Requirements for a Retired expat to buy a vehicle

1 hour ago, zzzzz said:

for getting a drivers license & opening a bank account one is needed 

Hmm, I have just opened 2 bank accounts in the last month and didn't need one. But perhaps because I'm married? Who knows. They didn't ask. I needed a hell of a lot of other stuff but not that. I am just of the mind that we can go and get CoRs 'til we're blue in the face with no reason given. It is true that is is free to get one, or at least used to be....even if they make you think it costs 500 baht. This may have changed.

I was looking at cars, a fella foreigner mid 30s early 40s brought one to my house on Sunday, Full Service history, all the other paperwork all appeared ok, we would go to the Land Transport to change over on Tuesday.

I then asked him how many keys, he said I lost the other  one with a shrug of his shoulders, I thought about that then realised what happens if he still has the other key ? 
if a car is stolen insurance companies want to see 2 keys, I sent a message to say I was no longer interested, his partner Thai called me as well, I explained I require 2 keys not one.

• Confused 1

On 6/29/2023 at 2:00 AM, fredob43 said:

My local I/O charges 300 BHT for same.

Which is tea-money again. Officially it is a free service. Ask for a receipt ... I needed a CoR for extension of the Thai Driving License, I got it for free at the local Amphoe.

13 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I was looking at cars, a fella foreigner mid 30s early 40s brought one to my house on Sunday, Full Service history, all the other paperwork all appeared ok, we would go to the Land Transport to change over on Tuesday.

I then asked him how many keys, he said I lost the other  one with a shrug of his shoulders, I thought about that then realised what happens if he still has the other key ? 
if a car is stolen insurance companies want to see 2 keys, I sent a message to say I was no longer interested, his partner Thai called me as well, I explained I require 2 keys not one.

and tomorrow he calls u back and said (I after he goes to shop an has  anew one made) he found it 

• Thumbs Up 1