Taking cannabis on internal flights

3 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

yeah and newbies who havent shown their true colors yet

really? you have some crystal ball as to what customs are up to? btw i write how i feel like so instead of trying to educate me just mind your own business. you wantr to give bad advice go ahead. as i said for the third time why try to risk bringing it when you can get it anywhere here... you are turning this into a witch hunt on opinions. why dont you book some tickets and go ahead and enlighten me on your travelling experiences. let it be and dont quote me again on this. i dont let go easily either 

Customs?? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, marin said:

That is obvious. I have no quarrel with you, I simply disagree and you are going ape sh&t.

show me one single comment that was ape sh_t. 

what if i am right and someone at security decides you are not allowed to carry weed and you end up in the bkk hilton? is that drama?

the post to coconuts you linked does state that we are not allowed extracts over 0.2% ... what if they decide to apply that to the weed you are carrying. you decided to take me on and confront me on my opinions. and as i said before, why take the risk? just by some elsewhere. so no... you are picking a quarrel with me and you are giving bad advice. stupid advice will get others in trouble and your advice is precisely that stupid. so leave it be

ps

@marin said

"When you threaten people they tend to respond. "

you and me have a different definition of threatening. 

and well... when you insult people they tend to respond too

@marin

also from your coconut article

The answer from the government is no, you cannot smoke marijuana in public, and it is still illegal to sell or supply any products containing more than 0.2% of the main hallucinogenic compound THC.

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, stoner said:

this is only my own personal experience on one occasion. TIT though. 

dude no arguments here... you and i see eye to eye on weed... glad to hear byou got through but as you said tit so things may change

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

It would probably be fine at the moment, It isn't time yet for the 1st and no doubt  highly publicised drugs bust for minor possession, but the way things are looking it won't be long before some poor unfortunate gets hung out to dry for a few grams as an example. If the person in question happens to be a foreigner the consequences will more than likely be more severe as will the media hysterics 

There is 15 minutes of fame out there waiting for somebody that's for sure 

In the meantime why bother its not hard to find , wherever you are going     

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, NextG said:

The article linked to by marin already confirmed to the affirmative by AOT. There is no issue; just a totally hysterical poster and a couple of throwbacks. 

Ok.  As long as the article can be proof that AOT acknowlwdge rather than just a heresay one. 

There are no known issues currently taking cannabis flower or cannabis plants on domestic flights. This is now very well established, you may find an airline check in person that wants to question it but as many people have pointed out calling for a supervisor will quickly sort it as all mid-level and above airline staff seem to know the score.

However, here's where you could potentially have an issue:

1. Saying that you are taking it to sell in the destination city. Nothing to do with the cannabis, just that it's possible that you could fall foul of some weird permit rule on transporting goods for sale, although you would have to very seriously annoy the check in staff before that would become an issue. 

2. Having too much on you and going over your weight allowance. Been there, done that and had some hard decisions to make about what to leave behind....

3. Not sealing the packaging properly and it absolutely stinking.... Not exactly sure what would happen here but potentially as with durian fruit there must be a limit to this what you can and can't take on a plane, smell wise.

Although as with everything, a big smile, lot's of na khrup and the occasional Wai to people that look they are are in charge will most likely remove any of the above potential issues. ????

Edited by tomster
  • Agree 1

Carrying flower is 100% allowed, and should not cause any issues.

If you are carrying oils, edibles, or any type of extract then this may cause issues, and should be avoided.

Also if you are trying to carry very large amounts of cannabis then it would be best to have the receipt on hand so it can be properly traced to a legitimate source in the event you run into any trouble. While there is no clear law yet prohibiting this it would be smart to not push the envelope.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

why on earth would you want to play russian roulette at an airport? you can still get the stuff pretty much anywhere in thailand. also, if you read the current news on AN the thai airport police is now training drug sniffing dogs. dude... think twice before you post. this one is a no brainer.

I was just wondering dude... I too would probably not do it, but the thinking is financial.

I get it online very cheaply. But on a holiday will need buy expensive.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

ok, but tit... i would really not take any chances considering that the stuff is available. all it takes is one over zealous agent, or a change in internal policies an next stop is bkk hilton. try then to explain that it is supposed to be allow

Would you take it on a bus?

• Confused 1