Does this change your opinion on Elvis ?

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

There is that word again.

IF

And if it is not true?

It is so easy to blame dead people for anything.

As the report came from the Daily Wail, I simply treat it with the contempt it deserves.

Yes indeed. The guy has been dead for 46 years, why on Earth did the Mail decide to publish this now?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Yes indeed. The guy has been dead for 46 years, why on Earth did the Mail decide to publish this now?

It's in the article ! Don't you read or do you  just comment blindly, there's a documentary about it being released that's why the paper picked up on it.

• Sad 1

Being very famous and very rich, gets you alot of action. More than most guys could handle. They literally have to push beautiful women away. If it were me, I would always check ID, if in doubt, and never get with anyone under 18. Not worth the potential consequences, and not worth the emotional damage aspect, not worth abusing of taking advantage, not worth any of it. And to me, a beauty over 18 is more interesting, and less trouble.

But, that is just me. I never had a particularly high opinion of Elvis. Kind of like his music, but I don't engage in idol worship. But, knowing he preyed on children is a rather nasty little bit of information on the man.

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

There is that word again.

IF

And if it is not true?

It is so easy to blame dead people for anything.

As the report came from the Daily Wail, I simply treat it with the contempt it deserves.

oh i get it. you don't like the source so it is brushed off. i am sure all the people involved with the story are to be treated for contempt too ? you are essentially calling the reporters and others liars. 

a number of years ago in toronto the mayor was found out to be a crack head. the original source of the info was shady but in the end it was all found out to be true. 

if it turns out to be false then so be it. my bet on is it not being false and ruins him for people like you who grew up on it. 

i guess you have contempt for all the other outlets that report on it as well. 

• Sad 3

He did have a rich baritone voice with a lot of vibratto, which became evident when he sang ballads. Very distinctive.

The question is whether he was a sexual predator, or many any underage girls were throwing themselves at him as a celebrity. Some probably regarded it as a cachet, I had sex with Elvis.

My opinion of him is more informed by his death, the result of over-indulgence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

He did have a rich baritone voice with a lot of vibratto, which became evident when he sang ballads. Very distinctive.

The question is whether he was a sexual predator, or many any underage girls were throwing themselves at him as a celebrity. Some probably regarded it as a cachet, I had sex with Elvis.

My opinion of him is more informed by his death, the result of over-indulgence.

are you saying that if they throw themselves at you, then it is OK?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

I hope you never talk about anything historical then 

OK, I was out by 4 years. I have to admit to not following the life and times of Elvis, it seemed like a lot longer.

Edited by ozimoron

6 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

are you saying that if they throw themselves at you, then it is OK?

No. I am saying a 14 year old with a 38 inch bust would be tough for anyone to resist, or discriminate from someone older.

I could be wrong, but AFAIK America does not require teenagers to carry ID cards.

I have always preferred older women, after one was kind enough to initiate me.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, The Cobra said:

It's in the article ! Don't you read or do you  just comment blindly, there's a documentary about it being released that's why the paper picked up on it.

I did read it and noted the documentary, but my question s

44 minutes ago, stoner said:

oh i get it. you don't like the source so it is brushed off. i am sure all the people involved with the story are to be treated for contempt too ? you are essentially calling the reporters and others liars. 

a number of years ago in toronto the mayor was found out to be a crack head. the original source of the info was shady but in the end it was all found out to be true. 

if it turns out to be false then so be it. my bet on is it not being false and ruins him for people like you who grew up on it. 

The Mail is much like the other UK tabloids, like the Sun and the Mirror, they are out for sensationalism?

Edited by Smokey and the Bandit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Very slow news day?

39 minutes ago, stoner said:

Actually you don't get it at all.

I find that the Daily Wail is not really a newspaper any more and only seems to publish stuff like this.

Whether it is the truth or not doesn't seem to make any difference to the Daily Wail and even less difference to me.

They never seem to get much published other than on their own site and even rarer do you see any UK based news from them on the internet.

The BBC comes up quite often as does the MSM and social web sites.

Quote from your post

quote "you are essentially calling the reporters and others liars."

Please point out where I said that.

Or do you always put your words into other posters mouths?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

No. I am saying a 14 year old with a 38 inch bust would be tough for anyone to resist, or discriminate from someone older.

I could be wrong, but AFAIK America does not require teenagers to carry ID cards.

I have always preferred older women, after one was kind enough to initiate me.

Damn, you really going with that? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

I simply treat it with the contempt it deserves.

this is what i mean by you essentially calling them liars.

your personal feeling matters not. by this i mean you having contempt. all that matters is the truth to the claims. the source is irrelevant regardless your personal opinion towards them. 

so you have the same contempt for the dailymail reporting on the recent sub incident ? 

• Sad 2

53 minutes ago, The Cobra said:

I read the article and indeed saw, "Now a three-part Amazon documentary". The paper picked up on it because its sensationalism at its best! Seems odd a documentary after all these years? Did someone file a complaint and the cops just found it?????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Jerry Lee Lewis was married to a 15yr old and got hounded (no pun intended} out of the UK.

and so was she.. just saying.

Chuck Berry spent two years in jail for taking an underage girl across state lines. But, hey, Elvis was Elvis.

• Confused 1

ELVIS LIVES! ...uuhhm...

...I have 540 GB music collection on an old hard disc and reading this post I thought, there must be some songs of him downloaded as well... 

Nope, nothing found...

I found "Ace of Spades" and "No sleep till Hammersmith" which I haven't played for decades...

...Does that count to pretend I know some songs of Elvis??? 

But didn't all kids dislike the music of our parents?

Edited by Reginald Prewster
typo

2 hours ago, stoner said:

this is what i mean by you essentially calling them liars.

your personal feeling matters not. by this i mean you having contempt. all that matters is the truth to the claims. the source is irrelevant regardless your personal opinion towards them. 

so you have the same contempt for the dailymail reporting on the recent sub incident ? 

Firstly, my personal opinion matters as much as yours does.

Secondly the topic is about Elvis Presley.

Thirdly it is to do with the Daily Wail whose report is in the thread.

Fourthly, no I have not read the Daily Wail report on the submersible incident.

Why would I have done? It is not the topic being discussed here on this thread and I don't read the Daily Wail anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

Firstly, my personal opinion matters as much as yours does.

i am speaking on your opinion on the subject not the source. so in that regard neither of our opinions mean anything. you are entitled to it just as i am but don't think for a minute it matters.