Easist way for Thai wife to stay in Cambodia for 40 days?

Hello Anyone with Experience,

We plan to go to Cambodia for 40 days for a holiday, I am very confused by all the websites for VISA.

We found https://www.evisa.gov.kh/ when we upload her passport she's forced into E Visa and needs hotel bookings and not weirdly a letter of invitation.

We I upload my passport (Australian), none of these fields exist nor are forced and I can select a T Visa.

So I guess my questions is if she arrives at the airport and gets a 15 days entry, does she get a T Visa on arrival (or something else), and can we visit the Department of Immigration and get myself and her a 30 day extension.

Been in Thailand for 17 years, with my wife for 15, we've never visited Cambodia.

Paul

355430000_1687950901649817_2699772690996875773_n.jpg

I went to see a Thai friend but she is out. Will try again later.

AFAIK Thais get a free visafree entry for 14 days.

Going to Cambodian Immigration isn't the same as in Thailand. They prefer you use an agent.

If you were going near a border e.g. Kep, Kampot you could just go over the nearby Vietnam border. Either turn around and come straight back or stay in Ha Tien for a few days. Nice town 6 kms from border.

According to my Thai friend the 14 days for a Thai can be extended for 30 days.

She did it with a Sihanoukville agent for $55!

Next time went to Sophea agents in Kampot. Near ABA bank. She can't remember how much they were going to charge but it was less. She hired a motorbike ininfor Kampot for $5 and $2 fuel and went to the Vietnam border.

In Phnom Penh try Marany agents on 51 street. Should be less cost. It may take two weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

14 days free entry
30 day VOA  ( $30)  Online cost $36 but saves a page ( entry stamp vs full page visa sticker)
30 day extension via an agent $40-60
In PP Cina agent on street 130 

Edited by zzzzz

• 2 weeks later...

Had the same problem as the OP.  I got an E class visa online without any issues (no flights or hotel booked) but could not get one for my Thai GF.  Emailed a few times and did not get straight forward answers so wrote a letter copying my visa and explaining that I wanted to retire and live in Cambodia with my Thai GF.  Uploaded this 3 times as the 'hotel reservation', 'letter of invitation' and 'other'.  Visa issued within 2 days. 

Edited by Encore