Jump to content

Easist way for Thai wife to stay in Cambodia for 40 days?

Recommended Posts

Hello Anyone with Experience,


We plan to go to Cambodia for 40 days for a holiday, I am very confused by all the websites for VISA.

We found https://www.evisa.gov.kh/ when we upload her passport she's forced into E Visa and needs hotel bookings and not weirdly a letter of invitation.

We I upload my passport (Australian), none of these fields exist nor are forced and I can select a T Visa.

So I guess my questions is if she arrives at the airport and gets a 15 days entry, does she get a T Visa on arrival (or something else), and can we visit the Department of Immigration and get myself and her a 30 day extension.

Been in Thailand for 17 years, with my wife for 15, we've never visited Cambodia.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went to see a Thai friend but she is out. Will try again later.


AFAIK Thais get a free visafree entry for 14 days.


Going to Cambodian Immigration isn't the same as in Thailand. They prefer you use an agent.


If you were going near a border e.g. Kep, Kampot you could just go over the nearby Vietnam border. Either turn around and come straight back or stay in Ha Tien for a few days. Nice town 6 kms from border.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

According to my Thai friend the 14 days for a Thai can be extended for 30 days.


She did it with a Sihanoukville agent for $55!


Next time went to Sophea agents in Kampot. Near ABA bank. She can't remember how much they were going to charge but it was less. She hired a motorbike ininfor Kampot for $5 and $2 fuel and went to the Vietnam border.


In Phnom Penh try Marany agents on 51 street. Should be less cost. It may take two weeks.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

14 days free entry
30 day VOA  ( $30)  Online cost $36 but saves a page ( entry stamp vs full page visa sticker)
30 day extension via an agent $40-60
In PP Cina agent on street 130 

Edited by zzzzz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Had the same problem as the OP.  I got an E class visa online without any issues (no flights or hotel booked) but could not get one for my Thai GF.  Emailed a few times and did not get straight forward answers so wrote a letter copying my visa and explaining that I wanted to retire and live in Cambodia with my Thai GF.  Uploaded this 3 times as the 'hotel reservation', 'letter of invitation' and 'other'.  Visa issued within 2 days. 

Edited by Encore
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 10 months later...
On 7/24/2023 at 7:42 AM, zzzzz said:

she is going to need a long term extension an unless she is over 50 , ur stuck paying an agent for "help" 

Not in my case as we applied for my Thai GF to have a Work Permit as Self-Employed which allows her to stay 12 months, renewable every December

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...