Being Granted a Tourist Visa Chances after work permit and staying 1 year already continously

Visa history

-E-Tourist Visa (july 2022)

-Converted to Ed-Visa (Aug- January 6 months)

-Ed-Visa Converted to Non-B work permit working as a teacher (Feb- Current)

-Thinking about leaving current job soon .......

How likely is it that I would be refused a TR Visa in Bali/Kuala Lumpur/Vietanne? ......How could I return to thailand as soon as possible

Apparently I cannot apply for another Ed-visa now I have had a work permit.........I can only apply for the Chiang mai university visa valid for 15 months

If TR visa is denied, can I just come back on a Visa Exempt?

P.S I look forward to the posts criticizing my terrible english skills when writing as fast as possible for a forum post

Edited by hydraides
  • Haha 1

I was told by an agent they don't recommend doing now than 4 visa exempt in a 1 year period although depending which corrupt channel you use that varies. They also mentioned having an actual tourist visa can affect that depending where it was issued.

I quote: "For example, if you already apply for tourist visa in Laos or Malaysia before, you can do only once in 12 months calender. "

However they may have just been referring to the Penang embassy policy in particular.

I don't see the issue with work permit. I think it just comes down to the what you've done in the previous year timeframe.

The fact that you have recently been working (especially if in a low paid job) may well make some officials suspicious that you could be planning on working illegally. It typically will influence immigration officials more than consular officials.

You can no longer apply for a visa at the Bali consulate. Your application must go to Jakarta, and they are very strict on tourist visas. I have seen too few reports recently on tourist visa applications in Kuala Lumpur to form an opinion on your chances there. The embassy has oscillated between being reasonably easy and horribly unfriendly. I think you would succeed in getting a tourist visa in Vientiane. You need an appointment to apply there. Carefully check the requirements in Vientiane for a tourist visa, and ensure you satisfy them.

Returning visa exempt via the Bangkok airports would involve some risk due to officials possibly deciding you are not a tourist and are a potential illegal worker.