Johnson over drug offences but then being confronted by Bret that under Trump's new proposals she would be executed!

Trump touts pardoning first-time nonviolent drug offender Alice Johnson and says she got “treated terribly,” but then Bret Baier points out Johnson would get the death penalty under his new proposal. 
"No, no, no. Under my, oh, under that? Uh, it would depend on the severity."

He has no idea of what his proposals are and how they affect others until they are pointed out to him. I think he might be facing a crisis of instability.  The stress has definitely played on his memories.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, pomchop said:

There are still millions who think he won the 2020 election not that they have a shred of evidence and in spite of 60 court cases tossed, recount after recount by mostly republican officials.  No rational person could possibly believe that if there was any  evidence of significant voter fraud that it would not have long ago been brought to light....yet they still cling to the BIG LIE because Trump told them so.  If that is not delusional then I frankly don't know what else to call it.

Any election, where the outcome is reversed by postal votes counted AFTER the in person votes have been counted must be considered suspect IMHO.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not pro-Trump, but ..............

If the President of the USA can't view and share their countries secrets it just seems wrong.

Surely it's all up to him?

If I were president, my defense would be, "They're my secrets to do with what I will"

He was not president at the time despite the quaint US habit of calling officials by their one time titles forever.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Any election, where the outcome is reversed by postal votes counted AFTER the in person votes have been counted must be considered suspect IMHO.

It's been a feature of every election ever held in the US at least. It's the reason that Trump railed against the mail in vote. You will note that your talking points are out of date as Trump is now encouraging mail in voting after realizing that his ploy worked against him.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/03/15/politics/trump-republicans-mail-in-voting/index.html

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

I better watch  that Trump/demential video again to understand the back story on this.

Surely Mr. Dump  (#45, one and out) must wish he could redo the interview but since every word he speaks is precious to him, he'd probably  let it stand.

He'll be asked about it again on the stand.

Wouldn't call myself a Trump supporter this time around. Liked him in 2016 and liked what he did to the country in his first term. But now, he is old news and there are far better candidates that can carry the conservative message.

Note- Brett Baier did an excellent job. He is a good jounalist and manages to keep his own prejudices well concealed when he is interviewing someone. Trump looked bad. Still wants to re-litigate 2020 instead of articulating a positive case as to why voters should choose him again now. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Wouldn't call myself a Trump supporter this time around. Liked him in 2016 and liked what he did to the country in his first term. But now, he is old news and there are far better candidates that can carry the conservative message.

Note- Brett Baier did an excellent job. He is a good jounalist and manages to keep his own prejudices well concealed when he is interviewing someone. Trump looked bad. Still wants to re-litigate 2020 instead of articulating a positive case as to why voters should choose him again now. 

Indeed. You are a case in point of Trump losing the support of his base. Realization that he can't / won't win is setting in. Unfortunately the GOP has chosen the outside barrier by hanging on too long.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I DID enjoy the section where Bret just plain smacked him in the face for denying he lost the election. Mwuhahaha!

The bigger issue is FOX is now backing Trump criminality as being more newsworthy.

FOX views are now being treated to Trump’s lies being called out and his criminality bro g openly discussed on their favorite news channel.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The bigger issue is FOX is now backing Trump criminality as being more newsworthy.

FOX views are now being treated to Trump’s lies being called out and his criminality bro g openly discussed on their favorite news channel.

They don't want to be the rats that went down with the sinking ship. Now, belatedly trying to clean up their act and look "fair and balanced".

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Indeed. You are a case in point of Trump losing the support of his base. Realization that he can't / won't win is setting in. Unfortunately the GOP has chosen the outside barrier by hanging on too long.

For me, in 2016 he was the case of the best of two bad options. No way in hell would I have wanted Hillary to be President. At that time, Trump was a breath of fresh air into a stagnant political scene.  And he did better than I expected he would to be honest. 

2020 seemed more of the same. No way in hell did I want Biden to win. 

But those days are long past. The GOP has some very good candidates running, many of whom would easily beat Biden in 2024. I have a sneaking suspicion that, if the GOP nominate someone other than Trump, the Democrats would find a way to ease Biden away from the nomination and replace him Ditto Harris, no way would she ever be given the nomination, given her dismal performance as VP. But getting ahead of ourselves here. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

LOL, if anybody has been getting ahead of themselves on the various Trump threads, it's been you.

A breath of fresh air? More like the miasma coming off a cesspool.

Trump said he was going to drain the swamp. All he really did was replace the alligators with crocodiles.

Have to disagree with you there (unsurprisingly). I just get a bit tired of the constant and reflexive "but Trump...." whenever another politician is mentioned or criticized even in the gentlest possible way.  You can see almost any discussion get derailed easily by falling down that particular rabbit hole. IMHO there should be a similar rule to Godwin's Law, except with respect to injecting Trump into discussions where he has no need to be. 

As I said, he had a good first term but after that... the wheels came off.  I can only hope that my good cousins to the south come to their collective senses and nominate two different people for their respective parties in 2024. 

15 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Have to disagree with you there (unsurprisingly). I just get a bit tired of the constant and reflexive "but Trump...." whenever another politician is mentioned or criticized even in the gentlest possible way.  You can see almost any discussion get derailed easily by falling down that particular rabbit hole. IMHO there should be a similar rule to Godwin's Law, except with respect to injecting Trump into discussions where he has no need to be. 

As I said, he had a good first term but after that... the wheels came off.  I can only hope that my good cousins to the south come to their collective senses and nominate two different people for their respective parties in 2024. 

Odd point to raise in a Trump related thread.

But we can’t agree on everything.

Trump’s only term was a crock.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

I'll take the other side of that bet.

Of course even if one side could do it, the other side could, too. Wash.

Never has a Dem been recorded saying, "If you could just find me...11,780 votes...etc."

trump lost. Badly. It was the worst drubbing of an incumbent R ever.

Time to move on.

You misquoted him. The senile old fool actually said "If you could just find me... ugh... 11,780 votes".

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Not pro-Trump, but ..............

If the President of the USA can't view and share their countries secrets it just seems wrong.

Surely it's all up to him?

If I were president, my defense would be, "They're my secrets to do with what I will"

But he is not the president and never had permission to keep the classified documents.

• Thanks 1

We all know that Trump lies all the time.

I am waiting for 90% of his party to finally admit that Trump is a serial liar.

In the moment most of them still pretend that Trump is a great candidate to become POTUS again.

When will they finally admit the truth?