The Koh Chang Link

5 minutes ago, bignok said:

Whats a good monthly rental for 10,000 baht? White sands or Klong Prao

You should be able to get A large one room bungalow for that,

don't expect it on a beach though, from my understanding Klong Prao is cheaper.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I am going in August. Do you have comments on good taxis at a good price to and from Bangkok.  I assume the main ferry is the only one and the other has not come back. Some good deals on hotels now. 

Rainy????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Correct. I need a getaway from Melbourne winter. See the girlfriend. Have nice swims. Bigger waves are fun. Sometimes lucky and rain on and off. Good last year at that time. 

Cool. You know a good bungalow deal? 

13 minutes ago, bignok said:

Cool. You know a good bungalow deal? 

Because I am normally on a shorter holiday I am staying at hotels with buffet breakfast etc to keep the girlfriend happy but for a long term stay Blue Lagoon on Klong Prou and Little Eden on Lonely Beach are fun. Both in natural settings but maybe a bit basic for longer stays. There is a few similar ones on Lonely Beach. The Op might know.

I have seen Kacha in White Sand Beach lately as low as $37 a night and that includes a buffet breakfast with two nice pools right on White Sand Beach with a night market there at night. It's now $50 but it goes up and down. Australian dollars. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy

2 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I am going in August. Do you have comments on good taxis at a good price to and from Bangkok.  I assume the main ferry is the only one and the other has not come back. Some good deals on hotels now. 

'Meter' taxi from airport should be around 3k+ direct to your hotel. Top secret :giggle: the other one 'Center Point' is back, and can get a one month return, no queuing only one lady working ticket office Trat side, and she SMILES :thumbsup:  this side drive straight on pay other side, Very limited service for now, only 4 ferries each way a day, last time i used it only 6 cars on board. Be warned they leave ON TIME>

1627685450_IMG_20230511_091346(2).jpg.7fff2a1828075470e06837b32e4b1b0d.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bignok said:

What about early sept?

Weather pattern are changing from year to year so what happened in the past may not be the same now 14day predictions are available on Koh Chang i'll leave the weather forecasts to the met office.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Real Name Hidden said:

Last month I noticed the Emerald Cove Resort was being demolished. Do you know the future plans for this property? 

IMG_20230518_155414.jpg

Sorry no but will ask the all knowing Misses 2night. :giggle:

2 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Thanks It it not just me, but for others to share their experiences, advice also, as AN only has links to Nth East, and The other Islands, This is a big island with a lot of falang living here now, In fact I first came to KC in 1998 no Lecky then.

It's a great idea for a topic, and it was good of you to start it. We appreciate it, thank you.

• Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Big sale Bangkok Airways now. Good fares Bangkok to Trat for them. 

Good to hear and only a short flight>until you get to Trat >up to 600b >ferry Pay Koh Chang ferry >pay go hotel around 120b

OR take a taxi sleep all the way to your hotel for maybe 4k max:cheesy: :sorry: :burp:

Edited by brianthainess
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Good to hear and only a short flight>until you get to Trat >up to 600b >ferry Pay Koh Chang ferry >pay go hotel around 120b

OR take a taxi sleep all the way to your hotel for maybe 4k max:cheesy:

Exactly. Can get bus from Bangkok airport to hotel in Koh Chang 900 return. One way Trat airport to hotel 650 baht. Not impressed but on holiday so cop it. 

• Love It 1